Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and tips and do the exercises.
- Start with Hi if it is an informal email to someone you know.
- The email can have three main paragraphs:
- the reason for writing (= to say thank you)
- the main point (= more details or examples)
- a wish or offer for the future.
- Use emojis (e.g. ) or emoticons (e.g. :) ) to show you’re joking.
- You can say See you soon / See you next year if you hope to meet again.
- Use a closing phrase like Keep in touch, Write soon, Speak soon or Take care.