Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and tips and do the exercises.
1. If you don’t know the name of the person you’re writing to, write Dear Sir or Madam.
2. If the person who wrote to you gave you their first name, you can use it. Hi is less formal than Dear.
3. To reply to someone’s email, start with Thank you for your email / your interest / the information.
4. Say I am attaching … or Please find attached … to tell someone what you have attached to the email.
5. Finish with Regards, and your name.