You are here
An email to explain an accommodation problem
Learn how to write an email to explain a problem with your accommodation.
Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and tips and do the exercises.
- To email someone who's not a friend, use a neutral style and polite tone.
- Start the email with Dear … , not Hi. End it with Kind regards or just Regards.
- Organise your email in three paragraphs:
- why you're writing
- the problem
- what you want the solution to be
- Keep it short and simple. Only include the important information.
- Put specific information in the subject line. Don't just put Problem.