Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and tips and do the exercises.
- In your email, remember to thank the candidate for their application.
- Remember to include information about:
- What position the interview is for and what will be discussed at the interview.
- When the interview will take place.
- Who to contact if there is a problem, who will be interviewing them and who the candidate should ask for when they arrive.
- Where the interview will be.
- How long the interview will last.
- What to bring – IDs (proofs of identity), references, etc.
- Write the date in words, e.g. Thursday 3 April. Don't write the date in numbers – in some countries 3 April, for example, is 3/4 and in other countries it's 4/3.
- You can end the email with a set phrase like We look forward to meeting / hearing from / seeing you soon.