We use adverbials of place to describe:
We use prepositions to talk about where someone or something is.
- He was standing by the table.
- You’ll find it in the cupboard.
- Sign your name here – at the bottom of the page.
We use adverbials to to talk about the direction where someone or something is moving.
- Walk past the bank and keep going to the end of the street.
- The car door is very small so it’s difficult to get into.
We use adverbials to show how far things are:
- Birmingham is 250 kilometres from London.
- We were in London. Birmingham was 250 kilometres away.
- Determiners and quantifiers
- Clause, phrase and sentence
Tags for teachers
A - Z of Content
- 1 de 6