Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and tips and do the exercises.
1. If you don’t know the person well, start your email with Dear + the person’s name.
2. For women, use Ms + surname unless you know they prefer to use Miss or Mrs.
3. Say thank you if you are replying to their email.
4. At the start of your email, say why you are writing: I’m writing to + verb +… .
5. Write the day (Thursday), date (14 March) and place (our Astana offices in the Emerald Towers) clearly.
6. Explain clearly what they should do when they arrive for the appointment.
7. At the end of your email, you can say I/We look forward to meeting/hearing from/seeing you soon.
8. Use Best regards or Best wishes and sign off with your name and your job title.