Learn how to write instructions for a colleague.
Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and tips and do the exercises.
1. You can start a note with just the name of the person you are writing to or Hi ... . You don’t need to use Dear … .
2. Make sure dates are very clear. Include the day, date and time.
3. Explain the reason for the instructions.
4. Write clear and polite instructions. Use phrases like Can / Could / Would you please … ?
5. At the end offer the chance to ask questions and check the instructions.
6. Finish the note with Best, or Thanks, and then your name underneath.