Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and tips and do the exercises.
- Start your email with Dear to make it a little more formal. Hi is informal.
- Give the context at the beginning, e.g. Thanks for … or As you know, …
- Make sure you explain the importance of the event for your company:
I've made some new contacts that will be good for our company.
… were particularly interesting for us.
… with some suggestions about how we can use it.
- Keep your email short. Add an attachment if you have more to say:
I'm attaching …
- You can finish by offering to give more information:
I'm happy to discuss the report further if you're interested.
- You can sign off with Best regards.