Learn how to write instructions for a colleague.
Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and tips and do the exercises.
- Use imperative verb forms to give orders and instructions:
Turn off the alarm / make sure to sign the logbook.
- Tell people exactly what you want them to do and when:
You need to do everything above before 8.45 a.m.
- Tell people where things are – they might not know:
It's near/behind/over/under the …
- Give emergency contact information.
- Have a sheet for people to sign after they have completed the process, e.g. cleaning a machine or balancing the cash register.