Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and tips and do the exercises.
- You don't have to write complete sentences in text messages.
- You can use short forms, e.g. thx (thanks) and pls (please).
- To cancel a plan, say I don't think I can make it. Add the date (e.g. I don't think I can make it tomorrow) and/or to + the activity (e.g. I don't think I can make it to the party tomorrow).
- To show sympathy, say Poor you and Hope you feel better soon.
- Exclamation marks (!) sound positive and they are used a lot in text messages. Two exclamation marks (!!) shows you really, really mean it!