Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and tips and do the exercises.
- Change the words in the question to introduce your answer, e.g. This graph shows = This graph illustrates.
- The second paragraph should give an overview of the main points the graph shows (imagine you're describing the results to someone who can't see the graph).
- The following paragraphs should describe the main patterns or trends in more detail.
- Use precise vocabulary like steadily declined and a sharp increase to describe trends. Use linking expressions like while and in contrast to make comparisons.
- The question asks you only to 'Summarise the information'. Don't give reasons why these trends might have occurred, or your personal preferences on the topic.