Emails about studying in the UK

Learn how to write an email to find out about language courses in the UK.

Reading text

From: Simona Reggia
To: City Language School
Subject: Courses in August

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am interested in taking a two-week course in August. Are there any places available, and what are the start dates?

Also, do you have any accommodation for those dates?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Simona

From: Susan Colworth, City Language School
To: Simona Reggia
Subject: Re: Courses in August
Attachment: accommodation_info.pdf

Dear Simona,

Thank you for your interest in our courses.

Courses

• Yes, we have places on all our August courses.
  • Start dates are 7, 14 and 21 August (Mondays).

Accommodation

• Yes, we have rooms for students near the school. I am attaching some more information, photos and the prices.

Which course would you like, and which start date? If you would like accommodation, please let me know soon, as it is very popular.

Feel free to email me with any other questions.

Regards,

Susan Colworth
Course Administrator
City Language School

Tips

1. If you don’t know the name of the person you’re writing to, write Dear Sir or Madam.

2. If the person who wrote to you gave you their first name, you can use it. Hi is less formal than Dear.

3. To reply to someone’s email, start with Thank you for your email / your interest / the information.

4. Say I am attaching … or Please find attached … to tell someone what you have attached to the email.

5. Finish with Regards, and your name.

Do you need to improve your English writing skills?
Join thousands of learners from around the world who are improving their English writing skills with our live online classes and personal tutoring courses.

A1 English level (elementary)

Submitted by Ronake on Thu, 02/07/2020 - 00:56

Yes having my opportunity to study in the UK, is my biggest dream. I had it since I finished high school, but I couldn't afford to move to London to do my Bachelor's. Now that i finished my master, i hope to save some money by doing a second job, in order to go in London for my Ph.D. The UK is providing one of the best education in world, and excellent labor for qualified people. I hope it to doesn't stay only a dream. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Dear Simona I have seen your website and I would like to know more about your English courses. I'm interested to attend an English course for two months during the summer, in July and August. Do you offer courses during these months and do you have an available places for two people? What are the starts dates? Could you tell me about the price per month, and do you offer any discount if we come as group from 5 people. Also I'm interested in accommodation? I heard that you provide also accommodation at a reasonable price. Could you send me more information about it relate to price and what is included in the price? I would like to book in advance, but im looking to have it with two meals. Dear Rona Thank you for being interested in our summer school. Yes we have free place for those months. The start dates are from 1s and 15th August, you can choose which suits you. The regulat price is 100 per month, but if will come as group from 5 people i will make you a discount in total price for 20%, that mean you have to pay just 160 per two month. We provide accomodation, near campus with all facilities needed. The monthly price is 200 included two meals, but you have to share kitchen and bath with other girls. Im attaching more photos, and other detail information about the acoomodation. Please leave me know if you want to book acoomodation, because we have just few place available.
Profile picture for user Hennadii

Submitted by Hennadii on Sun, 28/06/2020 - 16:01

I don't think studying in the UK is the option for me but I badly want to visit that country with all your history, architecture, literature and of course Premier League. I'm a huge fan of this stuff and a trip to England is my dream.

Submitted by Selin on Sat, 27/06/2020 - 19:20

Dear Sir or Madam, I have seen your website and I would like to know more about your Photoshop courses. I am interested in taking a one month course in July. Are there any places available, and what are the start dates? Also, do you have any accommodation for those dates? Thank you for your help. Regards, Selin

Submitted by Omer_moh on Wed, 24/06/2020 - 19:11

It would be my pleasure to study in UK not only that but also it is a chance for me to practice English with fluent people. Also I can identify one of the greatest culture in the world.

Submitted by Bella on Sat, 13/06/2020 - 10:21

Yes, absolutely. The UK is a modern and beautiful country where I and many other students wish we have an opportunity to go abroad to learn. I try my best to improve the English language to make my abroad studying dream come true. --------------------------------------------- Dear Sir/Madam, I have read your English course via the website. This course is helpful and suitable for me. I would like to know more information about your English program. I am interested in taking three months course which begins in July. I need to improve my speaking and writing skills. Would you have any class reasonable for me? I am foreigner, so do you have any advantage accommodation for studying? Hope you give me information soon Thank you in advance Best regards, Bella --------------------------------------------- Dear Bella, Thank you for your interest in our English course. I would like to give you more information about your question. If you need the details, please find the attached. I would like to summary some highlights: - English courses: + We open 2 courses that focus on speaking and writing skills in July. One starts on 2nd Jul and the other on 15th Jul. + You need to take a beginning test to evaluate your level. We will arrange for you in a suitable class. - Accommodation: we have two options + The dormitory near the school: a single room or sharing room. The price for each room as the attached file + The apartment near the school: more convenient with full furniture. Please let me know which course and accommodation you choose. If you need any other concerns, please feel free to email us. Hope you have a nice weekend Thanks and best regards, Lucy

Submitted by Clarissa on Wed, 27/05/2020 - 11:06

Dear Sir or Madam, I've seen the website of your Japanese courses for beginners. I've been studying Japanese by myself for three months, and now I would like to get into contact with real teachers. Your course seems perfect for my aims, notably because of the importance you give to conversation (even between beginners) and writing as ways of having a better understanding of the language's structure. Would you still have any places for the course starting the 1rst June? If yes, could you give me some instructions about the preparation tasks that are mentioned at the website? Thank you for your help, Regards, Clarissa

Submitted by Reza 2020 on Wed, 22/04/2020 - 02:40

Dear Sir / Madam I have seen your website. I am interested in taking a two-weeks courses on R programming. I was wonder if you share some information about this course. what are the start days? and how much is the tuition fee? are any accommodation available for students? Regards, Reza

Submitted by FRANCY JACQUEL… on Fri, 10/04/2020 - 14:26

Yes, i would like study en UK, beacuse i want learn other lenguage, too, i want know the culture country .
Profile picture for user Sergei Baskakov

Submitted by Sergei Baskakov on Mon, 06/04/2020 - 13:40

Yes, of course. I'd like to study in the UK but right now we have a common problem in the world. The name of the problem name is coronavirus. Stay safe and we'll win this battle.
Profile picture for user OlaIELTS

Submitted by OlaIELTS on Wed, 01/04/2020 - 14:19

Yes, l would. Specifically, London Business School.

Submitted by rivercountryside on Tue, 10/03/2020 - 08:33

yes, I 'd like to study the course in the UK, however I am living very far UK. i only join the courses online.

Submitted by Eswar on Thu, 20/02/2020 - 02:20

Yes i would like to study in UK.Because they have high quality educational systems..if we go there definitely will improve our knowledge& Skills
Profile picture for user Magedelabd

Submitted by Magedelabd on Tue, 18/02/2020 - 05:42

Yes of course I would like to study in uk because the education there has a high quality and its certificate are recognized everywhere.

Submitted by Vidyasagar on Wed, 05/02/2020 - 03:14

Yes, i would love to study in the UK. wanna learn and speak the english language as good as a native speaker would. But it is really a difficult task for me. It would take time. I can understand what others say, but i cannot speak out my thoughts and ideas fluently, without any break.

Submitted by MaryaSun on Mon, 20/01/2020 - 17:23

yes, i would like to study in the UK and i woul like to speak english language perfectly. I want to improve my english but for me it is very difficult. It is difficult to speaking and to tell others what i think and what i want. And also, it is very difficult for me to understand what the others are saying.

Submitted by shahhoseini on Sat, 28/12/2019 - 14:10

I would like to speak the English language and I think if I travel to an English country it will be very good.

Submitted by fariba on Sat, 07/12/2019 - 09:44

yes i would like TO study in UK.

Submitted by Dariusz on Wed, 13/11/2019 - 13:02

I would like to study in the UK. Universities in Britain have a good reputation and higher level so It's a grat chance to improve my education and english skills. By the way it's a good occasion to meet British culture and get to know people from all world.

Submitted by Maizi on Tue, 12/11/2019 - 09:56

Hi evry one Im queen on studing in uk but first i have to get the ielts in my country ,after that i will have the oportunuty to do an oveseas exam for dentist in uk. So i want to continue my dentistery study in uk and the english language i have to master it here in Algeria first

Submitted by aliyazdan on Mon, 16/09/2019 - 14:54

Dear sir or madam, I keen on study English in uk, because it is one hundred percent English. I am itrested in English course in the very near future, but first actually I should need to get Information about time and price of courses and also do they have any accommodation there.

Submitted by Heymar on Wed, 11/09/2019 - 02:54

Yes i would love to study in UK because I have known that UK has alot of higher eduation system.I hope that it can help me to improve my career and my english skills

Submitted by cittàutopica on Sat, 03/08/2019 - 19:09

I think a study experience in the UK is very formative, especially in London or in other big city in the UK.

Submitted by Lameed Mohamed on Fri, 02/08/2019 - 13:24

Honstly no, despite I have a desire to do it but I can't leave my home country ..

Submitted by Santika on Fri, 02/08/2019 - 05:53

I am interested in learn English for a few weeks in the UK and visit London, Oxford, and museums also art galleries and theaters.

Submitted by Julia Rahma on Tue, 23/07/2019 - 03:06

Big Yes! I would love to study in the UK. Honestly i'm interesting to UK for a long time, also there's so many places i have to see. Hope i'll be able to go to the UK.
Profile picture for user iEdd

Submitted by iEdd on Thu, 11/07/2019 - 00:35

Yes, I would. But not specifically English. I want to get my Ph.D degree on physics, and UK is a great place to do it.

Submitted by chris-kutte on Tue, 09/07/2019 - 23:23

It would be interesting to study in the UK. But I prefer to self-study at home to improve my English.

Submitted by Rodomi on Tue, 02/07/2019 - 00:49

To study English in the UK is my big dream! I would like so much taking a three-month English course. I need to improve my English skills, and it is more difficult to do this when you live in a country where people are non-native English. One day I will realize my dream!

Submitted by Cho on Tue, 25/06/2019 - 06:32

I would like to study in the UK. I try to improve my English skills first.
Profile picture for user TP

Submitted by TP on Sun, 09/06/2019 - 04:28

Yes, I would like to study in the United Kingdom. I think the UK is one of the best countries to study. On the other hand, the UK has become a place for many people all around the world come, meet and share their thoughts. I like that multicultural atmosphere. I like the rainy weather too. However, the cost of living is really higher that my country. I guess that is going to be a problem.

Submitted by Kavi on Sun, 09/06/2019 - 04:21

Absolutely.I like to study in the UK.But I have some finance problem.

Submitted by Setareh on Thu, 23/05/2019 - 03:32

Yes, It is interesting. it's a new experience.

Submitted by saydin on Sat, 04/05/2019 - 12:36

I want to learning english in UK for some months but impossible right now. Because I work for my family. Also cost of living in the UK so expensive
Profile picture for user Stanley Alvarez

Submitted by Stanley Alvarez on Tue, 26/03/2019 - 18:35

Yes, I would like to know a lot of universities and places to stay. I think if I were ever in London or somewhere else, I could studying a doctorate for finish my profession.

Submitted by Estudent on Wed, 06/03/2019 - 09:49

Yes, I would like to study in UK for some week.
Profile picture for user mtalebi

Submitted by mtalebi on Sat, 23/02/2019 - 08:05

Dear Sir, If you want that we have great progress in writing, my suggestion is to specify a topic so we write about it, and then you will correct it. Clearly, this is a very hard and time consuming task for you.
Profile picture for user mtalebi

Submitted by mtalebi on Sat, 23/02/2019 - 07:57

Yes, too much. But tuition fees are very expensive.