A noticeboard message

Learn how to write a noticeboard message.

Reading text

Looking for a housemate

Single ensuite room available in our lovely three-bedroom house in Didsbury. Five-minute walk from city centre. Move in from 1 June. Shared kitchen and living room with two female housemates, no parking, £600 a month excluding bills. No pets. Contact 07890 123456 for viewing.

Tips

1. Write the main title or idea bigger to catch people's attention.

2. Keep the message short, with only the most important information.

3. Don't put your address on it!

Do you need to improve your English writing skills?
Join thousands of learners from around the world who are improving their English writing skills with our live online classes and personal tutoring courses.

A1 English level (elementary)
Profile picture for user Ana Luisa Sanchez Arroyo

Submitted by Ana Luisa Sanc… on Thu, 02/05/2019 - 18:04

I prefer share house. You can meet new people and enrich your live with differents experiences and cultures

Submitted by Setareh on Wed, 01/05/2019 - 04:03

I prefer to live alone because I think if you want to share a house with others, you have to be same behavior for your convenience.
Profile picture for user bachhx

Submitted by bachhx on Tue, 30/04/2019 - 05:58

Single room available in a three-bedroom house in Hanoi. Ten minutes by car from the center. Move in 1st August. Shared bathroom and kitchen with a couple house, no parking. @$600 per month, excluding bills. No pets. Contact 096644 for viewing.
Profile picture for user mtalebi

Submitted by mtalebi on Sun, 28/04/2019 - 18:37

If I can find a compatible housemate with myself, I prefer to share.
Profile picture for user conan-ku

Submitted by conan-ku on Sat, 27/04/2019 - 16:58

I prefer to share a house for many reasons : firs,t having a housemate will make me feel safe, second, It is a new experience that builds a new skill, finally, if the housemate is a nice person this can be a new friendship.

Submitted by sky92 on Sun, 14/04/2019 - 12:49

Hi everyone. I'm new. Nice to meet you all! Truly, I'm not good at English so if there are any mistakes, please help me correct them. Thank you very much! Do you prefer to share a house or live alone? I prefer to live alone. Because I can do anything I like without concerning anyone' s thought. I feel free. Hahaha

Submitted by Joanna612 on Wed, 03/04/2019 - 11:16

I currently live in a suite that comes with a double bedroom, a bathroom, a living room combined with the kitchen. The rent is more than 600 pounds per month including service charge for the management but excluding bills. No pet is allowed. Actually, I am not looking for housemates. Just typing here to practice my writing skill.
Profile picture for user Stanley Alvarez

Submitted by Stanley Alvarez on Mon, 01/04/2019 - 15:36

I prefer to live alone, because in this way I can receive several days visits from my friends and family.

Submitted by SaraA on Sun, 31/03/2019 - 19:34

I prefer to share the house rather than live alone. Sharing helps to make new friends. In hard days you'll find support, and on good days you 'll enjoy together. I think life is exciting when you share it with people.

Submitted by YuKo.yykl95 on Tue, 26/03/2019 - 08:39

Currently I live with my parent. So, I don't know the feeling of live alone or sharing house. If I move out from my parent house in future. I prefer to share a house. Sharing a house can get new friends, communication, experience and environment. Also you can save your money for sharing a house.

Submitted by nguyennga1994 on Sun, 17/03/2019 - 14:40

i prefer to live alone. i had a chance to live alone and share my home for my housemates. i think that living alone is more better. i can do whatever i want and do not care someone in my room.
Profile picture for user Nhungskun

Submitted by Nhungskun on Thu, 14/03/2019 - 06:31

Sharing a house is very common in my country. i prefer to share a house, because i can save money and met some kindly housemates They can help me when i have difficult. but it's uncomfortable if i live with mean and untidy person

Submitted by Andreanie on Wed, 13/03/2019 - 14:42

Hello everybody, I'm so glad to find this site.I hope I can improve my english by using it.To answer the question, sharing a house is not common in our country.I prefer to live alone even it was boring sometimes.

Submitted by aliyyan on Tue, 12/03/2019 - 09:50

I prefer to share a house to minimize the payment. But if I can afford it, I prefer to live alone.
Profile picture for user Lê Như Quỳnh

Submitted by Lê Như Quỳnh on Tue, 12/03/2019 - 09:16

I like to share a house. Having a housemate help me reduce cost. We can talk, share the bad stories in life.

Submitted by Estudent on Fri, 08/03/2019 - 09:16

It depends. I would prefer live alone but when you are young it is important share whit other and know out to adapt.

Submitted by Janelrahi on Thu, 07/03/2019 - 09:54

Hi, really like this side. But really afraid to comment because my English not really good.

Submitted by Janelrahi on Thu, 07/03/2019 - 09:50

I do prefer to share house. I don't like to live my own. Because I have grown in a big family.
Profile picture for user nguyendangan188

Submitted by nguyendangan188 on Thu, 07/03/2019 - 09:22

Sharing room is the best way of saving money but you'll be more uncomfortable , not free enough than we live alone. It depend on your opinion what you want , money or free.
Profile picture for user bachhx

Submitted by bachhx on Mon, 04/03/2019 - 22:30

I prefer to share a house. Sharing a house gives opportunities to communicates with other people, thus that makes my life more fun. Also, it is the way to save money, since i do not need to pay for a whole house renting.
Profile picture for user lagift

Submitted by lagift on Sat, 02/03/2019 - 16:12

About my preference whether to share a house or live alone i would say that both have disadvantages and advantages, But i prefer to live Alone even though it's boring sometimes.

Submitted by fabdelnabi on Wed, 27/02/2019 - 07:36

Iwill live alone as room, in ashare house, kitchen, living room, it must be near to center of city or near to my workplace.

Submitted by farhadwahaj on Wed, 27/02/2019 - 07:06

I use to a follow every day this site but after a long time I checked it. It is so amazing and useful site to learn English, will keep in the future in order to learn the English correctly and to use it in the best way. I do not prefer to share house with someone caused I like to be alone and also I like parties so I will do my parties instead to share with someone else but will say well come to those have and I have somethings in common.

Submitted by Rihab did it on Sun, 24/02/2019 - 04:49

Hello, I completed all task, overall I have one mistake. I really struggle on improving my grammar, writing, and spelling as well. I'm not sure if I should write my discussion here but I find it helpful. if not tell me not to do it again :). Do you prefer to share a house or live alone? I prefer to live alone, but if I have to share I like to have an ensuite room. And shared kitchen and living room with a tidy person will be ok.

Hello Rihab did it

Yes, this is the place to answer the discussion questions, ask questions or write to other users. We're very happy to see you write here!

Keep up the good work!

All the best

Profile picture for user TP

Submitted by TP on Sun, 24/02/2019 - 04:12

Sharing a house isn't very much common in my country. I prefer to share a house. Living alone is good but sometimes you feel it very boring. When you have different people, you can talk and share ideas.
Profile picture for user randyjay

Submitted by randyjay on Sun, 24/02/2019 - 04:00

i have prefer to share house with other

Submitted by russelluiu on Wed, 20/02/2019 - 10:12

I have completed my lesson.

Submitted by elobied on Sat, 16/02/2019 - 12:01

Which sentence is correct; Five-minute walk from city centre or Five minutes walk from city centre

Hello elobied

The first one is better, though I would say 'a five-minute walk'. But anyone would understand the second one as well.

All the best