Bicycles and motorbikes

How often do you ride a bicycle or motorbike? Learn some vocabulary for speaking about your bike by doing these exercises.

Submitted by it'sBeBe on Mon, 01/11/2021 - 12:05

The city where my university is located mainly use bicycles and motorcycles. Even though I live in the hostel of university, the distance between the hostel and the main building is a bit far. So I've to ride motorcycle to go to the class. :)

Submitted by Zamira on Sun, 17/10/2021 - 21:21

I often ride a bicycle. My husband and I prefer riding in countrysides. We wear special sport clothes, sport shoes and helmets. My husband always observes places where we ride and cars in order to prevent any kinds of dangerous situations. We have several types of bikes, but my favourite is mountain bikes.

Submitted by dariowins on Fri, 28/05/2021 - 10:18

Every weekend I go to the park with my young daughter to ride a bike for about four hours. She is very good at riding a bike and me too, we enjoy riding together. When I travel to home country, Dominican Republic, I use my motorbike, it's compulsory to wear a helmet but I can say it isn't confortable to ride wearing a helmet because the weather it is very hot at any time and any day of the year, but I know that I have wear it for safety.

Submitted by ANOUAR on Wed, 14/04/2021 - 13:22

I do have a motorBike, it helps me alot because it pick me to my office and also it serves me in alot of other things

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Mon, 05/04/2021 - 14:15

When I was younger, I used to ride a bike almost everyday. I was such a reckless driver. As I get older, now I’m scared of a reckless car driver.... Somehow, I rarely ride a bike recently... ;)

Submitted by Abrarhussain on Mon, 05/04/2021 - 07:13

I ride a motorbike around two hours from Manchester to Nottingham in the UK.

Submitted by cittàutopica on Tue, 30/03/2021 - 17:51

I don't have neither a bicycle nor a motorbike at present, but only a car. When I was a little girl, I had a red bicycle; after, when I was young, I've been using my father's bicycle.I like walking now, because my town is above sea level.

Submitted by Liax on Sun, 14/03/2021 - 21:14

I ride bycicle every week-end with my chidren. We ride near to our home in a park

Submitted by Htoo Sandi Soe Moe on Fri, 15/01/2021 - 17:25

In the morning and in the evening, i often ride a bicycle. I can't ride a motorbike. I like riding bicycle because I feel the cool breeze. It touches my face makes me fresh.

Submitted by moniMee on Wed, 13/01/2021 - 04:32

I used to ride bicycle when I was young. My father taught me how to ride it. But I could only ride when there was few people on the street or no traffic. Now I am today years old and I have plenty things to do so I rarely ride a bicycle.

Submitted by Suraj paliwal on Wed, 02/12/2020 - 12:33

I love riding motorbike with helmet and my girlfriend sit in back.We enjoy long drive

Submitted by BlaiChan on Mon, 30/11/2020 - 18:05

I own a motorbike but I'm currently far away from home. When I'm in home town, i always use my private one wherever I go out. I really love riding it. I actually was able to ride since I was a 10 year old boy. In my place, people mostly use motorbikes to get their destination.

Submitted by Fjorela Marra on Fri, 27/11/2020 - 10:44

Actually, I can't use my bike, I'd love to but I'm so far to my house.

Submitted by Ayuloraine sit… on Wed, 18/11/2020 - 04:42

unfortunately, i can't ride the Bicycles and motorbikes, so i have going to someplace by bicycles or motorbikes by my self.

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Thu, 12/11/2020 - 15:45

My bike is a folding bike and it's small. I rarely use my bike. ;)

Submitted by May Snow on Thu, 29/10/2020 - 11:09

Actually,I dont usually ride a bicycle or motorbikes because I cant ride.As I grew up at the city,I dont get chance to ride a bicycle also to teach how to ride a bicycle. That's why I have nothing to describe about riding bicycle or motorbike.

Submitted by viramala on Sun, 18/10/2020 - 14:19

When I was teenager I had bicycle and with friends we had competition who will be first. It is so enjoyable and warm memories.

Submitted by Pola on Thu, 10/09/2020 - 19:37

Iam no longer ride motorbike or bicycle, although I had motorbike but I don't used to ride.
Hi Pola, I understand what do you mean, I think it would be better like this, I no longer ride motorbikes or bicycles, although I had owned a motorbike I didn't use it

Submitted by MALET on Fri, 28/08/2020 - 14:57

i like biking along the Promenade des Anglais in Spring watching the blue sea

Submitted by Asni on Mon, 24/08/2020 - 23:31

At present, I don't ride any of them. I rode a bicycle years ago. I used to live near the university then, so I rode a bike only when I was with friends to go somewhere, downtown city or some restaurant, etc. I never rode a motorbike and I think I would never dare do so. I'm scared of driving a motorcycle!

Submitted by John A. on Fri, 21/08/2020 - 10:51

There is a long time I ride a bike. The only one that I use to ...is the one in my gym. But with this nice weather I would like to do some outside.

Submitted by M.Saleh on Tue, 11/08/2020 - 22:08

When I was young. I used to be riding a bicycle once a day, for going to school.

Submitted by kayenaat537 on Sun, 26/07/2020 - 12:27

I enjoy cycling but I don't have halmate ... I will buy whenever I have a money...

Submitted by KARIANA MENIN on Fri, 03/07/2020 - 19:36

I´am a cyclist, so I always riding my bike. I usualy go to the country side, on the dirty roads, but something I riding on the road. I just love it

Submitted by Bhuttu Pahan on Thu, 18/06/2020 - 18:31

I always wear a helmet when I ride my motorbike. People hardly see me without motorbike and so happen, if I take a walk they ask 'Where is your motorbike? ...Ha Ha Ha

Submitted by Dilnoza Sulaymonova on Fri, 12/06/2020 - 15:34

I can't ride

Submitted by Ahmed.A on Mon, 08/06/2020 - 17:50

I no longer ride a bicycle or motorbike but I used to ride a bicycle when I was young. I would go to the countryside on Fridays. I learnt a lot from this lesson—imagine I didn't know these words and phrases, with the exception of a few ones. Thank you Learn English Team.

Submitted by Aye Mon on Mon, 25/05/2020 - 13:08

We always use bicycles when we go out near by. Usually when the summer comes.

Submitted by thuy02102000 on Sat, 23/05/2020 - 06:54

I only have a motorbike, I don't have any bicycles. I always ride my motorbike to go out, go to school, go shopping, go anywhere that I want.

Submitted by Hellman on Thu, 21/05/2020 - 01:53

I ride my bike every day, it is my transportation to work, i enjoy ridding my bike, feel the wind against my face makes forget my troubles!

Submitted by Mamta Gusain on Tue, 31/03/2020 - 12:28

I used to ride bicycle in my childhood days. i used to go market on my bicycle to buy stationary items. Every evening i had a bicycle competition with my friends. sometimes i got injured my self due to fast ride. but those days were good. cycling was a kind of game for us. which was giving us pleasure. and also makes us physically fit. I missed those days a lot.

Submitted by Daudau0601 on Sun, 29/03/2020 - 15:40

i used to ride a bike to go to school when i was a student. I think it is very excited, good for my health and environment. i often ride a bike to cross the field and enjoy the fresh air in my country. i really like that feeling

Submitted by Smiley1 on Tue, 24/03/2020 - 15:18

I used to ride a bicycle to go to the nearest station and just go around my city. But nowadays I don’t ride a bicycle from fear of recklessness.

Submitted by piyush_bpin on Sat, 21/03/2020 - 23:54

Although I like to drive a car, I often ride my sport bicycle to go around city. This helps me to stay physically fit. I am enjoy riding my bicycle and since it has many advance features, it makes riding experience more pleasurable. It comes with four gears system where rider can adjust gear level as per comfort. It also has flexible saddle so I can raise or lower saddle without much physical effort. I don't have to worry about flat tire because it has tubeless system. However, this bicycle requires high maintenance and routine oil spread over chain to make rotation smooth. First rules of thumb, I always put on my helmet before riding it.

Submitted by Scommel on Tue, 17/03/2020 - 14:36

i ride bicycle occasionally even if i like bicycles and motorcycles in general it is not an activity that i practice regularly, i like hanging out in the down town eapacially the week end , most people are off so the bicycle road are empty so i do a big tour crossing all the parcs on my way, i find it very relaxing .
week end= weekend down town= downtown eapacially the week end= especially during weekends bicycle road are= bicycle roads are i do a big tour crossing all the parcs on my way= i take a long tour passing all parks on my way back to home

Submitted by wcyam10 on Tue, 25/02/2020 - 07:01

I used to ride on my bicycle every evening for leisure. I enjoyed the fresh and cool breeze very much. However, I stop doing that recently due to heavy air pollution which is caused by the released of chemical particles into the air by the factories nearby my area.
However, I stop= stopped However, I stopped going out on my bicycle because of the heavy air pollution created by many chemical factories in this area.

Submitted by Smiley1 on Tue, 18/02/2020 - 13:39

I used to ride a bike every day to go to the nearest station. I like to ride it! But I don't go by bike recently because I'm afraid of reckless car drivers in a city and, vice versa, I'm a bit a reckless biker. So I like to ride it in a countryside.

Submitted by Jeneia on Tue, 18/02/2020 - 11:21

From spring to autumn I usually ride my bike every day. This year, however, I've been using it until mid-January. I go by bike basically everywhere - to my workplace, to friends and family members, to the shops, and I even like riding it aimlessly - just to relax and free my mind after a long day. :) I used to have a motorbike as well for 4 years, with which I used to go to the mountains and also to different bikers' events and festivals.

Submitted by Ammaraf on Sun, 02/02/2020 - 08:56

In the past when I was younger I ride bicycle in my town streets, I enjoyed too much birthing a clear air and seeing the mountains, trees and river passing across the city under bridge.

Submitted by AdrianaPC on Thu, 16/01/2020 - 11:25

I use a bicycle to move arround the town. There is a lot of kilometres of bike line in my town so it´s easier and more sustentable movi by bike.

Submitted by mtalebi on Sun, 01/09/2019 - 14:49

I seldom use bicycle or motorbike because it is dangerous and unsafe in our country, Iran. People usually use bicycle in park for entertainment.

Submitted by Aisha na Shadee on Thu, 22/08/2019 - 21:26

I use a motorbike to go to work because it is fastest and easiest transport in my area. In morning there is normally a huge traffic jam so if a person use a public transport or his/her own private car needs to get up very early around 4.00 am in order to get in time at his/her working station.

Submitted by funnylearn on Thu, 15/08/2019 - 10:18

oops, I drive motorbike everyday. Go to work. This is the main vehicle in my country so you can supprised why is so many. The roads are always stuck in traffic and you might go crazy and take times for waitting