Notes at work

Read some short messages to practise and improve your reading skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and do the exercises.

Reading text

Mario called. He wants you to call back before 7 p.m.

Sales meeting this afternoon at 12 noon. Meeting Room 2.

Pens ready for collection between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.

Jackie is leaving the office at 4 p.m. today. Please remember to lock the doors. The keys are in your drawer.

Submitted by ANOUAR on Tue, 16/11/2021 - 09:14

In the age of the internet it's better to leave a text message because people always bring their phones with them.

Submitted by Bena - Mustafa on Sat, 30/10/2021 - 23:33

Normally , I sending message in their phone , that is easy to me, because my colleagues we are friendly.

Submitted by LamVanPhuong on Wed, 27/10/2021 - 12:15

if i call for someone and they don't answer the phone , i will leave a text messages for them. if possible we will Discuss the issue by text message if needed.

Submitted by ayaabdo on Tue, 26/10/2021 - 01:16

I send messages usually on social media platforms but when I want something emergency I call them.

Submitted by karlitara on Sun, 17/10/2021 - 03:04

I don't leave notes, because i believe that the person never will see the note and is more soft a messages text

Submitted by Suraj paliwal on Fri, 15/10/2021 - 20:07

Normally I leave text messages in Hindi because I'm weak in English. I'm here to improve my English. Please anyone tell me if I'm worng?

Submitted by KATIELLE RAIAN… on Mon, 12/07/2021 - 10:18

Normally, I leave text and audio messages.

Submitted by fariba on Wed, 23/06/2021 - 09:22

yes, i left please you lock the door.

Submitted by Suraj paliwal on Thu, 06/05/2021 - 12:24

I usually send message. If he doesn't reply two or three days I make a phone call and talk about matter. I don't leave message.

Submitted by DarwinM on Fri, 16/04/2021 - 01:12

I usually send messages because it's a quick and easy way to comunicate.

Submitted by Aye Chan Moe on Tue, 13/04/2021 - 12:30

I leave notes as I thought Texting messages can take some people a long time to find out so I leave notes where They usually go so If they come here, They'll find it.

Submitted by mirtha on Thu, 01/04/2021 - 16:50

I usually make a call, if they do not answer, I send a text message.

Submitted by Andrea Valencia on Mon, 29/03/2021 - 21:48

I usually send text messages

Submitted by MikhailZatopliaev on Mon, 22/03/2021 - 23:08

Often I leave a text message or I call.

Submitted by Veronikka on Tue, 16/03/2021 - 00:14

I usually leave messages for my boss. When he's busy, I leave messages on chat platforms. If he doesn't respond in 1 or 2 days, I call him.

Submitted by TIa vinaka on Tue, 09/03/2021 - 01:44

I normally leave note if I know the information that the person who got message will come back soon , but if not, I would sent text message for them.

Submitted by MilGer on Thu, 11/02/2021 - 15:39

I do not send messages for people I call them

Submitted by In on Wed, 03/02/2021 - 22:45

I usually send a text by phone.

Submitted by Leila77 on Thu, 28/01/2021 - 08:00

To leave messages for people, I usually send text messages. I never leave notes.

Submitted by German on Fri, 15/01/2021 - 00:48

I normally leave notes on post-it notes for my colleagues. I sometimes send messages per whatsapp or an eail.

Submitted by Leonidas diaz meyer on Wed, 23/12/2020 - 13:49

I sometimes send text massages to my grandmother. I never leave notes.

Submitted by Tatiana barrera on Tue, 15/12/2020 - 03:09

I always leave messages to peoples but they usually are my friends or my family, now the social networks have done that the communications be easier than until some decades. I hardly ever leave notes

Submitted by Ehsan on Sun, 15/11/2020 - 08:28

I normally leave message in social messenger like WhatsApp. I leave messages in the form of text or voice.

Submitted by Khin Khin Htet on Sun, 08/11/2020 - 15:03

I normally leave messages for my partners using text messages. I usually use the notes for me. I had used the notes when I have meetings remind, important notices and remaining work remark.

Submitted by alexiaimogen on Thu, 22/10/2020 - 06:38

These days I usually just leave a text message for other people. Mostly I used the notes just for myself for writing important things.

Submitted by Moon Wathan on Sat, 10/10/2020 - 06:55

Sometimes, I leave the message call me back or I cook for you etc... But I didn't leave the notes un till now.

Submitted by habibao.medo on Sat, 03/10/2020 - 15:07

sometimes i send them massages .other times i leave notes

Submitted by Asni on Thu, 17/09/2020 - 22:06

I used to leave notes, but when applications such as whatsapp, messenger, etc. have caught on, there was no need to use paper notes to leave messages anymore. I use notes for myself though to remember to do or buy things. I put them on some place so that they are easily visible, otherwise I forget I wrote them; I must admit that memorising is not one of my strenghts.

Submitted by Pola on Thu, 17/09/2020 - 19:42

I think before smartphone that time, I was used to leave notes in my house and school.

Submitted by shelly on Mon, 14/09/2020 - 09:12

Most of the time I choose to send an instant message to my co-worker instead of leaving a note. But if the message is important and detailed, I may choose leaving a note simultaneously send a message to notify my coworker.

Submitted by Roblox on Sun, 06/09/2020 - 14:08

It depends. If I have their phone numbers I will send them text messages but if they don't I will leave some notes with their secretary or person who is in charge.

Submitted by sonjoy on Sun, 06/09/2020 - 14:03

Basically, i send message to colleagues and employees using social media namely whatsup, viber and messenger.But, in case of urgency i prefer to send it mobile or make a call.Actually, i don't like to stick a note in the tables or others place because i don't think it is fruitful rather instant call and sms.

Submitted by hannahbeigi on Thu, 13/08/2020 - 12:58

I normally send text message for my colleagues and friends or call them.

Submitted by Maria19 on Tue, 04/08/2020 - 11:57

I usually leave messages in the text through the cell phones.

Submitted by fatfat on Fri, 17/07/2020 - 21:58

I normally leave message people by phone.

Submitted by Youssef Er-rafay on Wed, 08/07/2020 - 18:37

I once leave a note to my mom , and the note get lost , and it was really important , since then I stopped leaving notes on the table or on the fridge , because it may fly and get lost , the best way to leave notes or ask about anything is by using social media , that’s what i daily use to leave notes.

Submitted by Ronake on Tue, 30/06/2020 - 21:53

Usually, I send messages to my co-workers and friends when I want to let them know about something, or ask any information that I need. I think the most appropriate manner is to send messages in the phone or other apps like Viber or What's app. Sometimes notes can be lost, or fly in the office and the person won't be able to get your messages

Submitted by Hennadii on Wed, 24/06/2020 - 13:50

I rarely leave notes. They may get lost on the table, especially on the cluttered one. I think text messages are more trusted. Of course, if it's urgent I will try to get someone on the phone and don't forget about e-mails. They have a useful option - reminding ))

Submitted by SimbuKrishnan on Fri, 12/06/2020 - 05:10

Firstly, I would prefer to send a text or email and then give a call to remember the person to see the messages

Submitted by Thucuoi on Sat, 06/06/2020 - 10:17

when i can't call someone or in the non-urgent cases, i usually sent text massage on zalo or facebook. I almost don't leave someone a note because i am afraid that they will be lost.

Submitted by Onur on Thu, 04/06/2020 - 13:45

I would rather leave notes than send text messages. Particularly for work.

Submitted by Shaista on Tue, 02/06/2020 - 12:41

I don't think that I've written note ....basically I prefer to text or call......according to me it's better way to inform....as in this time as we wake up first we take a glance on our phones so it's better to text

Submitted by casssioesousa on Mon, 25/05/2020 - 19:08

I prefer to send email message then call.

Submitted by Nyanko Neko on Thu, 21/05/2020 - 15:50

i usually leave messages by email. And then in my freetime i will check all and reply

Submitted by mouna99 on Sat, 16/05/2020 - 17:03