A poster for exam candidates

Read the poster outside an exam room to practise and improve your reading skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and do the exercises.

Reading text

Poster 1

FINAL EXAM INSTRUCTIONS

• Doors close 5 minutes before the exam begins.
  • Show your student ID card to examiner when you enter the room.
  • No phones, no books.

Poster 2

BEFORE THE EXAM

• Have your ID card ready.
  • Listen to the instructions.
  • Arrive 10 minutes before exam.

IN THE EXAM

• Mobile phones switched off and put away.
  • ID card visible on the desk.
  • No talking.
  • No food or drinks in exam room.

Poster 3

• Follow the examiner's instructions.
  • If you have a question, raise your hand.
  • No mobile phones, books or bags in the exam.
  • Please use a blue or black pen.
Do you need to improve your English reading skills?

Profile picture for user mtalebi

Submitted by mtalebi on Sat, 13/04/2019 - 06:18

Yes, I had a lot of exams when I was a student during 24 years. I do not like exams because It's not fair that your ability to be identified within a few hours.

Submitted by JK Baloch on Fri, 29/03/2019 - 16:09

yes, i have recently done two exam.

Submitted by natylesca on Wed, 27/03/2019 - 23:11

No, I don't have a lot of exams because I finished my University long time ago. Now I am only waiting for the IELTS Exam!

Submitted by Blagodarenko Maxim on Tue, 26/03/2019 - 14:21

Of course, the exam is a disturbing event. But I think that exam is necessary element in our education. The exam allows us to mobilize our knowledge

Submitted by Laura1184 on Tue, 26/03/2019 - 07:05

I don't have a lot exams, and i don't like them. For me it's a big stress, but it's very necessary in life for all people to upgrade yourself.
Profile picture for user walidel7

Submitted by walidel7 on Wed, 20/03/2019 - 00:01

The exam in life itis challange to exam your skills and what you know in this life. Now i am post-gradute student , in fact i feeling anexity before any exam and always be worry about what i can doing in exam , actullay i am feeling very proud if i obtain high scoor in exam because itis like gift . My father (died in 2018) was always encourged me to continue my education and get Phd degree . My father realy i forget you , and i am always remmeber your words , eyes , touch your hands and all thing from you . I am praying to be in heaven Ameen .
Profile picture for user Stanley Alvarez

Submitted by Stanley Alvarez on Thu, 14/03/2019 - 15:26

Already I don't have exams, because I finished my postgrade yet. In general, I don't like exams, but when exam it's different to write in paper or when I know exam subject very well, I like to be present in exams.

Submitted by Juan Diego Gal… on Tue, 12/03/2019 - 22:50

I'm an English student so I try to do an exam every week to see what my level is. Only in that case, I like it.
Profile picture for user teddysl

Submitted by teddysl on Sun, 10/03/2019 - 03:29

my favorite subject exams are not bad but other exams i hate .
Profile picture for user randyjay

Submitted by randyjay on Sun, 10/03/2019 - 03:26

i like exams but sometimes i cant write good answers
Profile picture for user Santiago Perez

Submitted by Santiago Perez on Thu, 07/03/2019 - 19:49

I left university 30 years ago, however, there are nights when I dream that I still have to take exams in college, especially math
Profile picture for user TP

Submitted by TP on Thu, 07/03/2019 - 13:57

I have had some exams. Exams are not very bad. But I feel a bit nervous before an exam. When the exam begins I try to complete it as I can. The best time comes just after the exam. I feel so relaxed.

Submitted by Erik7 on Wed, 06/03/2019 - 12:16

I had a lot of exam in my education history. I dont like exams.

Submitted by Estudent on Thu, 28/02/2019 - 20:17

Yes, I had a lot of exams and I like study.

Submitted by Estudent on Thu, 28/02/2019 - 14:54

I cannot see the preparation in this lesson.

Hello Estudent

I'm sorry to hear that you can't see the Preparation task. I've checked it and I can see and use it with no problem on my computer. Could you please try using a different web browser or different device to see if you can see the task there?

If you are still not able to see it the task, are you able to see the task with pictures (above Task 1) on this page? If not, that means that the problem has to do with your device or browser, I'm afraid.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

All the best

Submitted by Flower1985 on Thu, 21/02/2019 - 02:43

With the task 1, the question books seem is a error beacuse when I answer poster 1 &3, the computer is not accept.

Hello Flower1985,

The correct answer is Poster 2, so the computer should show 1 and 3 as incorrect.

Tick the posters that say something about ...

talking