Business cards

Listen to four people talk about their jobs to practise and improve your listening skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then listen to the audio and do the exercises.

A

A: Hello, Doctor Miller. It's nice to meet you.

B: Please call me Peter.

A: OK. Are you a medical doctor? It must be helpful when you sell medical equipment.

B: Actually, no. My doctorate was in electronic engineering, but it's still helpful for me when I sell our equipment.

B

Good morning, everyone. I'm happy to be here today to tell you about our new project. My name is Alessandro Rossi. I'm the project leader on the Starlight programming project.

C

Pleased to meet you. Here's my card. My real name is Megumi Tanaka, but people who are not from my country think it's difficult to say my name, so I use another name, Meg, when I'm working internationally.

D

Hello, everyone. My name's Andres Mulligan. I'm very happy to be joining this team for the next few months and learning more about research and development.

Reading text

DX Medical Equipment Ltd
Dr Peter Miller
Sales Director

*Space10 Designs*
Alessandro Rossi
Lead Programmer

Global Engineering Consults
Megumi Tanaka
Product Manager

MaXtin Ltd
Andres Mulligan Jr
Intern, R&D team

Submitted by Kamelbenslimane on Sun, 21/11/2021 - 20:24

In my company, we have some information in our business card. We have full name, number phone, address and email.

Submitted by Ehsan on Tue, 09/11/2021 - 15:35

There are different and various information on the cards. for example some of them are his/her name, address, company name, phone number and etc.

Submitted by 06412SAN on Thu, 04/11/2021 - 21:28

Business cards in my country the information contained is , social network's company, email, role

Submitted by LamVanPhuong on Tue, 02/11/2021 - 09:45

actually i don't know clearly but i think on the business card of a person has your name, job, number phone, gmail address,...or something like that.

Submitted by metacaro90 on Sat, 30/10/2021 - 03:47

In my country people doesn't use business cards. It's normal to use HV during an interview, offer services on social networks or advertising selling services.

Submitted by KyawMinThu on Sat, 23/10/2021 - 10:57

In Burma , almost about 90% of business cards are including their names,
work phone numbers, their Email, address and Facebook QR Code.

Submitted by vuhoap on Fri, 15/10/2021 - 13:33

In my country, people generally have some basic information such as name, organization, position, address, phone number, fax number and email address on their business cards.

Submitted by Pipka on Thu, 07/10/2021 - 10:37

People s business cards in my country usually include first name, surname, middle name, position, logotype and company name, full address, phone number. As for me, I also have usually business card, but I would be prefer minimalism: only name and phone number)))

Submitted by Suraj paliwal on Mon, 04/10/2021 - 10:25

In my country, people generally include name, position, contact, location, and other things.
People are very different in my country. Different people include different things in their business card.

Submitted by mustafasariel on Sat, 02/10/2021 - 16:10

In my country, the business card have that infarmation: Name, Lastname, business phone, business email. generally card's of behind' is emty.

Submitted by Minnu on Wed, 15/09/2021 - 10:12

In my country we can see different kinds of business card according to the profession they are working.Name of the person or company and contact field are mandatory in all businesses cards.For an advanced business card they usually include social media account and email id.

Submitted by Bmorales on Wed, 18/08/2021 - 03:26

In my country it is not currently used to give a business card, now there are networks

Submitted by saeedebrahimip on Sun, 13/06/2021 - 11:57

They have address, tel, and their specialty on their business card.

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Sun, 23/05/2021 - 13:48

I'd rather get a business card through smartphone.... :)

Submitted by Marce-English on Sun, 23/05/2021 - 12:48

In my country we use a lot of business cards, always with some company logo and of course the details of which this card represents.

Submitted by Munirah Saad 20 on Sun, 02/05/2021 - 23:06

I do not know because I never see business cards but I think it should be there name phone number and email address

Submitted by PuenteD on Fri, 23/04/2021 - 00:52

The business cards would have the name, the profession and the Whats-app and maybe the web page or Instagram. But, now its difficult introduce with other people using business card.

Submitted by Le Heros on Fri, 09/04/2021 - 16:28

In Guinea, the business cards contains these informations like the logo, address and name of company, the name, title, email and phone numbers of worker.

Submitted by Suraj paliwal on Tue, 06/04/2021 - 03:36

Hello everyone, in my country business cards contain company's name, what business it carried out, address, mobile number, and other things. Individual business cards contain person's name what position in the company, which area he work, mobile number.

Submitted by Andrea Valencia on Sat, 03/04/2021 - 21:03

In my country people have on their business cards: the name of the company, the name of the person, the position in the company, the person's cell phone number and brief information about the company.

Submitted by olcortes on Fri, 02/04/2021 - 01:59

In Colombia the business cards usually have the following information: Names, position of role in the company, company's name, address, phone number, email address ang the loco of the company.

Submitted by Trang.22111994 on Wed, 31/03/2021 - 10:13

In my country, people often show some information such as: name, phone number, email and career on their business card

Submitted by Nader Ahmed on Sun, 28/03/2021 - 19:55

In my country usually, we write the name and position work and contact details like phone numbers and email address.

Submitted by erum on Sat, 27/03/2021 - 06:23

Hello Everybody. I am not a business woman. I never see a business card. That’s why I can not tell that what kind of information is written on the business cards in my country. But in my opinion business cards shows the information about the business man or business lady means their bio data and their employment status etc. Thank you.

Submitted by tvkien on Fri, 26/03/2021 - 02:27

The business card in Viet Nam country includes business information like a full name, phone number, email address, and so on

Submitted by DarwinM on Wed, 17/03/2021 - 02:45

It depends on whether it is for a company or for a professional. It should contain the name of the company or professional and then a brief description of the activities carried out. And finally, emails, number phones and a address. (Please correct me if I made a mistake)

Hello DarwinM,

Thanks for your comment. I'm afraid we aren't able to correct our users' texts. If you have a specific question about one particular word or phrase, please let us know, though.

Submitted by MikhailZatopliaev on Tue, 16/03/2021 - 22:59

In my country people have some information on their card, like company, name, and second name, contacts etc.

Submitted by haovivu128 on Fri, 12/03/2021 - 14:27

Excuse me, I didn't hear that "My real name" - Character C said, But I head that "My the other name" instead. Please check it for me?

Hello haovivu128,

I've listened to the audio and the transcript is accurate. Try listening again and maybe you'll hear it.

Yeah i heard that too, she said My real name is ... But its not easy to understand , 'cause sound like 'Rear' instead real, thought:)) and i'd like to make friends with native speaker for Learning E as well:)) fb ****************** see u there:))

Hi Eriksen,

Unfortunately, sharing personal contact details is not allowed in our House Rules. But you can practise conversation by writing comments and replies here on this site :)

Best wishes,

Jonathan

Submitted by Tania Arely Lo… on Thu, 11/03/2021 - 21:10

The business Cards is a powerful instrument among negotiation tactics. They are formal messages that are sent from company to company, business to customer, or customer to business. There are several elements to consider in a good business Cards. The language in a business Cards should be elegant and technical, Caring for and promoting the image of the company, as well as capturing a greater market is not only the exclusive responsibility of a marketing manager. The ability to negotiate, the power of persuasion and communication with clients is the responsibility of all the key members of the company, from the board of directors, to the sales force, production, marketing and customer service. Everyone at some point will be in need of writing a business Cards.

Submitted by Tessa on Wed, 10/03/2021 - 16:47

A business card is one of the most important and cost-effective marketing tools a business has. It has a dual purpose. It is a tool to remind people about your business and it is the source of contact information that will allow customers and prospects to reach you. Your business card should include your business name, your name, title, phone number, website, email address.

Submitted by TIa vinaka on Tue, 09/03/2021 - 01:34

People in my country have on their business cards information such as company name, the person name, job title, address, phone number, e-mail, URL of their website, and some people have their photo on their business card

Submitted by Giuliana on Mon, 08/03/2021 - 18:40

I think in a business cards in my country a people talk about your experience in a discipline who studied and if they know a idiom.

Submitted by mirtha on Fri, 05/03/2021 - 18:28

A business card in my country contains: Organization/Company name with logo Name of the person Position Contact: mobile, phone number, email, Fax, address.

Submitted by RicardoRodrigu… on Sun, 28/02/2021 - 05:20

In my country, the business cards have had more information personal shall e-mail, facebook and linkedin, in ocasion it can have aditional infirmation with fax etc.

Submitted by Aless on Sun, 21/02/2021 - 03:52

Here, a business card contains the name of the person or company, email, address, phone number, and a logo.

Submitted by MilGer on Sat, 20/02/2021 - 11:04

Which information do people have on their business cards in your country? In my country bussines card have the person name, phone number,addres

Submitted by Sim on Mon, 15/02/2021 - 18:48

In my country a business card contains: the logo of the company, company name, the name of the person, his job title, his contact details such us email, phone number, address and the web site. I think these are necessary information but you can write other information like a slogan or a skype name

Submitted by Brona on Thu, 11/02/2021 - 21:44

The details that you usually find on a business card in my country are: company name , person's name and their designation, contact no, email id. Now a days you also find details of company's website and skype name.

Submitted by Nasywa Shiyami… on Thu, 11/02/2021 - 02:36

Basically, the information on the business card in my country has information about name of person, name of company, number phone, email, and address. *Please correct my english, because your correction helps me a lot to proofread and improve my english. Thank You !!!*

Submitted by cmarmare on Wed, 27/01/2021 - 08:51

In my country, business cards have the person name, organization, position, phone number, and email. And maybe a slogan.

Submitted by Brenda Patrici… on Mon, 25/01/2021 - 16:00

People have on their business cards information such as name, last name, address, cellphone number, email address, profession and position.

Submitted by Leila77 on Thu, 21/01/2021 - 10:41

In my country, a business card contains: the name of the person, his phone number, his email, his position, and the name of his company and its adress.

Submitted by Truongus123 on Tue, 19/01/2021 - 04:16

In my country, business cards always contain: name of your organization, address, phone numbers, and email.

Submitted by IrinAristova on Fri, 15/01/2021 - 16:57

In my country business card contains name, phone number, company name and position. But people rarely use business cards.

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Fri, 15/01/2021 - 13:32

Recently, I introduce myself online w/o business cards. ;)