Notes at work

Read some short messages to practise and improve your reading skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and do the exercises.

Reading text

Mario called. He wants you to call back before 7 p.m.

Sales meeting this afternoon at 12 noon. Meeting Room 2.

Pens ready for collection between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.

Jackie is leaving the office at 4 p.m. today. Please remember to lock the doors. The keys are in your drawer.

Do you need to improve your English reading skills?

Submitted by Nyanko Neko on Thu, 21/05/2020 - 15:50

i usually leave messages by email. And then in my freetime i will check all and reply

Submitted by mouna99 on Sat, 16/05/2020 - 17:03

I usually send text messages

Submitted by Muhammad Bagir on Sat, 16/05/2020 - 04:44

i write a message.

Submitted by c.lopes23 on Fri, 15/05/2020 - 01:35

I usually send text messages

Submitted by BOU Hamid on Tue, 12/05/2020 - 00:58

Normally. I like to send text messages for people.

Submitted by jason2295 on Fri, 24/04/2020 - 23:55

I prefer to send a message using my cell phone or leave a text in whatsapp.

Submitted by Djoo on Thu, 23/04/2020 - 07:15

I usually leave messages for people And I aften send them text messages

Submitted by FRANCY JACQUEL… on Tue, 14/04/2020 - 11:55

I usually leave messages by imail or by whathssap, I don't like to leave written notes.

Submitted by Melsaied264 on Sat, 11/04/2020 - 03:18

I normally text messages to my colleagues ,but lately I am leaving notes to them at the office board to keep it formal as some of them deny receiving the messages I send.but if I need them urgent I have to call them
Profile picture for user zabiullah

Submitted by zabiullah on Sun, 05/04/2020 - 16:25

i normally leave massege my colleagues and friends but sometimes i call them if i need them urgendly....actaully when i participate meeting with my boss or clients in this situation take some notes bxz very important...
Profile picture for user Berny Herrera

Submitted by Berny Herrera on Wed, 25/03/2020 - 17:51

I used to send texts notes when I was a teen, to a girl I used to like a lot. Now, she´s married (not with me) and I don´t use to send text notes but whattsap text messages, email messages and phone messages.
Profile picture for user Sergei Baskakov

Submitted by Sergei Baskakov on Tue, 24/03/2020 - 13:25

I always send e-mails or write text messages on social networks to my colleagues

Submitted by pacha809 on Fri, 06/03/2020 - 09:34

When I was manager of a elementary school in the years 1990 to 2005, text messages didn't exist yet. So the majority of communications for the parents or for tne teachers were made oraly or by writing notes.

Submitted by Alaa Basha on Thu, 13/02/2020 - 09:26

I actually I send text using my cell phone. I feel it's more practical than others.
Profile picture for user Hajer sea

Submitted by Hajer sea on Tue, 04/02/2020 - 15:43

sometimes I leave a text message or notes massage.
Profile picture for user Optimist

Submitted by Optimist on Mon, 13/01/2020 - 21:53

I'm send text messages for people

Submitted by shahhoseini on Mon, 30/12/2019 - 13:47

When I leave my house, I usually write a note to my wife and tell her where did I go.
Profile picture for user Magedelabd

Submitted by Magedelabd on Wed, 25/12/2019 - 13:34

Actually if I am in work I send emails and send voice messages through the what is up if I am busy . and if the issue is not related to work , i use the what is up , Facebook and so on .
Profile picture for user hoailinh

Submitted by hoailinh on Fri, 08/11/2019 - 02:42

I have just been graduated from University. So, before I used to send a text message for people instead of leave notes. But now, I work in the office and I start leave notes for people in my office. I think we should send a text message for people who we are not sure them return to the office that day. If I were sure that them return to the office that day, I would leave a note for them. Anyway, leaving a note or sending a text message, the ultimate goal is the recipient knows the information when they're not there. So, you can choose either.

Submitted by Hoan Yen on Sat, 19/10/2019 - 06:07

Hi. I'm Yen. I often leave my message by notes or e-mail. When I was in school, I always leave the message for me to remember what things I must do in the day. Besides, I also send a text message to my colleagues to remind them to work and attend the meeting.

Submitted by Abdelmouttalib on Sat, 12/10/2019 - 10:32

I often send messages, it's rarely when i leave notes.

Submitted by Julia Rahma on Thu, 18/07/2019 - 02:44

Sometimes i send a massage or call if there is urgent business

Submitted by Jamileh on Sat, 13/07/2019 - 09:10

I some times leave The massage and send text massage or voice call

Submitted by cittàutopica on Fri, 05/07/2019 - 11:54

Usually I leave messages for my colleagues by phone or by email.

Submitted by Abdo sleem on Tue, 02/07/2019 - 16:14

Normally I leave messages for me to remember me a plan next day but when I need to inform someone of something I sent voice message or text message in WhatsApp , I can know if he saw it or no .

Submitted by chris-kutte on Tue, 02/07/2019 - 06:03

For my colleagues at work I leave notes on the desk. For family and friends I prefer to send text messages because it is the easiest way to communicate.
Profile picture for user TP

Submitted by TP on Sun, 30/06/2019 - 04:06

I sometimes leave messages for people. It happens mostly if I'm on leave. I leave a note if many people to see it. For my family and friends, I usually send text messages.

Submitted by Kavi on Sun, 30/06/2019 - 04:05

I usually leave a message.It's very easy and safety.

Submitted by Praveen kumar on Sat, 15/06/2019 - 10:42

I leave a message it is a better way to convey the information

Submitted by Setareh on Tue, 30/04/2019 - 03:50

I usually send text massage for my manager because maybe he will be in meeting. but for my colleagues in the office I leave note for them on his deck;
Profile picture for user mtalebi

Submitted by mtalebi on Thu, 18/04/2019 - 08:46

I usually send text messages or emails.
Profile picture for user MAO

Submitted by MAO on Tue, 09/04/2019 - 13:53

Owing to the prospect of electronic products, I always leave messages by texting or sending emails. Nowadays, everyone gets their phones, accompanying by internet, with them all the time rather than brings notes with them. It is very convenient and environment-friendly to do this.

Submitted by SaraA on Mon, 08/04/2019 - 22:35

Usually, I write a note to my colleagues. I use WhatsApp also for a quick message.
Profile picture for user Esther Chinwe

Submitted by Esther Chinwe on Thu, 28/03/2019 - 11:05

I do leave messages either by text or by sending an email
Profile picture for user Stanley Alvarez

Submitted by Stanley Alvarez on Mon, 18/03/2019 - 15:42

I can leave a message two forms: with a text message or with notes, all depends to who I'm going to leave message and situations. For example, when I want to notify my niece about she must prepare salad for lunch, because I'm going to go out the house, I usually leave her a note in kitchen. But, when I want to advert my sister about a job call, I usually send her a text message.

Submitted by Estudent on Fri, 01/03/2019 - 10:36

I leave messages by email or phone.