A morning briefing

Listen to a morning briefing to practise and improve your listening skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then listen to the audio and do the exercises.

Hi, everyone. I know you're all busy so I'll keep this briefing quick. I have some important information about a change in the management team. As you already know, our head of department, James Watson, is leaving his position at the end of this week. His replacement is starting at the end of the next month. In the meantime, we'll continue with our projects as usual.

I have two more quick points. Firstly, there will be some improvements made to the staff car park next month for a few weeks. It will be closed during that time.

Don't worry, we've found a solution. We can use the local church car park until our own one is ready. If you arrive before 8.30 a.m., please use our small car park on Brown Street, and if you arrive after that, you should go directly to the church car park. It's only a five-minute walk away. But they need it in the evenings, so you have to leave before 6 p.m. Sorry about that – I know how much you all love working late!

The other thing I wanted to tell you about is that the canteen has now introduced a cashless payment system. So, you can't use cash for payments any more. You can pay directly with your smartphone or you can pay using your company ID card. The total amount put on your company ID card comes off your salary at the end of each month.

OK. That's it? Are there any questions?

Do you need to improve your English listening skills?

A2 English level (pre-intermediate)

Submitted by ikmalzulkifli on Thu, 03/10/2019 - 05:58

It is good since i can improve my language skills with this

Submitted by azmizal amin on Sat, 21/09/2019 - 07:49

easy to understand

Submitted by abigail power on Thu, 19/09/2019 - 09:16

i have completed the following lessons of changing plans, a morning briefing and an invitation to a party. the level that i choose was pre intermediate A2

Submitted by abigail power on Thu, 19/09/2019 - 08:54

i have completed the following lessons of a morning briefing . the level that i choose was Pre-intermediate A2 Listening

Submitted by dunstanmaringai on Thu, 19/09/2019 - 08:12

Nice this is pretty good

Submitted by amirahsyasya on Tue, 17/09/2019 - 08:18

I have completed the following lessons of a student disscussion , a weather forecast and making a desicion . The level that I choose was Pre-intermediate A2 Listening

Submitted by Tomas Fontaines Ruiz on Sat, 07/09/2019 - 19:21

I'm happy with my score in this activity because its my first experience with listen skill

Submitted by Raqueline Monteiro on Tue, 03/09/2019 - 14:08

I am starting my studies in this site. I hope to improve my english! Thanks for all.

Submitted by Fudhol on Thu, 29/08/2019 - 08:44

to be honest, i am an introverted person. I dont like to ask someone to do what i want, or to tell how something should be done. Nevertheless, If it is needed, i will give what it takes as long as it is still my capability to keep people stay in the right path.

Submitted by Yersaiyn on Wed, 28/08/2019 - 11:25

My boss give me instractions at work.
Profile picture for user Magedelabd

Submitted by Magedelabd on Sat, 24/08/2019 - 16:38

I have to give instructions and information to my teamwork . It is about which work they have to carry and how they have to do it
Profile picture for user randyjay

Submitted by randyjay on Sun, 11/08/2019 - 03:54

I give some informations to my friends because our annual trip was cancelled in this week
Profile picture for user TP

Submitted by TP on Sun, 11/08/2019 - 03:52

Apparently, I might find many situations to give information and institutions. It could be to anyone I meet and work with everyday. I find the sentence patterns used here are very useful to convey my ideas in a softer manner.

Submitted by Caroline del C… on Thu, 08/08/2019 - 15:03

It´s helped me very much, and I want improve speaking, I'd like to do contact to talking. Paolo Rodrigo| Are you inteseted to talk English and impove bit a bit. Thanks in advance.

Submitted by Nazarova Feruza on Mon, 05/08/2019 - 03:34

Hello. Thank you for the lesson. It was very interesting. Our department manager gives us all the necessary information and instructions.
Profile picture for user Caterina Siligardi

Submitted by Caterina Siligardi on Thu, 01/08/2019 - 14:52

Hello °Thanks for your punctual briefing °.

Submitted by Oneiric Sandy on Wed, 31/07/2019 - 09:44

It's really gorgeous course. As well the comments are interesting.

Submitted by Abdelkarim benimoun on Tue, 30/07/2019 - 11:22

Thanks a lot. These lessons are so helpful.

Submitted by Paulo Rodrigo … on Mon, 22/07/2019 - 01:10

Thanks for this lesson, if someone want improve speaking, I'd like to do contact to talking

Submitted by joker on Mon, 15/07/2019 - 21:05

that's good, it helped me very much. thank you.

Submitted by Praveen kumar on Mon, 15/07/2019 - 15:07

I give information what they ask and I am a college class leader I also give instructions where to go and how to do this.
Profile picture for user Mostafa Taavoni

Submitted by Mostafa Taavoni on Fri, 12/07/2019 - 06:17

I've been working as an expert on electrical instruments in a big copper mine for ten years. Sadly I just have a technician in my group. He became a member of my group five years ago. In the first six months, I taught him everything about technical instructions and information. In this job, everybody has to spend a lot of time and energy to become a sophisticated person.
Profile picture for user TramVo

Submitted by TramVo on Sun, 07/07/2019 - 05:02

When I received information about my supervisor I give to my colleagues about had any changed, meeting or new system need to apply. I give instructions to my new staff about the standard procedure at work or my younger brother to learning any subject if I knew it clearly.

Submitted by Diana0419 on Fri, 05/07/2019 - 01:58

When we have the issue project meeting to introduce, I will give some necessary pieces of information or instructions to my partner, such as the person who is in charge of the responsibility. Furthermore, I will also give some directions for them to simplify the progress.
Profile picture for user Joseargentea

Submitted by Joseargentea on Thu, 04/07/2019 - 11:41

My first listening with the British Council page. I liked it a lot. I hope it's the first of many. Thank you very much for the material.

Submitted by Kelvin cosmas mushi on Tue, 04/06/2019 - 12:08

This information is great and helpful.

Submitted by Vanesa_01 on Mon, 27/05/2019 - 20:59

Good lesson! Thank you!

Submitted by Setareh on Sun, 26/05/2019 - 11:52

I have to get information and instructions of my manager, he usually keep morning briefing quick; and in some cases he send an email to me.

Submitted by frodriw on Sat, 25/05/2019 - 10:49

At times I give information about a new tool to my team and instructions about how to use it.

Submitted by Wahiba on Fri, 24/05/2019 - 14:33

At home I give information and instructions to my husband and my children. At work I always give information and instructions to my asistante a bout appointements, equipment and calls.
Profile picture for user mtalebi

Submitted by mtalebi on Sat, 18/05/2019 - 06:49

I give information and instructions to students about their courses, homeworks, and exams.

Submitted by Ahmadbassam on Fri, 17/05/2019 - 14:37

Who do you have to give information and instructions to? What about? I give information and instructions for new trainers in my construction project , i tell them instructions of safety and emergency. and how they can deal with labors.

Submitted by Sukumar on Wed, 15/05/2019 - 07:36

Who do you have to give information and instructions to? What about? Normally I give instructions to my team mates. It is about daily target, work progress and reports at various levels.

Submitted by César Árraga on Wed, 15/05/2019 - 02:28

I gave information and instructions to new colleagues that arrived at the company. For example, they needed to learn the working of the lab equipments and I had to explain to them how they turn on, their operations conditions, preparation of samples, the actual development of the tests, etc.

Submitted by thales on Sun, 05/05/2019 - 22:53

Materials provided here are really useful. Many thanks for helping us

Submitted by cittàutopica on Mon, 29/04/2019 - 19:36

In my job I have to give informations and instructions to my colleagues, but it's difficult sometimes in getting indications which are fully understood by them. Maybe I don't clearly express my intentions or they lack any kvowledges of their tasks.

Submitted by krigss91350 on Tue, 23/04/2019 - 06:37

i give nobody the instructions and information. i work for myself

Submitted by Adem-new on Fri, 19/04/2019 - 10:07

Hi everyone welcome, this week our topic is about to improve our marketing. we will talk about outside marketing. First, we have to come early every day because of the parking problem.

Submitted by GLeal on Thu, 11/04/2019 - 01:01

Thank you very much for the opportunity to improve my skill listening English.
Profile picture for user walidel7

Submitted by walidel7 on Mon, 25/03/2019 - 17:03

Hello every one here , well , i try to improve my listening through web site , it was very excited to learn that . I found new words in transcript , the words at the following : 1/ Meantime . 2/I have two more quick points . 3/ Church . Thanks for your support Best wishes