Business cards

Business cards

Listen to four people talk about their jobs to practise and improve your listening skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then listen to the audio and do the exercises.

Preparation

A

A: Hello, Doctor Miller. It's nice to meet you.

B: Please call me Peter.

A: OK. Are you a medical doctor? It must be helpful when you sell medical equipment.

B: Actually, no. My doctorate was in electronic engineering, but it's still helpful for me when I sell our equipment.

B

Good morning, everyone. I'm happy to be here today to tell you about our new project. My name is Alessandro Rossi. I'm the project leader on the Starlight programming project.

C

Pleased to meet you. Here's my card. My real name is Megumi Tanaka, but people who are not from my country think it's difficult to say my name, so I use another name, Meg, when I'm working internationally.

D

Hello, everyone. My name's Andres Mulligan. I'm very happy to be joining this team for the next few months and learning more about research and development.

Reading text

Intern, R&D team

Task 1

Task 2

Average: 4.3 (110 votes)
Profile picture for user TP

Submitted by TP on Sun, 05/05/2019 - 03:44

People have so much of information in my country too. The person's name, post, postal address, email address, telephone number, mobile number, fax and Facebook contacts are to name but a few.

Submitted by Kavi on Sun, 05/05/2019 - 03:41

In my country they put their name,profession,e-mail address,contact no,company's logo.

Submitted by Setareh on Sun, 28/04/2019 - 03:24

in my country we are writing full name and our job , email, phone number on business card;

Submitted by Ehsan1984 on Sun, 21/04/2019 - 19:31

for A1 it is good
Profile picture for user Hana Jasumin

Submitted by Hana Jasumin on Fri, 19/04/2019 - 15:11

Which information do people have on their business cards in your country? in my country, the information have their name, job position, phone number and address of the office

Submitted by César Árraga on Fri, 12/04/2019 - 04:03

In my country, people have on their business cards: company's name, their name own, the position they hold, mobile phone number and email adress.
Profile picture for user PHẠM THỊ LUẬN

Submitted by PHẠM THỊ LUẬN on Wed, 10/04/2019 - 10:03

Hello! My name is Luan. I'm from Vietnam. In my country, there are some information on the business card such as: company's name, logo and address, their name and number.
Profile picture for user mehrazin

Submitted by mehrazin on Tue, 02/04/2019 - 09:28

Dear British Council Team There are some information such as the name of the company, the name of the direct manager (it could be any work position) telephone and telefax and the address of company , postal code is necessary as well and we have email and the link of Instagram if we have its page ,one side in Persian and the other side is in English. we also have logo in one side of the business card best wishes and good luck