Shopping for clothes

Listen to a conversation in a shop to practise and improve your listening skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then listen to the audio and do the exercises.

Shop assistant: Hello, can I help you?

Customer: I'm just looking, thanks.

Customer: Excuse me?

Shop assistant: Yes?

Customer: Where are the changing rooms?

Shop assistant: They're over there. Behind you.

Customer: Thank you.

Customer: Hi. Excuse me again. Do you have this jumper in black?

Shop assistant: Yes, just a moment. What size do you need?

Customer: Extra small, please.

Shop assistant: Here you are.

Customer: How much is this?

Shop assistant: It's £29.

Customer: Can I pay by credit card?

Shop assistant: Yes, you can. Of course.

Shop assistant: Would you like a bag for that?

Customer: Yes, please.

Do you need to improve your English listening skills?

Submitted by Praveen kumar on Sat, 22/06/2019 - 04:55

Shopping is a fun and joy too I usually go with my dad and we buy some clothes and it really good.

Submitted by Jasmin on Tue, 18/06/2019 - 16:08

Hello friends! Today I am happy to tell you my opinion about shopping .Really ,I usually go to shop because it makes me feel relax and it’s fun. That's my favorite thing. Sometimes if I've got free time I like to go because there are so many different kinds of stuff there. I like to walk around the shopping mall looking for what I need and in my opinion, shopping is not only a want, but it is also a must.That is all ! Good bye

Submitted by abdalhameed on Sat, 15/06/2019 - 10:43

Yes, I do, I usually go shopping when I need.
Profile picture for user TP

Submitted by TP on Sun, 09/06/2019 - 03:58

Why not? I really enjoy shopping. I usually go for shopping every two or three months. I sometimes spend hours selecting what's best for me. It's so fun, isn't it?

Submitted by Kavi on Sun, 09/06/2019 - 03:54

I love to shopping.But I didn't waste money to buy many clothes.I like to wear simple dresses.

Submitted by Wahiba on Tue, 21/05/2019 - 08:43

I don’t like shopping but .I do with by necessity I found that all shops and articles exposed attack my quietude and the ambiance in the area stressed me a lot.

Submitted by gallo on Wed, 15/05/2019 - 09:24

Hi friends, i would like to express my opinion about shopping. I think that peolple love shopping because it is a good way to get distrected but not for me. I don´t like shopping because places where there are a lot of people are estreesfull for me. I prefer buying on line. See you soon. Bye.

Submitted by Setareh on Mon, 13/05/2019 - 16:15

Yes, I do. I enjoy shopping. That is very interesting for me. So I will go to the shope when I have enough money.

Submitted by namcop1988 on Sun, 12/05/2019 - 17:42

Yes, i do. I sometimes go shopping with my girlfriend. We often buy some clothes.
Profile picture for user Ana Luisa Sanchez Arroyo

Submitted by Ana Luisa Sanc… on Fri, 10/05/2019 - 18:01

I enjoy too much, But My pocket say's not

Submitted by César Árraga on Sat, 04/05/2019 - 00:38

No, I don't enjoy shopping. I occasionally go shopping for clothes, generally when it's necessary so I prefer to invest that time in other, more productive things.

Submitted by unicorn7777 on Tue, 23/04/2019 - 16:54

Hi, this was a very nice excercise. I enjoyed it very much. Thank you Ivi
Profile picture for user Stanley Alvarez

Submitted by Stanley Alvarez on Fri, 19/04/2019 - 21:57

Yes I do, but only when it comes to buying clothes or shoes for me.

Submitted by cittàutopica on Mon, 15/04/2019 - 19:13

I enjoy shopping, but I'm not a fashion addict; I dislike go around from one shop to another all day.
Profile picture for user David

Submitted by David on Sat, 13/04/2019 - 13:19

Shopping is good, but it takes me a lot of time .
Profile picture for user mtalebi

Submitted by mtalebi on Wed, 10/04/2019 - 17:51

When I have enough money it is enjoyable.
Profile picture for user mehrazin

Submitted by mehrazin on Tue, 09/04/2019 - 20:37

My friend and I go shopping together and we often go shopping for clothes and shoes every two month. we go shopping to cheer ourselves up. feeling after shopping is sometimes so interesting . its extraordinary refreshing that sometimes i couldn't even experience in travelling .