Shopping for clothes

Listen to a conversation in a shop to practise and improve your listening skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then listen to the audio and do the exercises.

Shop assistant: Hello, can I help you?

Customer: I'm just looking, thanks.

Customer: Excuse me?

Shop assistant: Yes?

Customer: Where are the changing rooms?

Shop assistant: They're over there. Behind you.

Customer: Thank you.

Customer: Hi. Excuse me again. Do you have this jumper in black?

Shop assistant: Yes, just a moment. What size do you need?

Customer: Extra small, please.

Shop assistant: Here you are.

Customer: How much is this?

Shop assistant: It's £29.

Customer: Can I pay by credit card?

Shop assistant: Yes, you can. Of course.

Shop assistant: Would you like a bag for that?

Customer: Yes, please.

Submitted by ANOUAR on Mon, 15/11/2021 - 09:52

Yes I enjoy shopping clothes, but I don't go shopping very often because it's a waste of time and money!

Submitted by nikta on Sat, 13/11/2021 - 17:05

I love and enjoy shopping. I usually shopping when I need things. the time for shopping dependent to my need. between 1 to 3 months.

Submitted by LamVanPhuong on Wed, 10/11/2021 - 08:55

i love shopping but i often go shopping when really needed

Submitted by KyawMinThu on Wed, 27/10/2021 - 06:35

Yes, I do. I like shopping for clothes and shoes once a week.

Submitted by vuhoap on Fri, 22/10/2021 - 13:22

I don't really like shopping. However, once I go shopping, I usually lose control to buy anything that I like the first time I see it. Shoes are usually quite durable and last a long time, so I often go shopping for clothes.

Submitted by vloneofficial on Wed, 20/10/2021 - 08:38

Yes, Shopping is a great moment to make happy and relax. I like to buy clothes with my friends online. I love it so much. vloneofficial.shop is great website shopping. Everyone here goes shopping at events.

Submitted by elawhe on Fri, 15/10/2021 - 19:29

I enjoy shopping and using it as a meditation,I research a lot about anything I want to buy first especially electronic thingies :D I don't like fast fashion style clothes so I buy what I truly need with good quality

Submitted by nhuvannam93 on Tue, 12/10/2021 - 15:31

i love shopping but i dont have money, so only buy one clothes of the year

Submitted by Suraj paliwal on Mon, 04/10/2021 - 12:00

Yes, I like shopping. I go to Mall once in three weeks and buy some products. Usually I go to shopping alone.
Still I'm single.

Submitted by Andrea Valencia on Thu, 12/08/2021 - 18:34

Yes, I enjoy shopping, I go shopping once a month.

Submitted by Munirah Saad 20 on Mon, 24/05/2021 - 11:37

yees I like shopping I often shopping specially for home clothes I love them ,for shoes I sometimes shopping for them

Submitted by Brenda Patrici… on Mon, 19/04/2021 - 15:54

I really enjoy shopping, I prefer going with my relatives, though many times I have to go alone, I go shopping for shoes every six months.

Submitted by Suraj paliwal on Sun, 11/04/2021 - 03:21

No, I don't go to shopping very much often. Usually I go to shopping once or twice in three month. Where is my house shopping complex is very near. Since one year I buy clothes online due to Chinese virus.

Submitted by DarwinM on Wed, 07/04/2021 - 21:36

I don't like shopping too much because I could end up buying something which isn't really needed at that moment. I like shopping twice a year when I think is necessary.

Submitted by tvkien on Tue, 06/04/2021 - 03:23

I don't like shopping much, I only go shopping once or twice a year to buy clothes or shoes

Submitted by SaraMessa on Thu, 01/04/2021 - 11:48

I like shopping. I go shopping clothes or shoes when I need to buy something. Anyway I usually go shopping clothes once a month. I usually buy dresses, skirts and trousers.

Submitted by Veronikka on Wed, 31/03/2021 - 00:37

Yes, I do. Before pandemic I went shopping once a month. I used to buy some clothes.

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Sun, 28/03/2021 - 13:07

I sometimes enjoy window shopping to get to know a recent trend. ;)

Submitted by MikhailZatopliaev on Sat, 27/03/2021 - 00:27

I don't like shopping, and I don't go to the shopping very often, it is maybe twice or once per month, or rely.

Submitted by TIa vinaka on Wed, 24/03/2021 - 02:51

Yes I'm fond of shopping especially for fashion items. but I don't go to shopping so often these days because I use money for other things. I go to shop about once or twice in six months.

Submitted by azahrara on Sun, 21/03/2021 - 10:23

Yes, I like shopping at online shop. I usually buy skincare and rarely buy shoes.

Submitted by RicardoRodrigu… on Sat, 20/03/2021 - 20:50

I like go of shopping but the wrong is that I don't have money its really sad.

Submitted by Minh on Thu, 18/03/2021 - 03:47

I am really keen on shopping because I feel relax and enjoy, so I usually go window shop at least twice a week. Buying clothes and shoes are normally about 6 months, however I like shoes and I get it if my shoes are not fit.

Submitted by mirtha on Mon, 15/03/2021 - 19:03

Yes. I like to see all the online stores, compare prices, check offers and when it is the best time, I call my sisters and friends to buy and walk through the store.

Submitted by Giuliana on Fri, 12/03/2021 - 16:16

Yes I do !!! I think, who don't like or enjoy shopping?????!! But honestly i don't go often to shopping because i like buy clothes and shoes in other stores or in a fairs.

Submitted by onyabeing on Wed, 10/03/2021 - 12:35

i like shopping. i don't do it too often. i usually buy dresses and skirts.

Submitted by Majidaa909 on Sun, 07/03/2021 - 20:22

I rarely go to shopping because I usually used online shopping.I go shopping twice a year.

Submitted by Brenda Patrici… on Thu, 04/03/2021 - 18:14

Yeah, I love shopping, I go shopping every six months though, I don't have a lot of clothes, but I enjoy every time I buy new clothes.

Submitted by vespinosa10 on Mon, 22/02/2021 - 15:44

yes, i like shooping. Both but i think so y like buy more shoes and pants.

Submitted by In on Fri, 05/02/2021 - 07:12

yes, I love shopping. But I try to not do it too often. Depends on what I need if is winter I usually need a jacket or sometimes new tennis.

Submitted by ANOUAR on Thu, 04/02/2021 - 13:11

Yes I love shooping! I don't spend so much time in shooping because it waste your money, I do love shooping when I buy something I need

Submitted by senaguner on Mon, 01/02/2021 - 01:40

I like shopping and when I do shopping I enjoy.However I can not go out nowadays because of Coronavirus. So I could not buy anything last months for me.

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Sun, 31/01/2021 - 14:18

I got a warm wool blanket. It's not actually a cloth like a sweater, but it can be a cloth like a poncho. ;)

Submitted by mostafa99 on Sun, 31/01/2021 - 06:20

I enjoy shopping, I enjoy going mall even if I didn't want to buy anything.

Submitted by kautsar on Sat, 30/01/2021 - 13:49

yes, i do. in that case i did'nt buy clothes and shoes frequently. sometimes i buy 1 shoes or clothes and then i did'nt buy more for a long time.

Submitted by May Sabai Phyu on Sun, 24/01/2021 - 04:49

I enjoy shopping. I sometimes go shopping to buy some longyi and blouses.

Submitted by German on Wed, 20/01/2021 - 01:05

I enjoy shopping but when I like a shoes or clothes I buy it fast and the last times I have bought shoes online

Submitted by paola Beltran on Mon, 18/01/2021 - 21:45

I enjoy to go to shopping sometimes I go shopping I buy dress, skirts. Also I like buy shirt. I almost never buy shoes.

Submitted by Suraj paliwal on Wed, 30/12/2020 - 07:12

Hi everyone, I am new here. I like to go shopping but this pandemic affect the world throughly. I study at university. When I feel distress I usually go to malls and cinema. I enjoy full of time in this day and I do that because be free stress.

Submitted by glen on Sun, 20/12/2020 - 21:21

Yes, everyone, I suppose love shopping indeed, I go shopping almost every week before but during this time of crisis I only do online clothes shopping and with a limit. I have to be very careful with my spending these days.

Submitted by Tatiana barrera on Tue, 15/12/2020 - 17:25

I like to buy new clothes,I always buy it around six months or one year

Submitted by pabloxje on Wed, 09/12/2020 - 03:18

It depends, some days I am happy to go shopping, but other days, specially when I'm tired, I hate going to the shop.

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Fri, 04/12/2020 - 15:10

Not really, thanks to Covid-19...

Submitted by myle on Fri, 04/12/2020 - 09:38

Hi! I've checked the answer sheet. Is there anyone who sees in Task 1 the order of sentence 4 và 5 should switch? I think they numbered the wrong position

Hello myle,

You are right -- the two options are not in the correct order on the worksheet. I've made a note for us to fix this.

Thanks for taking the time to point this out to us and I'm sorry for any confusion!

Submitted by Aidana Omirbek on Thu, 03/12/2020 - 17:03

Yes, I like shoping because this is relax moment for me. I goes shoping every 2 months. I like bought comfortable shoes, for example sneakers, boots. Also, I loved many different dresses.

Submitted by m.someah on Tue, 01/12/2020 - 15:32

Most women are keen on shopping and I am not an exception. Indeed, going to malls and markets make me feel relaxed and confident. As we are struggling with covid-19 these days, I just buy my necessities from online shops. However, I usually used to go shopping once or twice a month for clothes or shoes.

Submitted by Sergio1994 on Sun, 29/11/2020 - 16:25

i want to shopping in best buy or any store of usa, canada to practice my english. But in this situation of covid, there are few flights in m country.

Submitted by hasan.kumek on Sat, 28/11/2020 - 16:33

I'd likebto go shopping mall. I can go to shopping tomorrow. This days we have black friday and every there we can see some discount. I order shoes and a sweat.

Submitted by khurmat on Thu, 26/11/2020 - 16:09

Site is the best. Thanks for all.