Messaging to make plans

Learn how to write messages to make plans with friends.

Reading text

Hey, are you free on Saturday? Do you want to do something?

I'm busy on Saturday, but how about Sunday?

Sure! Sunday works for me

What are you thinking?

How about a drive out to the beach? I've got the car this weekend because Mike is away.

Sounds good! What time?

I can pick you up from your place about 9 if you like

I'm going to the gym first thing in the morning

Shall we meet a bit later, say 10?

Perfect! Do you fancy a picnic? I can go shopping while you're at the gym

Great! Even better! See you tomorrow!

Tips

1. Use these phrases to make suggestions.
  • How about + noun/gerund …?
  • Do you fancy + noun/gerund …?
  • Shall we + infinitive without to …?
  • Do you want + infinitive …?
  1. If you say no to something, make another suggestion instead.
  2. You don't need to put full stops (.) at the end of every sentence.

Submitted by Suraj paliwal on Tue, 02/11/2021 - 19:41

I don't make any plan in this weekend. If I like my weekend is everyday. But I don't waste my doing unusual things. I set a goals about to reading a book.

Submitted by LamVanPhuong on Fri, 22/10/2021 - 13:16

i will just stay at home but i am going to watch a great movie with my family.

Submitted by Giuliana on Mon, 30/08/2021 - 18:23

Honestly i dont have plans for this weekend because always i make plans with my friends without any plan i mean always we decided at the final moment what to do but right now i remember that this weekend (specifically on sunday) my friends and i we have a sessions of photos because one of my friends won a draw and a prize of this draw is this session

Submitted by Thinthinmyoe on Sun, 04/07/2021 - 10:00

I'm going to ride bicycle with my pet, Michael as much as I do.Then, we will take photos.

Submitted by Andrea Valencia on Sat, 22/05/2021 - 16:20

My plans for this weekend are to study English and then cook lunch.

Submitted by Ehsan on Wed, 05/05/2021 - 08:01

I don't have a special plan for this weekend. but maybe I will go to the desert with my family.

Submitted by Camila Abreu on Mon, 19/04/2021 - 13:38

I am going to walk in my sister's farm, in the interior of my state.

Submitted by Mai Khin Nway Shein on Fri, 16/04/2021 - 15:53

No I don't have any plans for weekend. In these days, everyday is weekend for me because of my country situation. Sleeping, eating, surfing the internet, studying English from British Council web and watching movies are my daily life cycle.

Submitted by In on Mon, 08/03/2021 - 03:40

I didn`t make plans for this weekend yet.

Submitted by Pola on Wed, 17/02/2021 - 14:32

I haven't any plan to do this weekend so far, but probably shall I meet my friends in the usual cafe.

Submitted by Anhvu on Thu, 10/12/2020 - 14:48

This weekend, i'm going to work my homework with my friends. I have a lot of homeworks to do. I'm very busy this week. Besides, tomorrow, i have a exam, i need passing.

Submitted by khalidait on Tue, 17/11/2020 - 13:29

this weekend . i am planning to build new habits such wake up early and make my bed and at o'clock of each Monday i will going to run for 10 km and that sounds great

Submitted by Ebru on Tue, 10/11/2020 - 08:20

I am fancy going to Spain again!!!! I just can't wait to go. because i miss all my friends !!!!

Submitted by Khant Khant on Thu, 05/11/2020 - 13:28

I'm meeting an old friend who didn't see each other for three year on Sunday. I'm so so excited and can't wait to see her.

Submitted by Moon Wathan on Fri, 23/10/2020 - 18:16

I don't have any plan in this weekend because I can't go anywhere cause of covid-19. After finishing the covid pandemic, I have many plans to travel with my friends.

Submitted by Matt18 on Sun, 04/10/2020 - 13:12

Hi everybody. Do you fancy going to Roseberry Topping for a hike on Sunday or what about going to the beach instead? If you interested in the one shall we meet to make a decision on Zoom at 8pm in this evening?

Submitted by popo1011 on Wed, 30/09/2020 - 11:26

At this weekend, in the morning, my family and I are going to go the Tochal mountain via telecabin in the north of Tehran. then we will saty in seventh station of it. we will have fun there.

Submitted by Ugulhan on Tue, 29/09/2020 - 08:44

I have my next weekend soon. So I would spend my time shopping and studying English stuff. I ask for self How about preparing a delicious meal for a lunch? or How about being in nature? I think both predictions are thought well. Thank you so much for letting me know about my weekend plan.

Submitted by danisep on Sat, 19/09/2020 - 23:10

Well my niece turned 18 years old the last thursday so my sister are going to have a meeting with our family, and that is sunday, but on Saturday I'm going to study and play video games. I need to find a web page to make grammar exercises. I haven’t been able to find one.

Submitted by shelly on Mon, 31/08/2020 - 03:51

Hello. lisa, are you busy tomorrow afternoon? I want to make a family visiting with your daughter. Sorry, I have to work in my office tomorrow. How about satuaday afternoon, I will stay at home all the day. Ok, how about 3 o'clock in the afternoon. No problem, if you are approaching my village, please send me a message and I will pick up you at our communite entrance. Thank you, Lisa, you are so kind, see you soon. You are welcome, see you.

Submitted by Rinaa on Wed, 19/08/2020 - 22:17

For this weekend I have some plans around my house. On Saturday need to clean my garden, to water the flowers and to make tidy the yard because on Sunday we are expecting some guests. We arranged a meeting with my relatives at my house because I haven’t seen them for six months since the corona started to spread. We are going to have a barbeque party with a lot of food and drinks. My father will be in charge of the grill and my mother will prepare her delicious desserts. I think it will be quality time with my family. I'm planning to organize some outdoor activities and other games, so children won't get bored.

Submitted by aml96 on Wed, 19/08/2020 - 17:20

i am planning to go to dream restaurant with my mother it is not far from oue house take 15 minutes by the car it is nice restaurant and ice but it has an expensive menu you can go from time to time not always last weak i eat burger in it it was delicious

Submitted by Phan Bao Dung on Thu, 06/08/2020 - 18:47

This weekend, I'm going to my friend's house that far from my house bout 60 km. I will drive to get there. We haven't seen each other for 6 months since coronavirus appeared. So I am so excited about this meet. We will make a barbecue in the garden, chat, and drink. It will be fun!

Submitted by jhn__26 on Wed, 05/08/2020 - 11:14

I am either at home or going to a part-time job. I have no plans with my friends. If it doesn't affect the coronavirus, I would like to have a plan to play. Summer vacation is near, so I want to go on a trip or play far away. My part-time job is a karaoke clerk, and I work more than five hours a day.Business hours have been shortened due to the coronavirus, but I don't usually work late, so it didn't affect me. And when I'm at home, I usually do assignments. Since it became an online class, I'm really having a hard time with more assignments. There are so many assignments that I haven't been able to study for qualifications. I have a lot of work to do even on weekends, but I sometimes meet friends to avoid stress. The way I spend my weekends and summer vacation are completely different from last year. Unlike elementary and high school students, there are some university students who have become depressed because they cannot give face-to-face classes because of the bad connection. I will be careful not to build up stress.

Submitted by Nanami Tsuchiya on Wed, 05/08/2020 - 08:13

In this weekend, I have many things that I have to do. First, I must submit my homework. Now, my university is the end of the semester, so I have to do many reports and tests. Perhaps, I have seven reports and two tests. I think maybe I can't sleep in this weekend. Second, this week, the rainy season is over, so heavy hot days are coming. I need to ready heavy hot days. For example, change the bedding, ready a fan and buy a sunscreen, itch relief of mosquito and sun protection umbrella. I have to protect my skin in this season. Finally, I'm going to go to restaurant that eat yakiniku. This weekend, is a three-month anniversary with my boyfriend. It is our rule to eat yakiniku on our anniversary. I love so much to eat ykiniku so I'm looking forward to it. I have many plans that I must do in this weekend, you can read that.

Submitted by Hibiki Sato on Tue, 04/08/2020 - 15:20

I have plans to go to work part-time this weekend, because I have classes during the week and do not have enough time to get a part-time job. I have a part-time job at a sneaker store and am hired on the condition that I can work all day, therefore the only time I can work long hours is on weekends, so I have a part-time job scheduled for the weekend. My friends often ask me it is not hard from to work part-time on weekends but I have never found it hard. To be honest, there are times when I want to hang out with my friends because I do not have classes. However, I often hang out with my friends after school and I don't find it hard considering I'm earning money for it. In addition to that, I chose my current part-time job because I love sneakers, which makes me very happy because I get to live around them on the weekends.

Submitted by AMANI148 on Sun, 02/08/2020 - 18:37

I think we are not going to anywhere. Just stay at home to study.

Submitted by Takaya on Wed, 29/07/2020 - 00:55

I haven't even thought about any plans for this weekend. But I think this weekend will be as usual. On Saturdays, I plan to work part-time from morning until 6am. I also plan to work part-time on Sunday afternoons. I have no plans yet for Saturday night and Sunday morning. For now, what I can think of is that I want to shop after a part-time job on Saturday. I just want a slightly smaller waist pouch and black sneakers. Coronaviruses are spreading, so I plan to buy them at the store where I work. Also, I will run for my hobby on Sunday morning. It's hot in the summer so I'm thinking of going early in the morning, so I'm not going to invite anyone. I have a lot of lessons on Friday, so I want to drink alcohol while watching TV at night. At that time, I thought it would be nice to have a drink online with a friend. I would like to confirm the schedule of my friend immediately. For that reason, I would like to go buy some tasty sake around Thursday. I'm going to watch a movie on TV, so I'll prepare popcorn.

Submitted by Hennadii on Tue, 21/07/2020 - 14:25

I definitely have a lot of plans. My kids will back home from their grandparents. I haven't seen them for about three weeks so I miss them very much. I think we can have a little party or a picnic in the park. I love spending time with my babies. But, because of their return, I'll have more works to do: cooking, cleaning, washing them after every walk (they always return dirty). But, anyway, that's worth the effort.

Submitted by Suellen Esteves on Fri, 17/07/2020 - 16:13

I will stay home because of a pandemic

Submitted by Red Sus on Mon, 13/07/2020 - 02:49

I don’t have any plans yet. Guess this weekend I will do things I usually do. Practice writing skill in the morning. Focus on my business in the evening. Having a coffee with my buddies or listen to some crazy rock music to keep my mind staying sane, IDK ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Submitted by Dastenova Firuza on Sun, 12/07/2020 - 19:11

I am going to visit my parents with my children this weekend.

Submitted by Mohamedakram16 on Fri, 10/07/2020 - 11:07

I haven’t planned yet anything for this weekend, but, I think I’ll spend it like what I always do at the weekends: first, On Friday morning, I wake up at about 8:30, then I have my breakfast with my family and I start doing some housework such as cleaning the ground, and cooking, I like this a lot!! In the afternoon, I have a nap or I study English from the web, and sometimes, I go for a run, this was how I usually spend my Fridays. However, On Saturdays, I always go out walking or sightseeing, here’s how I have been spending my weekends for this last years!!

Submitted by Danelly_Colmenares on Thu, 09/07/2020 - 17:33

I would like to go out but in this rare situation that we are right now, I have to focus in other things to do, so in this weekend I want to clean my house I will mop the floor, water the plants, do the laundry and tiny the rooms also my husband and me are going to Shopping and buy some food, drinks and some sweets for our kids and at the night I’m watching Netflix with my family and have a nice moment with them, for Sunday I will relax in the morning, take my breakfast, drink coffee and then at the afternoon I would study because I need to improve my English, then maybe start reading a book or something like that because in this quarantine we have to improvise some activities to do for not to get bored and to entertain mi kids without electronics devices which is the hardest task to do.

Submitted by gachatama26 on Wed, 08/07/2020 - 11:16

I love weekend because I can spend with my family and friends. However, recently I can’t go out and meet my friends because of coronavirus pandemic. I’m at home almost every day. That’s why I have learned how to spend at home while having fun. This weekend, I have 3 plans. Firstly, I’m going to have a barbeque with my family at our yard. We will bake meat, seafood, vegetables and marshmallows while listening to music. It’s the most relaxing and exciting event for me. Secondly, I’m planning to do a lot of my homework on this weekend. They have been increased dramatically since the beginning of online classes. So, it’s kind of hard for me to finish all my homework. But I believe if I can complete all my homework, I can acquire many knowledges and grow. Lastly, I’m going to watch movies. I watch movies almost every weekend with my family by Netflix. I usually watch movies that make me happy and strong on Sunday. Because I can feel “I’ll do my best from tomorrow!” So, I’m planning to watch movies. I’m looking forward to doing them on this weekend. Even if we can’t go out, there are many things what we can do on weekend. So, it’s important for us to try anything and enjoy to spend at home all day.

Submitted by Yamamoto Yucca on Wed, 24/06/2020 - 04:34

In this weekend, I have many things that I have to do, and I want to do. I think I will do my homework in this weekend. I have a lot of homework because of the class can’t do in campus due to the coronavirus. There are many reports that have to write many words, and I have to prepare for my presentation. I want to go to shopping to buy Father’s Day present in this weekend. Last week, I was busy because of homework so I was not able to go to buy a present. I think buy a special tough rice cracker that my father love and I will make lemon no bake cheesecake because my father loves it. I want to do exercise. I’m not getting enough exercise recently due to coronavirus self-restraint so I will be going for a stroll or play exercise video game. The video game name is Ring Fit Adventure. This game is very nice exercise video game playing in home. Furthermore, I want to play mahjong. I am really into mahjong on the internet recently. There are some rank in that mahjong app. I want to raise my rank much higher. In this week end I want to raise my rank at least one.

Submitted by mouna99 on Mon, 25/05/2020 - 16:20

Stay home because of pandemic

Submitted by Lauracastanos on Mon, 20/04/2020 - 16:15

I will be locked in the house by the covid19

Submitted by ademyonet on Sun, 19/04/2020 - 19:33

I am not doing a plan at this weekend. Because I am at home, at guarantine. we can't go out with the coronavirus pandemic reason. If we go out, policemen are writing punishment.

Submitted by Milena Lucero … on Wed, 15/04/2020 - 10:48

I'll go to the beach with my flatmates, we will share food and we will eat chocolates, strawberries and wine. Probably, we will see the sunset.

Submitted by OlaIELTS on Mon, 13/04/2020 - 14:24

My plans for this weekend is to retreat myself.

Submitted by Magedelabd on Tue, 03/03/2020 - 17:16

I sm planing to meet with my daughters

Submitted by Dariusz on Tue, 11/02/2020 - 23:42

I'm going to wake up first thing :) but serious, I don't have any plans yet. Certainly I will learn English by this website, maybe I will go out somewhere with my friends on Friday and go shopping alone on Saturday. On Sunday I'm planning to get some of rest and staying home, maybe I will go out for a walk or cycling excursion.

Submitted by MaryaSun on Sun, 02/02/2020 - 16:07

in this weekend i am not doing nothing of expecial. In this weekend i didn't meet my friends, i think i'll meet them on monday or tuesday. I spent all my weekend at home, studying english and listening some english song and watching tv. today the weather is a little cloudy and windy, so i prefer to stay at home. Maybe, this evening, if the weather isn't windy, i will go for a walk alone, listening my music on my cellular phone.

Submitted by salehisalehi65 on Tue, 24/12/2019 - 16:53

now i come back home after 14 day's hard working in drilling rig and i planning after visiting my family, make a fantastic trip to a persion gulf beach...

Submitted by Maksmatt on Mon, 18/11/2019 - 12:38

I'll meet my family this weekend. We'll celebrate my parents golden wedding.

Submitted by aliyazdan on Sun, 27/10/2019 - 05:10

Hello evrybody I'm going to study at home this weekend due to I have an exam next week.

Submitted by cittàutopica on Wed, 28/08/2019 - 15:45

For this weekend I'll go to my sister, in a little town near my city; I'll see my nieces who have two wonderful babies.

Submitted by saydin on Sun, 26/05/2019 - 23:47

I going to trip with my family this weekend. Unfortunately, way too long:(

Submitted by mtalebi on Mon, 20/05/2019 - 09:19

We take our baby to the park this weekend.