A text message invitation

A text message invitation

Learn how to write a text message invitation to a friend.

Preparation

Reading text
Sandra
online

Hey! Want to meet for a drink after work?

14:16

Cool, what time do you finish?

14:21

Late as always crying

14:22

Me too. Msg me when you leave

14:22

OK. Where do you want to go?

14:23

IDK. I might be hungry tho

14:24

Good point.

14:25

I'll think of somewhere to eat.

14:25

I know what you're like when you're hungry! wink

14:27

LOL, I'm not that bad!

14:31

Don't worry. We can meet at the bus stop and decide then.

14:31

yes See you later

14:32

Tips

1. You don't need to write complete sentences.
  2. You can use abbreviations like LOL (= laugh out loud) or IDK (= I don't know) to save time.
  3. Use emojis smiley to add feelings.
  4. You don't need to use full stops (.) at the end of messages.

Task 1

Task 2

Task 3

Topics

Average: 4.1 (12 votes)

Submitted by Julia Rahma on Thu, 18/07/2019 - 04:06

Yes, i send a lots of text massages to people but if any problem i usually make a plane and talk about that

Submitted by Tử Dương on Wed, 17/07/2019 - 09:27

I prefer to send lots of text messages because I think that is a friendly way!

Submitted by BING70 on Tue, 16/07/2019 - 03:05

If I'm not in hurry to get response from others msg is better I think. If I need to have result right know I'd like to talk to friends face by face or by phone.

Submitted by chriskutte on Fri, 05/07/2019 - 06:12

I always use text messages to make plans or invitations with friends. It is the easiest way to communicate with other people if I don't know whether they are still at work.

Submitted by moaaxali on Wed, 03/07/2019 - 16:15

I remember and miss my friend we used to invite each other for a walk daily. One thing about me I feel incomplete when I use short phrases in a conversation. Here is the most used short phrase from our daily conversation 'where?' for 'where are you?'.

Submitted by Nagat. on Sun, 30/06/2019 - 18:50

I send lots of text messages to friends and relatives. I'm a member of a group of teachers of English and I'm a teacher of mathematics at a language school. I love your way of learning how to write text messages . You're so helpful and to be here with you is so useful thank you.

Submitted by tooran on Tue, 25/06/2019 - 05:29

It ups to the situation for instance when I am busy especially at work I prefer to send message so I don't need to use my cellphone nonstop. On the other hand, whenever I find a free time I prefer to make a phone call especially to my close friends to arrange a plane which is much more easier than typing;)

Submitted by Cho on Mon, 24/06/2019 - 14:13

I prefer to speak to friends to make plans.

Submitted by Rodomi on Sat, 22/06/2019 - 19:29

I prefer to send a text of messages when I invite my friends to meet for a movie or dinner. I also send a text of messages when I want to talk about daily issues in life with my friends or family. However, I like to speak on the cell phone with my friends for a short trip at the weekends and other important plans.