A poster at work

Read an invitation to an office event to practise and improve your reading skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and do the exercises.

Reading text

Time to relax!

Come and join our lunchtime yoga class with experienced yoga teacher Divya Bridge!

When? Every Tuesday at 1.30 p.m.

Where? Meeting Room 7

How much? £10 for four 30-minute classes.

What to bring? Comfortable clothes. Divya will provide the yoga mats.

How to join? Write to Sam at Sam.Holden@example.com

We can only take a maximum of 20 in the room, so book now!

Do you need to improve your English reading skills?

A1 English level (elementary)

Submitted by amin hamidvand on Mon, 09/12/2019 - 05:14

yes, I go to the gym, twice a week after my work

Submitted by elit.sw on Mon, 25/11/2019 - 07:59

I used to take online courses in computer programming when I was student.

Submitted by le van son on Tue, 05/11/2019 - 16:00

Yes. I have two class after work, My company English class and gym class.

Submitted by Laura390 on Sun, 03/11/2019 - 04:48

I go to the gym where I take class of yoga.
Profile picture for user hoailinh

Submitted by hoailinh on Wed, 23/10/2019 - 03:07

No, I don't. But I like yoga. I don't have much time to go the yoga room or to take the class. so I taught my self by watching videos on YouTube. By this way, I save time and money for practicing yoga. However, sefl-study yoga makes some movements less accurate and less effective.

Submitted by Ruslan on Tue, 22/10/2019 - 20:42

Hi there, there is a very short text but I have made two mistakes in my answers: I wrongly answered on second question - I chose False, and my second mistake was when I chose True answering on sixth question, so I just wanted to notice that there is need to be more careful to details: "Every Tuesday" means Once a week, and Write to...-don't mean To Call

Submitted by saray on Sat, 12/10/2019 - 06:13

Hi every body. I have an English class but that takes place out of my office. I enjoy it.My class is two members, my husband and I. Our teacher let us that to take my girl to class.we don't have more time to go other classes. Because my husband and I spend more time for take our daughter and also for come her home in the long week.
That is A Nice Small Family Class with three Member. Good For you Saray But, What is your level and your husband level in English?
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Thu, 10/10/2019 - 14:07

What type of Yoga does this class teach? I hear there are different types of yoga, like Vinyasa yoga, Ashtanga yoga, Iyengar yoga, Sivananda yoga, Yin yoga, Bikram yoga, and so on. They are good for health, I think.

Submitted by Siti Fatimah on Thu, 10/10/2019 - 03:08

I want to join with this course but I dont have a mastercard to pay

Submitted by fariba on Sat, 28/09/2019 - 08:52

i do many classes out of work such as sport, languge

Submitted by rajeshsharmadevops on Wed, 25/09/2019 - 17:23

This is very interesting and informative website. I have started to follow up all the lessons. Thanks

Submitted by Abdelmouttalib on Tue, 24/09/2019 - 09:17

I've had boxing exercices in the past, But now i'm just doing some sport mouvement at home

Submitted by KarrHuynh on Thu, 19/09/2019 - 16:53

Hi everyone, After my work, I joined classes about Japanese. Nearly, I started to learn English to improve comunicate skill and exam ielts.

Submitted by ahmad enabosey on Wed, 18/09/2019 - 09:42

hello everyone i used to go for course 3 days in a week. 45 Minute - class. cost me $60.It was great course about speech and language therapy.

Submitted by djeziribenchernine on Sat, 14/09/2019 - 11:03

yes,I learn english I have two cours in week.it's useful , but I must found someone to practice languase in order to have good pronouciation.

Submitted by mattone85 on Thu, 12/09/2019 - 14:15

Last year I went to an English teacher tree times a week. He used a Callan Method and I improved very much my English skills... now I’m trying to study alone the same method ... I hope to increase my English skills like last year!

Submitted by Tama on Wed, 11/09/2019 - 15:54

I joined zumba class two years ago. I used to go for class twice a week. But, I got bored and missed that class lately. Now, I just do some exercise at home and just eat healthy meal to keep my body healthy.

Submitted by Mr Zaw Htway on Tue, 10/09/2019 - 14:56

I love this program.

Submitted by aliyazdan on Fri, 06/09/2019 - 10:06

Hello evrybody Last year I were going to English class. It was three times a week and It started at five p.m. I paied 40 $ for a term.
Profile picture for user Jamilmakawi

Submitted by Jamilmakawi on Wed, 04/09/2019 - 12:15

Well, actually, everyday day after work I used to go to the gym or sometimes I used to go for walking.

Submitted by SuSu on Wed, 28/08/2019 - 05:37

I do home exercises about 15 minutes.

Submitted by HAIBINH on Mon, 26/08/2019 - 09:28

I had one class for aerobic on three months last two years. But I learn it inside the room. * Please check the answer for me. Is it correct?

Hello HAIBINH,

I'm afraid we don't provide a checking service on LearnEnglish. We are a small team and have tens of thousands of users, so it is simply not something we are able to offer.

Submitted by hientam on Mon, 19/08/2019 - 05:11

yoga is good for health but i dont have time to go to the classes to learn it.hope in the future i can.
Profile picture for user drphungmanhtien

Submitted by drphungmanhtien on Wed, 14/08/2019 - 03:26

Yes, It is good for me. I will try to learn English now at the beginning. Thank a lot for your hep.

Submitted by tesfu on Sat, 10/08/2019 - 13:00

I like this program because I learn a lot of English reading ,listening,and grammar.
Profile picture for user Shunlai

Submitted by Shunlai on Wed, 07/08/2019 - 15:22

Yes,I also take English classes every evening after my work.On weedends, I study how to draw bcoz drawing is one of my hobbies.

Submitted by A.Nasiri on Sat, 03/08/2019 - 02:43

Surely, sport keeps us fresh. Every kind of sport is useful for health but I love gym because it grow our body in a short time and we can have a fair body.

Submitted by Mohd_tom1990 on Sun, 28/07/2019 - 13:14

Iwill never play yoga i plaing football and sewiming, sewiming is good i do it very well in plue nile big nile in africa

Submitted by emad mozamil on Sat, 27/07/2019 - 08:47

YES , I had some gym workout before

Submitted by Mohamed92 on Fri, 26/07/2019 - 19:42

yes, I go to frontier college.

Submitted by DmitryS7 on Sun, 21/07/2019 - 20:02

Now no, but earlier I went to football.

Submitted by joshuating on Sat, 20/07/2019 - 14:37

I have to take a English classes in every weekend because i need to get a band 4 of muet for my university graduation.

Submitted by Tử Dương on Wed, 17/07/2019 - 11:28

Yes, I have a English class every weeken. Now I am looking foward to taking this class. It's very fun and exciting.

Submitted by Julia Rahma on Tue, 16/07/2019 - 03:44

Yes,i do. I have a classes outside of my school. I learn Korean and Germany, its so much fun to learn many languages

Submitted by FARNAM on Sat, 13/07/2019 - 11:22

hi sports activity is very useful. i go to the bodybilding club six times a week.

Submitted by Jamileh on Tue, 09/07/2019 - 06:29

Yes,I go to the gym 3 days a week at half past 5 in the afternoon and it ends at 7 in the evening

Submitted by mpaulafonseca on Mon, 08/07/2019 - 19:35

No, I don't do any classes outside of my work. But, I would like to take a dance classes in the future.

Submitted by TatianaS.C on Fri, 05/07/2019 - 05:01

In moment I don't any classes outside of my work because I have no free time.

Submitted by cittàutopica on Sun, 30/06/2019 - 20:33

Yes, I go to the gym five days a week, from Monday to Friday.

Submitted by chris-kutte on Thu, 27/06/2019 - 19:55

I never did any classes outside my work.

Submitted by Cho on Thu, 27/06/2019 - 06:00

Not yet, but I have a plan to attend a piano class.