Around town

What's the difference between a 'crossing' and a 'crossroads'? Do these exercises to help learn words for the things around your town and find out.

Task 1

Task 2

Task 3

Task 4

Task 5

Average: 4.4 (54 votes)

Submitted by Sumreen Tahir on Thu, 29/08/2019 - 14:38

I have seen many of these things near my home such as signposts, traffic lights, crossings, streetlights, pavements and a roundabout.
Profile picture for user mtalebi

Submitted by mtalebi on Wed, 28/08/2019 - 04:37

There are all of them near my home.

Submitted by Setareh on Mon, 26/08/2019 - 03:32

I see near my home a lot of them like crossing,traffic lights ,cross roads and ...

Submitted by Nazarova Feruza on Wed, 17/07/2019 - 04:06

Hello. Near my house has a road and a corner. The children like to drive on a bicycle on the corner.

Submitted by islamhasabo on Mon, 15/07/2019 - 06:17

while driving from my home to outside, I used to to take one of two roads. Both of them I have to go through a roundabout inside the community for exit to the gate to another roundabout in the main road.After that I can take the first exit to take the first road or drive like 7KM then take the exit to be in the second one.

Submitted by chriskutte on Fri, 12/07/2019 - 00:10

I can see lots of these things near my home. In my home area are crossings, traffic lights, bus stops, a round about and at least the central market place where I often meet friends to eat some icecream or drink a coffee.

Submitted by shabo59 on Tue, 09/07/2019 - 05:45

i live in karaj which is a one cities of IRAN and near to Tehran. there are many traffic lights, crossroads, streets, signposts and etc. i love Karaj . Karaj is beautiful though the city is crowded is like Tehran.

Submitted by sahel1981 on Sat, 22/06/2019 - 05:22

I live in Tehran which is a crowded city. Like other cities, it has lots of traffic lights, street lights, and also signposts. But, there is less roundabouts and more crossroads in Tehran comparing other cities that I have seen. In addition, drivers have a bad attitude that they usually neglect crossings which make people annoy when they need cross a street or junction.