Online course introductions

Learn how to introduce yourself on an online course.

Reading text

New messages

10 Sep, 00:04 – Israa Al Ahmadi

Hi everyone! I'm from Qatar. Nice to meet you. It's my first time studying online. I hope to learn a lot from the course and from all of you!

9 Sep, 15:04 – Jonathan Davies

Welcome everyone. I'm Canadian but living in Scotland. The last time I studied anything was forty years ago … I'm a bit nervous! Good luck, everyone!

9 Sep, 11:21 – Le Thi Ha

Hello. I'm so happy to be doing this course. I've finished two other online courses this year so I'm looking forward to my third. I'm from Vietnam by the way. Looking forward to meeting you all!

9 Sep, 10:43 – Carlos Garcia Gonzales

Hi! Looks like I'm the first one here so … hi to everyone who joins the course and nice to meet you! Good luck with the course and see you in the next lesson!

Tips

1. Keep your introduction short and clear.

2. Say hello and give a little bit of information about yourself. Don’t say anything too private or personal.

3. You can say what you hope to get or learn.

4. Wish people good luck.

5. You don’t have to write full sentences.

6. You might use more exclamation marks (!) than in formal writing because it looks friendly.

Submitted by ANOUAR on Mon, 22/11/2021 - 09:46

I like how I meet people from different countries and cultures and also I like how you can study something in your home rather than going thousands of miles to study it

Submitted by LamVanPhuong on Mon, 01/11/2021 - 13:59

when i study online i can eat, sleep or do anything i want

Submitted by Bena - Mustafa on Sat, 30/10/2021 - 04:48

Hi everyone , I hope to improve my conversation skills to be confident in speaking to communicate of people .

Submitted by Suraj paliwal on Fri, 29/10/2021 - 14:35

Yes, I like to read online. It's very convenient to study in home in a room. There is very good environment to study in my room. I go to out only giving exam.

Submitted by minggthuww on Wed, 20/10/2021 - 17:55

Studying online that I don't need to dress up or make up and I feel really comfortable when I learn in my personal space. In addition, studying online doesn't require me to go so far to study at school.
Please correct my grammar if I was wrong somewhere.

Submitted by DW on Tue, 29/06/2021 - 09:55

Online learning is very convenient, you can study anytime, anywhere. The main advantage is that it is very flexible and can save a lot of time. Imagine that you do not need to go to a special location to attend a class. This is really important for those who have a family and need to take care of their children. Another benefit of studying online is that you can keep your job while studying. It is not easy for a working people to quit his job and study full-time. If you take online courses, you can keep both your work and study. You can also choose overseas online courses, so you do not need to leave your friends, your family and your current life.

Submitted by DarwinM on Fri, 07/05/2021 - 17:23

What I like the most about studying online are flexible schedules and learning at my own pace. It's a good opportunity for autodidacts to continue learning

Submitted by mirtha on Wed, 05/05/2021 - 19:17

What I like about study online is that I can take class for whatever I want, anytime, anywhere. It's good for autodidacts.

Submitted by Ehsan on Sun, 11/04/2021 - 09:07

from its advantages are being comfortable at home and saving time.

Submitted by Andrea Valencia on Thu, 08/04/2021 - 00:11

I don't want to study anything online I prefer to study in an on-site unviersity

Submitted by Camila Abreu on Sat, 03/04/2021 - 20:31

I like to study anything online. I have already studied, languages, courses about enviromental and sustainability. Also, already concluded a postgraduate course on biotechnology.

Submitted by Bandar 777 on Sat, 03/04/2021 - 14:49

what i like about online Stude is no need to car or wake up in morning and easy

Submitted by MikhailZatopliaev on Wed, 24/03/2021 - 22:20

Hello, everyone! It is so good to be here. I am studying English for my work. Online education is the best. Good luck

Submitted by carpe_diem on Tue, 16/03/2021 - 18:28

Hi everyone. I like my first online English course.

Submitted by TIa vinaka on Mon, 15/03/2021 - 02:18

Hi Everyone! what I like about study online is that I can take class anytime anywhere with internet. also It's good for saving time more than commuting to school.

Submitted by becktoan on Sat, 20/02/2021 - 08:44

I am from HongKong. Traffic jam is heavy at my city. Study online help me reduce transporting time.

Submitted by Bau on Fri, 05/02/2021 - 21:00

Learning online is not the good way , though. Because I have no chance to meet my teacher and classmates to discuss and talk about our lesson. When we learn online, the time is limited even to not comfortable to share ideas each other.

Submitted by In on Fri, 05/02/2021 - 06:58

I like to study online because I can do everything at home. I don`t have to lose time by transport. So is more easy time manage.

Submitted by Leila77 on Thu, 04/02/2021 - 09:50

I really like studying online because it's very flexible and it gives me a lot of choices of courses. I can learn everything from different universities without leaving my room! It's wonderful!

Submitted by German on Tue, 19/01/2021 - 00:42

What I like about to study online that I can manage my time better and I don´t have to go to the other places

Submitted by Muna on Thu, 14/01/2021 - 16:03

I would like to study online but regarding my IT skills making it difficult for me. Now i am working on my commuter skills

Submitted by Honey June on Tue, 12/01/2021 - 06:25

I don't like studying online course before because I think I can't control my mind myself.Whenever I am online,I always spend my time using social networks.I can't control my hand and my mind lol.But now I got motivation to study online course cause my university is closed because of Corona Virus.So I don't want to spend my time uselessly.Then I decide to try my best to study online course.But online has many advantages more than I think!

Submitted by Adli Hijazi on Sat, 12/12/2020 - 12:59

I`m really like to study online. Because that makes me more concentrate on the lecture and I an being less distraction thus which make my studying more efficient.

Submitted by anguiluciana on Fri, 04/12/2020 - 00:28

Hi guys! I'm peruvian. For me the best thing about studying online is that I can connect anywhere and anytime so I save lot of time and I can enjoy being at home with my family. I also like it because it is cheaper than face-to-face class.

Submitted by Leonardo de Souza on Thu, 19/11/2020 - 12:12

For me, the best thing about studying online is I can management my course and time myself. And I have autonomy to survey the kinds of thing I want to learn and build my knowledge my self.

Submitted by MAQSOOM AHED on Tue, 17/11/2020 - 02:02

hello, i'm from Pakistan!! i want to learn English for my carrier. if i learn English the world my own oyster.

Submitted by khalidait on Wed, 11/11/2020 - 12:22

i like studying online . actually i love that all things about self education that make you progress than your friends .and it is very useful and no one force you to learn something that you dont like and in the end you get global certificates

Submitted by Khin Khin Htet on Mon, 09/11/2020 - 08:05

Previous, I don't like to study from online. I thought that I don't able to study online class well. Now, I can't go anywhere because of Corona Virus ! So, I started online learning ! I knew that online class benefits ! We can study all course from online and we don't need to go anywhere . We can learn every time and everywhere . But , need to study carefully ! Now , I really like it !

Submitted by Babydoll on Sat, 07/11/2020 - 15:54

I prefer to study online because it’s save time and i can manage my course with my full time job.

Submitted by joselo on Thu, 15/10/2020 - 23:35

What I like the most about studying online is the chance of learning from home which helps you avoid a waste of time commuting. In addition, I think it is also worth considering the fact that many online courses bring you the possibility of choosing the time when you want to do it, therefore you can choose whether you want to do it in the morning, in the afternoon or in the evening; depending on what time best suits you. Finally, another important advantage to point out is that most of the time you can manage how fast you want to move forward with the course. Each person has its own way of learning and some may learn faster than others, so online courses are good for those who prefer to take some time to better understand each concept.

Submitted by Moon Wathan on Sun, 11/10/2020 - 15:01

I like studying online because we can learn everywhere and every time. And then we can save the time to go the place where we learn. After that most of the online classes are free. That's why I really like online learning.

Submitted by habibao.medo on Sat, 10/10/2020 - 08:29

i like online courses because i study from home and at any time

Submitted by Pola on Mon, 05/10/2020 - 19:50

I am really like studying online due to an easy way to follow and you can looking forward to seeing it in any time wherever you are? , Good luck to everyone, I look forward to writing to you.

Submitted by bitterchip on Thu, 20/08/2020 - 05:02

it's good ideas. I think I could use some tips to introduce myself when I'm attend in college not only online course

Submitted by shironeiko on Wed, 19/08/2020 - 18:05

I really love studying online. I find it so convenient and I could study with everyone not only from my region but also all over the world. Apparently, it is cheaper and saving lots of time than studying in school. Moreover, I had my lesson by greatest professor that is my dream at my school.

Submitted by Maria19 on Mon, 17/08/2020 - 21:17

In online studies you can choose the right hours for you, as well as you do not have to leave home and spend time on the road.

Submitted by Venus on Sat, 08/08/2020 - 06:21

To start, online learning offers a comfort learning unlike classrooms. Secondly, it provides the marvelous opportunity to learn everywhere as well as anytime. And most importantly, there is zero chance for you to be called out by a teacher if you are learning online.

Submitted by sakura on Wed, 05/08/2020 - 09:29

I think both online and in-person classes have their positive aspects. My university has been offering online classes since May due to the corona virus. I've been doing online classes for six months, and there have been advantages but also disadvantages. One advantage is that I can sleep until just before the class starts. If it is an on-demand class, I can listen to the class over and over again. As a demerit, the point that the connection situation becomes bad, I feel a time lag, and the point that it is a little difficult to submit an assignment is raised as a demerit. I hear some of my friends say that they want to have face-to-face classes and go to college. I am one of those people who would like to go to college and meet my friends, but lately, going to college seems to be a struggle for me. For a long time, I lost my motivation to stay home and study while refraining myself. Now I don't prefer either face-to-face or online classes. I spend my days wondering if my motivation will return once the corona virus subsides.

Submitted by Phan Bao Dung on Mon, 03/08/2020 - 19:44

I like learning online. First of all, it offers an effective method to achieve knowledge in almost every field. Next, I can study at a time that suits my schedule and save traveling time. Then, some online courses are provided with much lower costs and some are even offered for free. Finally, online learning courses are becoming to be more and more popular because of the above advantages.

Submitted by Mai Khin Nway Shein on Tue, 28/07/2020 - 05:18

I like online learning. I have never studying online before. Now I am trying to learn new knowledge from online

Submitted by hana ykt on Wed, 08/07/2020 - 08:33

I prefer studying online to face-to-face lessons. Until now, I did not like online because I was not good at machines. However, my school life has changed completely due to the influence of the coronavirus. It often did not work at first, but I felt it suits me after I get used to it. I can immediately spend my non-class time for myself. Recently, I have been living a meaningful life by such as cleaning my room and training muscles during my breaks. Also, I am weak in the morning, so I am very saved everyday. Since I can not go to school, I have more time to spare. This improve my performance for one day. It is also good to study at my pace. Now I am worried about returning to face-to-face lessons because I am too accustomed to this living. But after all, I would like to meet friends and have a wonderful time. The best thing for me to do is to have face-to-face contact with each day of the week. I would like to do more that I can only do now.

Submitted by Yamamoto Yucca on Wed, 08/07/2020 - 04:31

I like studying online. There are many reasons. One is I can look and watch class materials and on demand class again and again. Some class isn’t leaving the class materials but many classes, I can look again class materials, so I can deepen my understanding. Furthermore, I think It is the best thing about online classes it is I don’t have to go outside. I don’t have to go to school in very hot outside in summer and I always get motion sick to take the train. I don’t want to take the train, but on-line class is don’t have to take the train. Moreover, I don’t have to wake up early. I can sleep long time. If I have overslept, I will make it on time for class. For that reason, I like on-line classes. of course, there many bad things. My house internet connection is not stable, and the sound quality is bad, so it is difficult to understand what teacher said. I often can’t listen that teacher said. In this way there are bad things but if I have to choose which one, I choose online class. Not take long time for commute is attractive.

Submitted by Mohamedakram16 on Tue, 07/07/2020 - 18:23

Actually, we live in the age of technology, so we can find anything we want on the web and I think taking an online courses is more practice than ever, by the way, I have been taking an English courses from different websites these months

Submitted by Ronake on Sun, 05/07/2020 - 22:46

It's so helpful. You can meet people from different countries, exchange your experiences with them, learn about their culture and language. Also learning online, in the team can help you to improve each other the part that you are missing because each of member in the team has different skills, views of point, and experiences.

Submitted by Zin Mar Nyein on Sun, 05/07/2020 - 12:21

Hello Everyone! Nice to meet you all in these course. I am a learner from Myanmar. Looking forward seeing in the next lessons. Good Luck you all.

Submitted by Hennadii on Mon, 29/06/2020 - 09:25

I like that I can study when it suits me. It could be in the evening when my kid's gone to sleep and don't disturb me or in the morning when I'm still fresh-minded and can do my best. Another good point - I can communicate with people from many countries. It's so cool to read their stories, know that we are very different but still have much in common.

Submitted by Omer_moh on Wed, 24/06/2020 - 20:03

What I like about studying online is saving time because I am not going to anywhere I can do it in my own place.