An airport departures board

Read an airport departures board to practise and improve your reading skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and do the exercises.

Reading text
DEPARTURES
Time Flight Destination Gate Remarks
10:45 XZ 3265 Chennai 17 Departed
10:50 SQ 0972 Amsterdam 23 Departed
11:00 SQ 2509 Mexico City 19 Departed
11:05 RT 9122 Buenos Aires 34 Cancelled
11:10 XZ 6005 Los Angeles 05 Final call
11:20 QE 0078 Beijing 33 Final call
11:25 TY 2053 Christchurch 56 Delayed
11:25 ER 7452 Seoul 25 Boarding
11:30 XZ 0352 Moscow 12 Boarding
11:35 XZ 0569 Kuala Lumpur 27 Gate change
Do you need to improve your English reading skills?

Submitted by Murilo Martins on Sat, 30/11/2019 - 12:45

I travel by plane twice a year. I would like to get to know Norway and Georgia as soon as possible ✈️☺️!

Submitted by frfandinod79 on Thu, 28/11/2019 - 12:37

i not often flight in plane, but i would like visit other countries.

Submitted by le van son on Thu, 14/11/2019 - 15:53

I'm not often using airlane to travel. I had been travel to Thai Lan two month ago
Profile picture for user hoailinh

Submitted by hoailinh on Sat, 02/11/2019 - 03:05

Oh. I am twenty-two years old. But I have never been traveled by plane before. As you know, my country is middle-income, so it's very difficult for Vietnamese people to travel by plane. I think half past Vietnamese people has never been traveled by plane, and me too. If I have the opportunity to travel abroad, I will choose China. Because I love Chinese landscapes, culture, films, foods, etc..., Moreover, Vietnamese culture and Chinese culture have many similarities. So, I think China is the best choice.

Submitted by Editanna on Wed, 16/10/2019 - 13:12

I rarely travel by plane. I would like to visit India at the moment

Submitted by Siti Fatimah on Thu, 10/10/2019 - 04:19

I'm not to travel using air yet, and on november my job deligate me for going to outside of island by air. I am so nervous for the first time

Submitted by Abdelmouttalib on Thu, 03/10/2019 - 11:27

I travel rarely by plane. I would like to visit Switzerland.

Submitted by bawk san aung on Wed, 28/08/2019 - 02:12

Traveling to Cambodia is my first trip, by plane. I have few chance to go other countries and no chance to board a plane neither. If I have a chance to go others, America and south Korea would be my first priorities.

Submitted by Lameed Alomdaa on Sun, 21/07/2019 - 22:41

Unfortianately i have never been in plane or other country before but for sure if i get the chance i will go ..

Submitted by Guille on Wed, 17/07/2019 - 19:50

Almost everyone, each country has its charm...

Submitted by salehisalehi65 on Mon, 15/07/2019 - 13:49

two time any month, first flight when i want to go on work from shiraz to ahwaz and second flight in reverse direction after 14 days work,you can save your time by fight and have a comfort

Submitted by Josep Anton on Sun, 07/07/2019 - 12:45

I don't travel by plane very often, about once a year. I have visited France, Italy, Greece, Poland and Morocco, And of course differents cities of Spain. I'am from Spain. I would like to visit United States,and Japan for now

Submitted by Cho on Mon, 01/07/2019 - 06:23

I've never travelled oversea by plane. But I travel around local places with my family and friends. That's also interesing!!

Submitted by cittàutopica on Sun, 30/06/2019 - 21:36

I travel by plane once a year. I would you like to visit USA, Jordan, Armenia and Tierra del Fuego.

Submitted by chris-kutte on Fri, 28/06/2019 - 17:08

I travel 2 or 3 times a year by plane. I'd like travel to Iceland, New Zealand and the west of the USA for instance San Francisco, Los Angeles and Las Vegas. I'd also like to visit World Disney World in Orlando USA.

Submitted by Praveen kumar on Thu, 20/06/2019 - 11:08

I like to travel in flight to vist my grandmother and grandfather but it is not long journey state to state and soon I will explore my dream places like us,china,singapore and much places to vist.

Submitted by emin__cetin on Mon, 20/05/2019 - 08:47

I usually travel by plane via Turkish Airlines especially during holidays. When I travel, I usually goes to bed

Submitted by OlgaBut on Sun, 19/05/2019 - 19:46

I travel by plane once or twice a year. I usually flied to the south countries as Turkey and Greece. I would like to travel to Spain and Italy.

Submitted by Momocompanyman on Fri, 17/05/2019 - 10:41

I travel by plane twice a year when I go to visit France.

Submitted by Setareh on Wed, 15/05/2019 - 04:30

I traveled by plane one time in Iran. i went to Kish with my colleagues this travel was very interesting for me;

Submitted by Aikotoko on Mon, 13/05/2019 - 03:20

When I was a single, I used to go to the USA twice a year by myself I loved playing basketball so when I went there I watched NBA! I remembered to be excited. I also went shopping. There were many cute, interesting things there. So I bought them for friends, co-workers and of course my family.

Submitted by Aye Aye Aung on Thu, 09/05/2019 - 10:28

I traveled by plane this year when I got scholar from the Thailand. It is my first experience. I feel enjoy. If I have a chance to travel, I will go another country. I love travelling.
Profile picture for user TP

Submitted by TP on Sun, 21/04/2019 - 04:06

I've never travel by plane, but there are many places I'd like to visit. I really love travelling to Japan and explore their unique nature and culture. I also want to visit Bhutan and find out why Bhutanese people are so happy. Visiting Egypt also one of my dream. I want to see the mysterious pyramids. Also, I love visiting Austria where I can enjoy wonderful music. However, Antarctica will be my most extreme travelling experience.

Submitted by Kavi on Sun, 21/04/2019 - 03:58

I have never travel by plan.But I like to travel by plan.One day i'll go to france.It's my dream.

Submitted by Traveler on Tue, 16/04/2019 - 17:22

I travel twice a year on vacations. I would like to visit Asia, Europa and Africa, In América I traveled to Mexico, Usa, Peru, Colombia, Panama and Venezuela.

Submitted by Blagodarenko Maxim on Mon, 01/04/2019 - 14:37

I do not often travel by plane. I fly by plane to Siberia twice a year. This year I would like to visit Serbia and Montenegro.
Profile picture for user MAO

Submitted by MAO on Fri, 29/03/2019 - 13:36

I have never been abroad. But, If i want to travel, I will choose the island country located in the tropical or subtropical region. I really appreciate the clear and blue oceans, the sunshine, the passionate people, and the casual lifestyle at the seashore. The marine ecology of there is so attractive and can be experienced when we have some activities in the sea. Furthermore, the marine culture tells people that how important the respect and perseverance of lives are.

Submitted by achmad subchan on Fri, 29/03/2019 - 05:50

I haven't travelled by plane for years
Profile picture for user Stanley Alvarez

Submitted by Stanley Alvarez on Thu, 14/03/2019 - 14:56

I don't fly in a plane often, because, I short of money still. But, I would like to fly in a plane to French, specially to Paris, because, I want to know that city. In general, I would like to know many Europe cities and live a different experience.
Profile picture for user mtalebi

Submitted by mtalebi on Sun, 10/03/2019 - 15:04

I usually travel by plane once a year. I would like to visit some countries such as USA, Canada, China, Europe, South Africa, Australia. Malaysia, Singapour.

Submitted by Estudent on Wed, 27/02/2019 - 11:13

I travel twice a year for holiday and I visit Poland for a week