A restaurant menu

Read a menu to practise and improve your reading skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and do the exercises.

Reading text
Tony's Kitchen
★★★★★☆
231 reviews
Chicken, Pizzas, Vegetarian
17 Broad Street
Opening at 11:30
Do you need to improve your English reading skills?

Submitted by Laura390 on Mon, 09/12/2019 - 18:59

I like eat steak whit salad and chocolate ice cream..

Submitted by elit.sw on Tue, 26/11/2019 - 14:31

I'd like to have steak with salad and just water as drink.

Submitted by Thaohp on Tue, 12/11/2019 - 02:55

I’d like a cup of coffee with a little bit sugar and just some biscuits, please!
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Sun, 10/11/2019 - 08:08

Cheese and tomato pizza, please. That'll be all for now. ∩(´∀`)∩

Submitted by le van son on Sat, 09/11/2019 - 03:53

I want vegetarian chili, steak with chips and drink is beer. please!
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Mon, 04/11/2019 - 09:57

I'd like to have a homemade carrot cake and a cup of tea. ヾ(❀╹◡╹)ノ゙
Profile picture for user Jim Faal

Submitted by Jim Faal on Thu, 31/10/2019 - 14:44

I'd would go in for mushroom omelette and a cup of still water.

Submitted by Abdelmouttalib on Wed, 25/09/2019 - 21:23

I would like grilled fish of day, water sparkling and fresh salade fruit with ice crime

Submitted by mattone85 on Tue, 24/09/2019 - 11:12

I’d like to have just one cup of coffe in the morning...in the evening I prefer steak with potatoes and some vegetables

Submitted by ahmad enabosey on Wed, 18/09/2019 - 09:58

I'd like to have juicily steak with salad and orange juice.

Submitted by Tama on Wed, 11/09/2019 - 16:08

I like a cup of coffee without sugar and steak with salad. Ahahaha, that's bad choice ya?

Submitted by Mr Zaw Htway on Tue, 10/09/2019 - 15:15

I think that The question is so easy but I must be try more and more to understand what that mean.
Profile picture for user Ahmad Bacha

Submitted by Ahmad Bacha on Mon, 02/09/2019 - 13:46

The common food in our country is the cooked meat and vegetable,but I love steak with salad in addition a cup of wine, mmmm yummy

Submitted by bawk san aung on Thu, 22/08/2019 - 04:43

Our traditional meal is the best for me as it's less oil and but sometimes i also want to taste differences after ours.
Profile picture for user shahramuteng

Submitted by shahramuteng on Sun, 18/08/2019 - 14:27

I want to have shrimp and mushroom pizza with a huge double cheese burger with a glass of cola!! it's too much? "I want to" or "I like to", But honestly speaking, I can't eat all of them together!
Profile picture for user drphungmanhtien

Submitted by drphungmanhtien on Wed, 14/08/2019 - 04:01

It is good when you can have meal in restaurant but it is so expensive.

Submitted by Ghaith MA on Thu, 08/08/2019 - 09:14

I would like to have one cup of coffee and the home made carrot cake ! I think it will be amazing !

Submitted by Toanrt on Wed, 07/08/2019 - 15:32

dog meat for sure *LOL*

Submitted by DmitryS7 on Tue, 23/07/2019 - 07:26

I’d like to have a steak with salad and glass of still water.

Submitted by Lameed Mohamed on Fri, 19/07/2019 - 22:27

It's wonderful menu that makes me hungery .. I would like to have grilled fish , pizza ,chochlate ice cream and chochlate sauce and finally a bottle of still water..

Submitted by Julia Rahma on Wed, 17/07/2019 - 03:20

I'd like to have steak with chips. Also, i'd like to have orange juice without sugar on it, and for the dessert ice cream with chocolate sauce. It must be delicious

Submitted by Jamileh on Tue, 09/07/2019 - 08:59

I'd like to have steak with salad and orange juice

Submitted by popo1011 on Mon, 01/07/2019 - 05:49

I would like to have steak pizza with coleslaw and orange juice.

Submitted by cittàutopica on Sun, 30/06/2019 - 21:06

I'm Italian and therefore I like the Mediterranean cuisine, but, when I go abroad, I like trying local food.

Submitted by Cho on Fri, 28/06/2019 - 16:08

I would like to have homemade banana cake.

Submitted by chris-kutte on Fri, 28/06/2019 - 16:08

I'd like to have the steak with chips and an orange juice. Then for dessert I'll have the homemade banana cake.

Submitted by Tramy on Tue, 04/06/2019 - 05:04

I would like to have a steak with chips, orange juice and dessert by fresh fruit salad with grapes, mango, melon, apple, served with ice cream.

Submitted by Momocompanyman on Fri, 17/05/2019 - 09:43

I would like to have a grilled fish of the day with Fresh fruit salad with grapes, mango, melon and apple served with cream.

Submitted by Setareh on Tue, 14/05/2019 - 03:52

I would like to have grilled fish. :)

Submitted by Liv hoang on Sat, 11/05/2019 - 09:48

I'd like to have a steak with salad like main dish, a soup of day with brown bread like apptizer. Dessert, I'd like a melon cream. I'll drink a glass of red wine. Thanks.

Submitted by Pawani on Wed, 08/05/2019 - 13:42

I would like to eat mushroom omelette. Then, for the dessert chocolate ice cream with chocolate sauce and orange juice.

Submitted by Naing Lin Wai on Tue, 09/04/2019 - 06:38

I would like to eat mushromm omelette and homemade banana cake.

Submitted by Blagodarenko Maxim on Mon, 01/04/2019 - 13:51

I would like to have grilled meat and tomato juice. At the same time, I want to be at the river.... That's great
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Thu, 28/03/2019 - 08:59

I'm just wondering .... (゚ー゚*?) Why Tony's Kitchen has steak and grilled fish as well although the sign says 'Chiken, Pizza, Vegetarian' ??
Profile picture for user MAO

Submitted by MAO on Wed, 27/03/2019 - 12:54

I would like to have a chicken salad with garlic yogurt dressing for appetizer first. I think chicken is the meat without much fat so it is good for people keep diet; moreover, the sour taste of yogurt can make my appetite good. Then, i will order the main meal with cheese and tomato pizza. I like Italian foods very much, so i would like to give it a try. It is necessary for people to have a dessert at the end of the meals. There must be a spark bursting from the combination of cake and banana. The taste is supposed to be yummy. So, I will call it a "meal" after having homemade banana cake. Finally, a cup of coffee to clear up the greasiness is the best.
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Sat, 23/03/2019 - 09:28

All look yummy!! I'd like to have saussage and roast tomato pasta, homemade carrot cake, and a cup of tea, please. That would be £12?
Profile picture for user teddysl

Submitted by teddysl on Sun, 17/03/2019 - 03:21

I'd like to have cheese and tomato pizza ,chicken steak with chips and orange juice

Submitted by Kavi on Sun, 17/03/2019 - 03:11

I would like to eat a carrot cake

Submitted by sally abbas on Thu, 14/03/2019 - 16:02

excuse me , How to add many item in field ? this is about question one\ task1
Hello sally abbas After you have moved the first food into a group, you have to always click or press on top of the small hand (on the right side) to pick up the second food and then click or press on top of the small hand of the food that is already in the group. Then it should move. It's a little difficult to explain, but easy to do! Please let me know if that doesn't make sense. All the best Kirk The LearnEnglish Team

Submitted by Juan Diego Gal… on Tue, 12/03/2019 - 23:34

I´d like to have a steak with chips and for drink, I´ll take a beer.
Profile picture for user Stanley Alvarez

Submitted by Stanley Alvarez on Mon, 11/03/2019 - 19:57

I would like to have a steak with chips and orange juice. Then, for the dessert I would like to try homemade carrot cake and chocolate ice cream.
Profile picture for user TP

Submitted by TP on Sun, 10/03/2019 - 03:29

I'd like to have cheese and tomato pizza, homemade carrot cake and a glass of orange juice.

Submitted by DAGR1981 on Mon, 04/03/2019 - 15:48

I would like to eat a steak and chips, accompanied a homemade banana cake and 2 beers, one is a very bit. hahahahaha..... Regards.

Submitted by Estudent on Wed, 27/02/2019 - 09:37

I would like to eat a steak and chips a beer and an homemade banana cake and a cup of coffee

Submitted by Rajendra on Tue, 26/02/2019 - 14:26

Hi Team, In Task 1, "Grilled and roast" comes under "Meat" group. But for me, its showing incorrect and in red.
Profile picture for user Kirk

Submitted by Kirk on Tue, 26/02/2019 - 17:25

In reply to by Rajendra

Hello Rajendra

'grilled' and 'roast' both go in the 'ways to prepare food' group. This is because they describe two ways you can cook food. Often we use these adjectives to describe meat, but it's also possible to eat grilled vegetables or roast vegetables, for example.

By the way, after you press the Check answers button, you can press the Show answers button if you want to see all the correct answers.

All the best