A personal profile

A personal profile

Learn how to write a personal profile for a social app or website.

Reading text

My profile

About me

By day I'm a regular guy and by night a superhero … How tiring is that?!

Just joking! I'm a regular guy all the time, good job, close to my family, just bought my own flat with a cat. Actually, my cat thinks I'm a hero because I saved her from the street. I'm a talkative person and I believe communication is the most important thing in a relationship.

Likes and dislikes

I love pizza if it's Italian, wine if it's white, and football if it's the World Cup. I read a lot, especially true life stories, but most of my books live on my phone.

Hobbies

I love to travel and I'm always planning my next trip. I prefer an active holiday like hiking, skiing or watersports and I get bored lying on the beach. I post lots of photos on Instagram as I'm a good photographer but I'd really love to share the holiday with someone. Maybe you'll take the photos on the next trip. wink

Tips

1. Write about your good points, not your bad points.

2. Don’t include every single thing. Choose a few points and focus on them.

3. Don’t add your contact details (e.g. address, phone number). You could get unwanted messages.

4. Check your spelling and punctuation before you post.

5. You can use punctuation and emojis when you’re joking, e.g. ?! and wink.

Task 1

Task 2

Task 3

Average: 4.1 (22 votes)
Profile picture for user Peter M.

Submitted by Peter M. on Tue, 03/09/2019 - 07:36

In reply to by Didi

Hi Didi,

The sentences are not correct. You could say this:

I contributed in discussions to define the mission's strategies.

I contributed in discussions defining the mission's strategies.

The meaning is similar. The infinitive '...discussions to define...' would tell us the purpose of the discussions and is similar to 'in order to', while the -ing form (here a present participle rather than a gerund) tells us what the discussions are actually doing.

Submitted by Huyen on Sun, 25/08/2019 - 15:05

I think the dating app is one of a good way to communicate with people. Especially in modern life, people have no much time to dating. Through the dating app, they can easy to find their partners.

Submitted by Nazarova Feruza on Mon, 12/08/2019 - 07:20

Hi everyone. Thanks a lot for these writing skills. It's very important for a relationship. Everybody should write to yourself about the necessary information.
Profile picture for user TP

Submitted by TP on Sun, 11/08/2019 - 04:33

I'm not sure exactly if a dating app is good way to meet people. Here in my country, the authorities always warn the public using such apps can be dangerous because there have been many criminal cases recorded related it. Anyway, the concept of dating app is good if it is used in the proper way.
Profile picture for user randyjay

Submitted by randyjay on Sun, 11/08/2019 - 04:25

I never use those things thats is why i am single

Submitted by ayusisi on Wed, 31/07/2019 - 10:43

Hi, Everyone, I am ayusisi and I am 20 years old. My weakness is I am too lazy to wake up early then I also like to eat junk food. But my goodness is I happy to help other people and make happy.

Submitted by Aung San Oo on Sat, 27/07/2019 - 15:19

I want to learn English for business and my personal , this website is more helpful to improve skill from lesson and member. I want to invite all member to discuss the English for all. With Regards, Aung San

Submitted by Dimpy on Thu, 25/07/2019 - 12:56

I sincerely have no idea about that as I have never tried one myself.

Submitted by sajith k on Sun, 21/07/2019 - 08:19

I am basically a introverted person . but i can be comfortable with others .i am writer in my native language . i have to write in English that is my life goal..i can read and speak in English.i expecting great help from all of you to achieve my goal. thank you