Holiday home adverts

Read two adverts for places to stay on holiday to practise and improve your reading skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and do the exercises.

Reading text

City flat

Farmhouse

Do you need to improve your English reading skills?

Submitted by Abdelmouttalib on Fri, 11/10/2019 - 14:31

I choose a farmhouse because of its comfortable, wide, with garden, and the most important it's far from towns, noise and pollution. It's the place when i can find inner peace.

Submitted by Siti Fatimah on Thu, 10/10/2019 - 04:53

I prefer to choose the farmhouse for holiday. I think it will help me to ignore my stressfull

Submitted by beginner on Mon, 26/08/2019 - 16:07

During my holidays, I would like to stay with my whole family in a City house rather than a City flat.

Submitted by myolay on Tue, 20/08/2019 - 14:03

I will choose farmhouse because I like nature and it can rest peacefully than city flat...

Submitted by Lameed Mohamed on Fri, 02/08/2019 - 11:30

Me and my family tend to have our holidays in countryside where my grandma and grangpa live , it's amazing all the time cause u can do alot of things that u can't do in the city , i mean we can visit nieghbours who they're our relatives too by the way in everytime beside that the whole big family are there so we have nice time with each other, But of course there is thing that i don't like a lot which is too much housewrok, i think this is happens in all farmhouses is it ..?

Submitted by Hkn18 on Tue, 30/07/2019 - 08:50

I choose farmhouse for a holiday. Because, I want to rest at holiday.

Submitted by Sridhar reddy on Sun, 21/07/2019 - 15:45

bedroom sleeps four people? doesnt sound right, can we actually say that way?

Hello Sridhar reddy

It's true that this would be unsual in ordinary conversation with someone, but in a context such as this one, this expression is very common.

All the best

Submitted by Julia Rahma on Thu, 18/07/2019 - 02:01

I would like to choose farmhouse because it's far from the city and less internet connection, it would be great holiday with family spend our time without gadget and enjoy the nature!

Submitted by Jamileh on Sat, 13/07/2019 - 08:18

I like both of them. I'll chose city flat if I whant to go with my family and choose farmehose when I need to be relax

Submitted by Cho on Fri, 05/07/2019 - 14:57

I would choose a farmhouse in the countryside when I visit with my family.

Submitted by cittàutopica on Thu, 04/07/2019 - 16:04

I prefer to go in the hotels, so I'm free from domestic activities and I can enjoy my holiday.

Submitted by popo1011 on Tue, 02/07/2019 - 06:31

If I had holidays, I prefer to go to the farmhouse because there are not any pollution and noise. it is absolute calm.you can see sunshine in the morning and hear the singing birds. you can relax without concern.

Submitted by chris-kutte on Mon, 01/07/2019 - 08:12

I'd prefer the farmhouse in the countryside because I like to barbecue with my friends outdoors.

Submitted by Praveen kumar on Wed, 05/06/2019 - 13:22

Farmhouse is the best way to avoid dusts and pollution also the environment gives fresh air.

Submitted by Kavi on Sun, 26/05/2019 - 04:08

I prefer the farmhouse.It is very calm.I think i can enjoy my vacancy as i thought.We daily use internet.In our vacation we can relax our mind.So i think farmhouse is the best one for my vacation.
Profile picture for user teddysl

Submitted by teddysl on Sun, 26/05/2019 - 04:08

If i have a holiday i choose farmhouse because i love barbecue and countryside is the best i think

Submitted by Momocompanyman on Sun, 19/05/2019 - 13:27

I choose city flat

Submitted by Setareh on Thu, 16/05/2019 - 03:55

It depend on my holiday, if I want to excursion in town. I prefer use flat; but if I want to stay in nature I will use farmhouse.
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Mon, 06/05/2019 - 12:44

I'm interested in stying in a farmhouse for a holiday. Some people may think they will die without internet, but it may turn out to be adventurous holiday! Also, it's a perfet place for those who want digital detox! (⁎⁍̴̛ᴗ⁍̴̛⁎)‼

Submitted by romantic flower87 on Thu, 02/05/2019 - 14:56

I live in a farmhouse in the countryside, so in this specific case I choose the city flat for to spent my holiday

Submitted by Ehsan1984 on Sat, 27/04/2019 - 11:45

i usually go to countryside or farmhouse for holiday.

Submitted by Traveler on Mon, 22/04/2019 - 17:46

I prefer a city flat in any country other than where I live
Profile picture for user MAO

Submitted by MAO on Mon, 01/04/2019 - 14:55

I prefer farm house to city flat to spend my holiday. Even though the life in the city is very convenient, getting close to the nature attracts me much more. I like the life of countryside. Having barbecue with friends in the garden, playing in the farm or river, fresh air, warm sunshine make me feel relax and chilled. It feels like living in the heaven without any worry, fear, stress, in the contrast, being full of joys, happiness.
Profile picture for user Alias

Submitted by Alias on Fri, 29/03/2019 - 13:32

In reading text, I don't see any advert text, I only see 2 pictures of city flat and Farmhouse. Please check. Thank you.
Hello Alias, You should see a short text with each photo. If you cannot see the texts, then I imagine there is a local issue (with your device or software). You could try accessing the page via a different device, particularly if you are using a mobile device at the moment – this may help. I can reproduce the texts below for you. ~ City flat Beautiful two-bedroom city flat five minutes' walk from the cathedral. Fully equipped kitchen, living room with a large sofa and chairs, big TV and balcony. The balcony has space for four people to sit and gets the sun in the mornings, and the flat is light and warm. It has Wi-Fi and fast internet. The upstairs bedroom sleeps four people, with two double beds; the downstairs bedroom sleeps two in single beds. The flat is perfect for families and is near shops, bars and restaurants. ~ Farmhouse Four-bedroom farmhouse in the countryside. All of the four double bedrooms are en suite with luxury shower and bath. Farm kitchen with barbecue, tables and chairs outside. Great for groups of friends. The supermarket is half an hour by car and you can take a train from the village into the city. Escape from normal life for a few days as we have … NO INTERNET and you can only use mobile phones at the bottom of the garden! ~ Peter The LearnEnglish Team
Profile picture for user Esther Chinwe

Submitted by Esther Chinwe on Thu, 28/03/2019 - 10:50

I will prefer to live in a farmhouse, just to be far from the noise in the city.
Profile picture for user Stanley Alvarez

Submitted by Stanley Alvarez on Mon, 11/03/2019 - 19:08

It depends of the holiday, because if is a holiday in another city of another country I'll prefer to stay in city flat. But, if is a normal holiday n my city I'll prefer to stay countryside in a farmhouse.

Submitted by Estudent on Tue, 26/02/2019 - 21:31

It depend, sometimes it's no bad visit the cities when all people are away in holiday.
Profile picture for user mtalebi

Submitted by mtalebi on Tue, 19/02/2019 - 16:49

I prefer farmhouse. It gives me peace of mind.