Changing plans

Listen to two people talking about changing their plans to practise and improve your listening skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then listen to the audio and do the exercises.

Francesco: Sachi? Sachi? Sachiko!

Sachi: Francesco! Is everything OK?

Francesco: Yes. Yes. Sorry, I saw you and I was across the street … I ran.

Sachi: I see. What's up?

Francesco: Do you have the tickets … for the play?

Sachi: No, I don't. I'm going to buy them this afternoon.

Francesco: Oh good, good. Listen, don't buy tickets for this Friday.

Sachi: Oh? Why not?

Francesco: I can't go to the theatre on Friday. Something's come up. I have a concert this Friday.

Sachi: Another concert? But you said …

Francesco: I know, I know. I'm sorry. I forgot.

Sachi: Francesco!

Francesco: How about next week? Are you free then? I can definitely go next Friday.

Sachi: Francesco. You did this two weeks ago, remember? I had cinema tickets for the new Marvel movie and you changed the plans then too. For band practice.

Francesco: I know, and I …

Sachi: We also missed my favourite dance group. Because your band was playing at some child's birthday party.

Francesco: It was my nephew's birthday …

Sachi: Ha!

Francesco: OK, why don't we go out for dinner before my concert? Then, next Friday we can go to the play.

Sachi: Oh …

Francesco: Come on, Sachi. Just this one more time.

Sachi: OK, but promise me next Friday. OK?

Francesco: I promise. I promise!

Submitted by ANOUAR on Wed, 24/11/2021 - 08:33

Actually I don't because I'm not disciplened about the things that I want to do I have a problem of thinking so much and never do anything.

Submitted by LamVanPhuong on Thu, 18/11/2021 - 10:18

yes, I do it helps me can arrange my time properly

Submitted by azharbgskr on Tue, 16/11/2021 - 15:31

I make some plans, but not that many. I usually make one or two plans, like watching an anime and lying on the bed. That's it.

Submitted by KyawMinThu on Fri, 05/11/2021 - 09:01

Whenever I had some free time, I went to the cinema then I went out for shopping and spent a lot of time with my family.

Submitted by vuhoap on Thu, 28/10/2021 - 14:32

No, I do not make lots of plans for my free time. Because, I can not finish multiple task at the same time. I only set one or two goals, depending on how long time I have that is short or long. And I try my best to finish them in that free time.

Submitted by Fernanda Morei… on Sun, 10/10/2021 - 02:02

When I have free time, a usually make lots and lots of plans, because I always wanna do a lot of things. But, this often doesnt work, either because a unforeseen event or because that was too many things to do in a short time.

When I have a long day off, I usually make lots of plans for what I want to do. In the morning, I am going to prepare breakfast. And then, I am going to watch movies, listen to music and do work out.

Submitted by Suraj paliwal on Wed, 06/10/2021 - 01:53

Hi, When I have free time then I do a lots of to improve my skills. I open British council website and doing lots of tasks and learning new words.

Submitted by PuenteD on Thu, 19/08/2021 - 16:35

Normally, I Like to have plans for my free time, but if I have a friend to share good moments.

Submitted by KATIELLE RAIAN… on Tue, 20/07/2021 - 11:53

In fact, I just want to rest in my spare time.

Submitted by Juan Felipe Sá… on Tue, 29/06/2021 - 03:10

In my free time, I prefer to take a nap or just set relax, but then I realize that I can actually watch a movie in English and chilly and practice at the same time. Sometimes with my partner or friends or even alone.

Submitted by Veronikka on Sun, 30/05/2021 - 19:18

I don't have time for sharing with local friends because I prefer use my free time for another things, such us improving my English skills. I do plans for that: 1. I review the vocab words once a week. 2. I watch the one recording on YouTube and write down the new words. 3. I complete tasks in Bristish Council website and others tools. This is my free time. :)

Submitted by Suraj paliwal on Mon, 12/04/2021 - 04:11

I haven't free time to go to cinema,concert or other things. If I have enough time then I Play cricket match just for hour. Don't spend time on doing unusual things such as going to cinema with girlfriend.

Submitted by TIa vinaka on Tue, 06/04/2021 - 02:50

Not these days. I used to make a lot of plans for my free time such as going to hair salon, eyelash salon, hair removing salon or some hospitals and going out with my friends. but I don't make plans a lot recently since cover-19 has been influenced. I make plans just for myself at home. like a time schedule.

Submitted by MikhailZatopliaev on Mon, 05/04/2021 - 23:18

1. Anna, Have we plans for this weekend? I don't remember. 2. Of course, yes Mikle, we are going to diner with Ira and Solomon. Did you forget? 1. O no. I forgot. Can we postpone this please? I have deals. Also, we haven't present yet. 2. I know, that we haven't but we can buy something, do you have idea? And with deals Mikle? 1. A lot of deals, Anna, firstfull I must learning, secondly I must clean my house, also I want to buy a new glasses. About present, Let me thing, maybe will buy a toy for child and flower for Ira? 2. Good idea. Ok, I will say to Ira for postpone our meeting for next Friday. Ok? Are you free? 1. Ok, I am free. Deal. 2. Promis me! 1. I promis)

Submitted by Minh on Fri, 19/03/2021 - 17:36

Well, I am keen on working because I am a businessman. Therefore, time is really value for me as well as everybody. That is reason that I always make all plans for the next 3 months. Then I have the plan for month and week. This is one of important rules which will be useful for your work. On the other hand, the more you make the detail the more you do a good job, make sure that you are never forget the business and do all the things step by step. This is interesting your life, you are not in hurry and feel comfortable and relax. Your life are decided by your plan which is easily to support the succeed in the future. Remember that nothing is difficult but nothing is easily, it depends on your choice.

Submitted by Carlasuperium on Thu, 18/03/2021 - 19:20

I always stay home with my family .

Submitted by Giuliana on Thu, 04/03/2021 - 17:29

Honestly, sometimes. Yes, sometimes i like stay in my house, doing anything or yoga, writing, sing and compose a song but sometimes or always ajajja i like get out of my house and meet with my friends.

Submitted by Aye Thet Pan on Tue, 02/03/2021 - 17:05

Yes ,I do with my mom!

Submitted by vespinosa10 on Wed, 24/02/2021 - 18:24

yes, with my friends and my boyfriend.

Submitted by Rahmatullo on Tue, 23/02/2021 - 07:29

I like watch movies when I am free but I don't have free time now because I'm learning English since six months.

Submitted by In on Mon, 15/02/2021 - 06:54

Yes, I do plans for my free time, but I always try to make a balance between social life and time for myself if not I end drained of energy.

Submitted by German on Thu, 28/01/2021 - 03:10

Yes, I do. I make a lots of plans for my free time like go to the cinema, read books, drink coffee with my friends and other plans.

Submitted by IrinAristova on Mon, 25/01/2021 - 11:50

I like watching movies, listening to music in my free time. But i don't have a lot of free time because I learn English and do a lot of additional exercises in English everyday.

Submitted by ThihaHtetAung on Sun, 03/01/2021 - 03:13

Yeah,I oftenly make plans for my daily works. And I really loved to listen this part.It's like watching a drama.so relaxing

Submitted by fariba on Sat, 02/01/2021 - 08:01

Yes I plan for holidays such as visit my family and go shaping or watch the good movies....

Submitted by Rabia Syed on Fri, 01/01/2021 - 14:24

I have No Free Time. Because I am a student and also a tutor. That's why I have no free to chat with friends , go out side. But when I have free time I do like to use my cell phone and watch movies.

Submitted by Suraj paliwal on Fri, 01/01/2021 - 08:11

Usually, I have not free time. I like study the books. I never waste my time in doing unusual things like going cinema, show, concert etc. In this time I work hard to improve my English language. Because my goal is study abroad like US or Europe in best university in the world.

Submitted by Khin Yee Mon Khaing on Sat, 26/12/2020 - 05:03

No, I used to spend my time watching TV, playing guitar, listening to music, eating someone, and sleeping when I am lazy.

Submitted by Abouserage on Fri, 25/12/2020 - 17:27

in the fact i try to do something in free time because of the time is very imortant for me...as read the articles about any subject like history ,psychology ,astronomy, sociology, biology...and i can not forget also read some the nevel especially nevals'S Dossiovsky and i usually exercise the sport...moeover I try to learn the english language through many ways such as communicate with persons who want to learn and improve thier english language by use some aplications...in the meantime i also learn the spanich language because of i live in spain....

Submitted by Frank_7 on Mon, 14/12/2020 - 13:40

No, I prefer to stay home, watch some TV and feed my dog.

Submitted by Lucas on Mon, 14/12/2020 - 03:43

Yes I had made a lot of plans in my free time .yes absolutely this crisis. I have to study harder..I want to learn many languages including English.and I want to use this time usefully not to waste.If I do I know I will regret so much on it. Sry I am writing this cmt to practice my writing skills.

Submitted by sevenseas on Sun, 13/12/2020 - 11:57

I don't have so many plans for my free time. I just want to study english during quarentine and ready my books with a relaxing lo-fi.

Submitted by fofanaML on Sat, 12/12/2020 - 10:25

Yes, most of my time when i'm home alone.

Submitted by Roya on Tue, 01/12/2020 - 08:38

Yes,I always like to do a schedule for my life,actually I love to see the plans in paper and do them in a right way.It helps me to think better and feel more useful.

Submitted by Sergio1994 on Mon, 30/11/2020 - 15:43

Sometimes this happens to me when my friends call or text me in the last hour, but I prefer to plan to go out a week before.

Submitted by DJ Singh on Tue, 24/11/2020 - 12:39

I love to plan my day and spent like planned. But if something more important comes up than planned I don't feel good because something unexpected came up in my schedule.

Submitted by NOURHAN93 on Mon, 23/11/2020 - 01:30

Yes I like make plans for my free time ,and I feel sad if it doesn't work like I planned. I like to make every thing organized ,so I hate when someone ask me to go out in the same day ,probably I refuse his asked .

Submitted by Thant Zin Min on Sun, 15/11/2020 - 15:51

Actually, I usually spend most of my free time alone. But Sometimes, our friends gether to go to somewhere. At such time, we make appointment to meet at a place first. Some friend can come and some cannot because we usually don't have the same free time. Then we have to move our plan to another day, another month.

Submitted by Pola on Sat, 07/11/2020 - 14:16

Yes, I do make a lot of plans are most mornings.

Submitted by Ana Luisa Sanc… on Wed, 04/11/2020 - 03:36

Always I Like to do a lot plans for my free time, and usually I cancel some activities due to there is not time enough. But for me is exciting to wait this time for to do what I like.

Submitted by kzmyr on Tue, 03/11/2020 - 17:14

Submitted by Suraj paliwal on Fri, 23/10/2020 - 14:34

Yes, when I have free time I plan about future. In future have a lot of uncertainty.

Submitted by Samqaid on Tue, 20/10/2020 - 22:18

I'm trying to plan my time, I want to organize my waste time, I did and made a schedule but I couldn't adhere by it .. I'm really stupid and I live randomly. I love to have a good schedule in order to utilize from my time. I know the time is a wealth to us ...can anyone advise me how would be organized

Submitted by Ugulhan on Fri, 16/10/2020 - 07:56

Yeah, I do my plans for my free time, but sometimes, the plans will be changed, seeing as something comes up. Friends of mine, they call me and they would be angry with me. Why did you change your plan? BlaBla will say. And I am hanging on the mobile phone then I was saying only, I apologize to you for my changing plan.

Submitted by Moon Wathan on Tue, 13/10/2020 - 15:44

Yes, I have many plans in my free time. But for now, I have plan to study English lessons and try to play the guitar cause of covid-19. I can't go anywhere. After the lockdown, I have many plans to travel.

Submitted by Vleticiam on Fri, 09/10/2020 - 07:23

I rarely forget my events or appointments, usually I prefer to write it down in my calendar not to cause any problems.

Submitted by habibao.medo on Sun, 04/10/2020 - 10:38

NO , i don't i always stay at home watching my favorite show or reading my favorite novel but sometimes i go out with my friend to the mall or the park