Are you ready to go to the beach? Do these exercises and learn vocabulary to talk about the beach.

Submitted by Ray Tam on Mon, 15/11/2021 - 14:00

As a well known resort and beautiful city Blackpool, where my friends and me visited a couple week before. We couldn’t see the beach because it was dark. But, when we arrived in the Main Street, it’s much amazing that many illuminating things and bright decorations along with the roads.
In the next morning, it’s a sunny day, so we had a long walk along with the beach, I was so exiting due to I found a very long, huge beach because the tide ebbed away.
At the end of the day, I’d say it’s a nice and a deep impression holiday.

Submitted by Kadir on Thu, 09/09/2021 - 20:26

Last year when I gone to the beach I had forgotten the sun cream to take by me. About one hour I lie on the chaise longue and I had slept. Then after I woke up my skin had burnt very seriously. Immediately I run to the First Aid Centre and asked help from the doctor. Never forget to take sun cream by you when you go for holiday.

Submitted by Abrarhussain on Sun, 04/04/2021 - 15:53

Yes I went to London beach . I like it very much to walking with bare feet on the sand and traveling in the boat.

Submitted by cittàutopica on Mon, 29/03/2021 - 18:53

I was born in a village fifteen kilometres from the sea and I was going to the seaside, in a villa, with my relatives all the summers. Then, when the beach house had become a ruin, we were going to the seaside by car. I like above take a swim and read a book relaxed on a lounger.

Submitted by Julia Pann on Mon, 18/01/2021 - 09:03

Yes,of course.I have been there when I was young.At that time,I was really afraid of water but I had fun there.I really love the scenery and I can’t forget the taste and freshness of seafood.After Covid-19,I will go to Chaungtha beach and feel the soft breeze again.

Submitted by moniMee on Wed, 13/01/2021 - 04:00

I've never been to a beach. I'm afraid of water so I rarely go near lakes or seas. But I want to overcome my fear and have fun like other kids.

Submitted by Elham Barakat on Fri, 08/01/2021 - 21:47

I haven't been there for a long time. l love the view of the sea. Sometimes I enjoy swimming in it. Sometimes I enjoy sitting on the shore and just relax. It looks like it's psychological therapy. The sea takes our sadness, our uneasy periods, our fears and throws it away. I always go to the beach with my beach bag. It holds my sunglasses, my sun cream and my towel.

Submitted by Elham Barakat on Fri, 08/01/2021 - 21:43

Submitted by BlaiChan on Mon, 30/11/2020 - 16:28

I haven't been to the beach for ages. I don't even remember when was the last time I went there. However, I really like going there. The most things I did are that playing in the wave and floating my body by holding my breath. I always had a good time whenever I went.

Submitted by Ayuloraine sit… on Wed, 18/11/2020 - 04:15

yes, i do really love going to the beach, i will play with the wave, sand, laydown , collected the shell, and i never forget to take a pict :)

Submitted by carrascodark on Thu, 05/11/2020 - 19:22

I'm going to the beach more or less. I only want to go to the beach in summer, because it is too hot but not in winter because its too cold. I only have go to the beach when I move to Mallorca in summer's holidays because my primary home its so long to the coast, so I move to another location, as a island, for example. By the way, I had gone to the beach two or three times, no more. I like swimming in the water and make sand castles, or cave a grave to introduce the half of myself in there.

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Thu, 29/10/2020 - 12:33

I like a peach and a beach with white sand! ;)

Submitted by May Snow on Thu, 29/10/2020 - 10:44

I really like going to the beach. About 2years ago,I went to the beach with my family this is the last time of going to the beach. I dont get chance to go to the beach in these days because of this phandemic.After this phandemic ,first thing I would do is going to the beach and hiking to the mountain.

Submitted by habibao.medo on Sun, 18/10/2020 - 17:01

one time i have been to the beach i really can't remember what happened since it was 3 or 4 years ago

Submitted by Matjo on Thu, 15/10/2020 - 12:42

I like to go the beach to relax: lying down under filao trees, listening to waves' sound and breathing fresh air. It's meditating and healthy. Apart from that, I love going at rocky beaches, to walk on the rocks but the most amazing one, to lie on and observe the marine creatures fish, crabs, sea urchins and corals. It's so wonderful that I wish to have a mermaid tail and discover only the beauty of the ocean.

Submitted by flavie.A on Thu, 08/10/2020 - 01:24

Indeed I love going to the beach in summer. I like sitting in the water and playing with the sand for i can't swim. I like looking over the waters and feeling the freshness of the air on my face. It's equally so appeasing hearing the sounds produced by the wind on the waters. Its also so awesome watching the sunset on the sea. I will also walk along the beach collecting beautiful stones and shell for decoration in my home. But during winter ,it's beneficial to go to the beach in winter to help breathe in fresh air from the sea which is good at doing away with many deaseses.

Submitted by Yemina on Thu, 17/09/2020 - 00:53

I don't like going to the beach very much because of the heat, but what I do when I go is put on a lot of sunscreen and go into the sea.

Submitted by Pola on Wed, 09/09/2020 - 21:26

Yes, I go. I like doing swimming and building sandcastle, but my like swimming pool and aqua park so iam go to the beach by myself and interesting alone

Submitted by Asni on Sun, 23/08/2020 - 22:54

I love going to the beach. If I were a wealthy woman, I would buy a beautiful house near the beach. I wish I could go there everyday even for a few minutes just to see the sea and that wonderful smell of the sea water makes me breathe better. What I like to do there, well, everything, especially swimming and playing in the waves. I like to play in the sand too. When I was a child, I used to play a game with other children of my family, we burried our bodies in sand, we never wondered whether it was dangerous or not, simply because we didn't have time to worry. Now, I'm an adult and kind of shy in my everyday life, but when I go to the beach, I try to make the most of it, I enjoy every single moment and honestly, I don't even care what people think of what I'm doing, I feel like a child again.

Submitted by John A. on Fri, 21/08/2020 - 10:15

I do like going to the beach. When I was younger, it was only for play in water with my brother. Now I like it as well but also lie down on the sand, walk along the beach, watch the sea and take fresh air. Now, I can't go to the beach when it is to busy.

Submitted by Kinki on Thu, 30/07/2020 - 08:24

Actually, I don't like sunbathing or swimming. But I think it's a good idea to spend time in a resort in summer.

Submitted by fatfat on Wed, 15/07/2020 - 15:17

I go to the beach every summer with my family, stay at a hotel. Every year we spent a week for on holiday. During the holiday we get up early, have a quick breakfast and go to the beach until noon. Then we have lunch and some nap. After that we go for a walk and have dinner.

Submitted by MammadovAnar on Sun, 14/06/2020 - 18:00

To be honest, I don't like going to the beach. Although there are many kinds of beaches in the town where I live, I am not going. Instead, I would prefer to go to peaceful and calm places for example forests, or mountains. I think it would be perfect to play some outdoor games or have a picnic in the bosom of nature.

Submitted by Dilnoza Sulaymonova on Fri, 12/06/2020 - 15:25

I don't want to go to the beach

Submitted by Ainura_85 on Mon, 01/06/2020 - 09:01

I enjoy travel abroad, usually it is Turkey. I adore time when I laying on the beach. The most essential my things are sun cream, sun glasses, sun hat and towel.

Submitted by OlaIELTS on Mon, 25/05/2020 - 20:36

Yes. Like once, i just board a boat in crossing to the other side.

Submitted by thuy02102000 on Sat, 23/05/2020 - 06:29

as for me, I prefer to go to the mountain than beach. But I am used to go to the beach one times (lol) - the thing I like to do best is, walk along the sand road of the beach especially with my family or my friends to share and talk together, when I see someone sells ice cream or something, get there and buy >

Submitted by flavio on Wed, 13/05/2020 - 02:31

I like yo travel a lot in vacation with my family, I prefer to be lie in a towel infrot to the sea, my childs prefer to get in pool and try divings, however I enjoy to te view, and I like so much the night life, to go the bar outodors feeling the weather, cause all the peoples are happy, the food its nice and diferents dish an flavors, even so, I try to diferents beach in Mexico, and the last year I have the oportunite to visted aisland father in Texas EUA Regards.

Submitted by Alissa on Mon, 20/04/2020 - 19:32

Going to the beach is one of the things that i want to do. Does'nt matter the season, if it's in winter or in summer. The most important for me that the weather is mild and good. For exemple, in winter, i go the beach put my sunglasses, lie on the sand, enjoy the sound of waves and have a picnic. While the summer have another charm, i bring my sun cream, my sun hat and my towel to swim and have a sunbathes .

Submitted by rpikeri on Wed, 01/04/2020 - 22:10

I live on an island surround by beaches. However; I am not going to beaches. In case, I go I just swim and have a good time with my friends and or families.

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Tue, 31/03/2020 - 13:58

I prefer swimming in the sea to walking and lying on the beach, cuz I don't like sand clinging to skin... (/ω\)

Submitted by Mamta Gusain on Tue, 31/03/2020 - 11:54

Since i live in center of country. so there is no any beach here. To enjoy the beaches, one has to go in coastal areas. Which is too far from my city. but fortunately, two months ago i got a chance to visit the Goa city full of beaches. Every year tourist from all over the world came here to enjoy. because i do not know surfing, i took a ride on boat along with my friends. we had sun bath, made sand castle and had some pictures so that it can remind us this perfect moment. first time i had tasted seafood. I enjoyed that trip to the fullest.

Submitted by Daudau0601 on Sat, 28/03/2020 - 02:45

There are many beachs in my country. Water is so clean and cool. I often go to the sea in the summer afternoon with my friend to shower and see sunset. These make me feel comfortable and peaceful. especially, i also like making sandcastle and playing. At that time, i was happy like the children

Submitted by Lianna on Thu, 26/03/2020 - 11:13

I can go only in summer vacation because we have not sea or ocean. This summer I have been in Montenegro, i like it very much. I saw how people catch octopus, crab and sold on the beach.

Submitted by theguest22 on Sun, 22/03/2020 - 14:06

unfotunitly, we don't have sea in my country, but there are many lakes, that lakes are as big as the sea , it has beach also , the last picnic I went there spent all day, and I sleep there with my brothers and Uncle and friend, we fishing and play and took photos, it was amazing picnic, there was some difficult things facing us , but it were fun

Submitted by piyush_bpin on Sat, 21/03/2020 - 20:19

I enjoy going out and visit beach especially when it is sunny. My favorite beach is Santa Monica beach. There is so many things to do for everyone regardless of their age limit. I love to watch stunning view of sunset from the pier. This beach is famous for its cleanliness and surfing. Every weekend surfers from all around the city come and do different stunt on the wave. It is absolutely different feeling when you see children making sandcastle and playing in water. There is so many restaurants which serve authentic dishes from different cultures. Finding parking for the car is usually not a problem unless it is weekend or public holidays. However, many public transport authority offers buses from every corner of city which is very convenient and eco friendly way to travel. I reminds me about my childhood. Thanks to the city for maintaining its beauty and popularity.
Hi, I liked your comment because I got some words that help me to improve and proficiency my English.
Thanks. I got some words= I found many words which helped me to improve my command on English language.

Submitted by Scommel on Mon, 16/03/2020 - 15:10

Do you go to the beach? If so, what do you like to do there? going to the beach is one of my favorite activites, i do all kind of stuff when i am there , swimming , lie on the sun for 2 or 3 hours , building sandcastles (when i was kid :)).

Submitted by vilma caram on Sat, 14/03/2020 - 21:43

I love going at beach.I enjoy a lot the waves and swiming. I have got a kayake and I sailing across the river and arrive at the other side where are islands and a beautiful places.

Submitted by wcyam10 on Wed, 19/02/2020 - 05:20

The place where I live is far away from the beach. However, my father loves to go to the beach. He brings us there at least once in a month. He would drive 3 hours just to enjoy the breeze at the beach while watching me and my mother swim in the sea. For me, I love to do water-skiing and take banana boats ride. Dear admin, would you pls let me know if the grammar and the sentence structure for the phrase above are correct? Thank you for your help.
He brings us= he takes us He would drive = he drives .... Please admin make some comments on my reply as well Thank you

Hello wycam10,

We read every comment made on our site and we try to answer as many as we can. Where our users have questions about the language, we try to help, especially when the answers may be helpful to other learners. However, we don't correct or proof-read user posts. As I'm sure you can imagine, we have many users on the site and it's simply not possible for us to provide correction for some many users.

The LearnEnglish

Submitted by ana33 on Sat, 15/02/2020 - 15:49

I`d like to swim in the sea and walking at the beach.

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Sat, 01/02/2020 - 23:42

In the sea, I'd like to swim, On the sand, I'd like to play a beach volley. *ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭*