Emails about studying in the UK

Learn how to write an email to find out about language courses in the UK.

Reading text

From: Simona Reggia
To: City Language School
Subject: Courses in August

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am interested in taking a two-week course in August. Are there any places available, and what are the start dates?

Also, do you have any accommodation for those dates?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Simona

From: Susan Colworth, City Language School
To: Simona Reggia
Subject: Re: Courses in August
Attachment: accommodation_info.pdf

Dear Simona,

Thank you for your interest in our courses.

Courses

• Yes, we have places on all our August courses.
  • Start dates are 7, 14 and 21 August (Mondays).

Accommodation

• Yes, we have rooms for students near the school. I am attaching some more information, photos and the prices.

Which course would you like, and which start date? If you would like accommodation, please let me know soon, as it is very popular.

Feel free to email me with any other questions.

Regards,

Susan Colworth
Course Administrator
City Language School

Tips

1. If you don’t know the name of the person you’re writing to, write Dear Sir or Madam.

2. If the person who wrote to you gave you their first name, you can use it. Hi is less formal than Dear.

3. To reply to someone’s email, start with Thank you for your email / your interest / the information.

4. Say I am attaching … or Please find attached … to tell someone what you have attached to the email.

5. Finish with Regards, and your name.

Submitted by ANOUAR on Tue, 16/11/2021 - 12:19

Yes I would like to study in UK because it has one of the most famous universities in the world.

Submitted by Bena - Mustafa on Sat, 30/10/2021 - 22:33

yes, I hope to join some course in UK to improve my English skills to communicate with people . whoever to find it ?

Submitted by Suraj paliwal on Fri, 29/10/2021 - 12:50

Yes, I would like to study in Europe anywhere. I'm learning English for this reason. I'm happy to study in the Europe. Europe is very good place for study. There is a very interesting places that I would like to see.

It’s a really good story 😊
When I was little, I dreamed of studying in America. I was constantly sending letters to different universities , ridiculously composing them

Submitted by LamVanPhuong on Fri, 29/10/2021 - 09:37

yeah of course, it is will a opportunity for me to practice my english,

Submitted by DW on Mon, 28/06/2021 - 08:34

Studying abroad is a dream for me. But studying in the UK is too expensive for me. If I really have the opportunity to study oversea, I think I have to choose a location where the cost of living is cheaper!

Submitted by DarwinM on Wed, 05/05/2021 - 21:12

Yes, I do. I'd like to study English in the UK because of their accent. Also, studying in a English-speaking country is an opportunity to practice efficiently. Finally, the UK is amazing place that everyone will enjoy visiting, I think.

Submitted by mirtha on Mon, 03/05/2021 - 20:22

Yes, I would like to study in LAL summer School UK.

Submitted by Ehsan on Sun, 11/04/2021 - 08:43

yes of course. especially I would like to study the English language because it is their local language.

Submitted by victor.07 on Thu, 08/04/2021 - 23:23

Yes, it is my dream

Submitted by Dibesciak on Tue, 06/04/2021 - 22:30

Yes, I am applying for the course at University in the UK , I need to pass English exam , that's why I am learning on this site :)

Submitted by Giuliana on Mon, 05/04/2021 - 02:45

Yes OBVIOUSLY well, who not? I really would like to study in UK but not only for improve my english also for meet to new people and know new places and other things. This is one of my dreams and I hope one day to comply it :)

Submitted by Andrea Valencia on Sat, 03/04/2021 - 21:42

Yes, I would like to study English in the UK.

Submitted by Camila Abreu on Wed, 31/03/2021 - 21:01

Of course yes. But I would need to think of on alternative to study English with my daughter, who is only 05 years old.

Submitted by MikhailZatopliaev on Mon, 22/03/2021 - 23:24

O Yes. I would like to study in the UK. I have never been to Europe, though very want all time.

Submitted by TIa vinaka on Sat, 13/03/2021 - 02:59

Yes I'd like to when this thing gets back to normal, I will go abroad to study or work. maybe it will be not in the UK, because it costs too much for me and I guess difficult to find a job with my poor English.. but one day!!

Submitted by Bau on Thu, 04/02/2021 - 19:33

Yes, I would like to study in UK. I am living in Liverpool. I have had a ESOL testing with E3 but there is no class for me at the moment. I hope I could take an ESOL English class next time.

Submitted by Victor Hugo on Thu, 04/02/2021 - 16:32

of course, I'd rather study abroad and studying in the UK is my dream since I was a kid. It's the reason why I'm learning English now. I hope it will become a reality soon.

Submitted by ANOUAR on Wed, 03/02/2021 - 12:11

Yes I would like to, UK is a great country which has a history in science and culture, actually i don't know which carrer i will pursue in the future, but whatever i pursue, i will definitely want to continue my studies in the UK...

Submitted by In on Wed, 27/01/2021 - 10:10

I`m no interested to study in the UK, never was a place that calls my attention.

Submitted by German on Fri, 15/01/2021 - 23:21

Yes, I would. I wolud like to study a master in administration in the UK.

Submitted by Adli Hijazi on Sat, 12/12/2020 - 12:10

Of course. I am a recent graduate from Al-Isra University in architecture engineering and I would like to complete my education by enrolling in a master's degree so I have to get a high band in the IELTS test to do that.

Submitted by Leonardo de Souza on Sun, 15/11/2020 - 15:18

Yes, I really Would. Currently I'm studying English because I want to study abroad. However I need improve my English skills to be able enough to approve on proficiency English exam.

Submitted by Babydoll on Sat, 24/10/2020 - 20:58

I was student here and I completed my college. I have to say I did enjoy study because it was a lot fun and found some real friends.

Submitted by raginirags on Sat, 24/10/2020 - 12:05

yes i'd to study in uk

Submitted by joselo on Mon, 12/10/2020 - 03:33

Absolutely. I definitely want to study in the U.K. Actually, I feel lucky for having traveled to U.K. a couple of times. I hung out in London for a few days where a visited museums and walked around the Thames river. It is an astonishing city.

Submitted by Moon Wathan on Sat, 10/10/2020 - 07:25

Yes, I would like to study in UK. I want to study in UK. So, I try to get scholarship to study in either UK or Switzerland specialized major in political science. So now, I try the best in English.

Submitted by Pola on Sun, 27/09/2020 - 18:24

Yes, of course, I would like to know for interior designing courses that are my dream in my new career and also I'm hearing of about the UK courses, and this country they've professionals at any field, they really experts.

Submitted by Khin Myat Thwin on Sat, 19/09/2020 - 14:54

I would like to study in the uk if I have a chance to do, especially in Oxford and cambridge. What I meant by this is all the books I have read to learn english since I was young are coming from these two countries which are very famous in non-english speaking country. I am familiar with these countries, so I would like to come and learn there because they are like educational cities which teach english learners an english thankfully and benevolently.

Submitted by shironeiko on Mon, 17/08/2020 - 18:59

I'd love to take part in a short course in UK. Every fields is possible. It will drive me to get more and more experiences which I really need in my teenage years.

Submitted by Maria19 on Sat, 15/08/2020 - 21:03

Yes, that can be a great idea. Because it is the best way to practice and learn English well.

Submitted by walotaibi on Thu, 13/08/2020 - 09:40

Yes, I would. My dream was to take an English course in the UK. Because I am in love with the UK accent. But my family did not accept this decision. They feel worried about me because I was a little lady.

Submitted by Phan Bao Dung on Mon, 03/08/2020 - 18:14

Yes, I would like to study in the UK. Because I can practice my English and also here has a lot of high-quality universities in the world. I will be engaged in the learning environment with relatively good learning conditions. This allows me to access advanced technology and science easily through modern teaching and learning equipment.

Submitted by Venus on Mon, 03/08/2020 - 15:04

Of course, who wouldn't. For the sake of sharing best practice and solution, I have always wanted to enter The Core Training of Internal Medicine in NHS , however, sadly, this will not happen anytime soon because of the pandemic. I would like to savour each and every popular destinations starting from the 400-feet high London Eye to Lake District. Spending an evening cruising the famous Thames river, gazing at the Big Bang and Tower Bridge whilst the european wind is dishelving your hair, will be truly nostalgic. Moreover, the fact that the century-old architecture as well as lavender fields of the England Isle will provide fascinating instagram photos is crystal clear. Last but not least, one should set sail for The Oxford University which is one of the world's ivy league universities before setting your foot off the United Kingdom.

Submitted by Hibiki Sato on Wed, 22/07/2020 - 09:02

Yes. I would like to study in UK because I want to learn English there. In recent years, American English has been regarded as the mainstream, and it has been taught in Japanese school education, and many people mistakenly think that English was born in the United States. However, English was originally born in England. I think that learning English in the country in which it was born can help you learn more about the origin of the language, and thus improve your understanding of English. In addition to that, I like soccer very much. My favorite team is Liverpool FC, watching a Liverpool FC match locally is one of my childhood dreams. Additionally, it is said that the Premier League is currently the highest league in the world, and soccer fans around the world want to watch the game at least once. Because of these things, I would like to study in the UK.

Submitted by sakura on Wed, 22/07/2020 - 06:07

Yes. I want to study in the UK. Because the intonation of English is very beautiful in the UK. I learned American English intonation in middle and high school. But I've always been fascinated by British intonation and wanted to learn it too. I've been to New Zealand. New Zealand is a British-speaking country, so we have the same pronunciation. I was in high school at the time, and I was feeling a little uncomfortable with the pronunciation. It wasn't very strange, but it was not a word I had heard before and it took me a while to understand it. After I got used to it, I realized that British English is a beautiful language, and I started to be attracted to it. I won't have the chance to go to New Zealand again, but my current university program includes a short-term study abroad program where students study abroad for three months at a pre-determined location. One of them was to study abroad in Ireland. I decided to study abroad in Ireland because I thought it would be a great opportunity for me. I heard that Ireland is a very historic city and is known as a very friendly city in the UK. However, I heard that they have an accent. It might not be a good lesson in intonation, but beautiful pronunciation is not the only way to learn English. So I feel that this study abroad program in Ireland is a good opportunity to get to know the local English pronunciation.

Submitted by Hashimi on Mon, 20/07/2020 - 08:26

Yes. I am planning to study my Master's Degree in the UK

Submitted by grainpleaser on Sun, 12/07/2020 - 13:47

I'm really looking forward to study in the UK, especially at University of Surrey. I've been practicing my English to take IELTS Tests and some scholarship test. Please wish me luck.

Submitted by Ronake on Thu, 02/07/2020 - 00:56

Yes having my opportunity to study in the UK, is my biggest dream. I had it since I finished high school, but I couldn't afford to move to London to do my Bachelor's. Now that i finished my master, i hope to save some money by doing a second job, in order to go in London for my Ph.D. The UK is providing one of the best education in world, and excellent labor for qualified people. I hope it to doesn't stay only a dream. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Dear Simona I have seen your website and I would like to know more about your English courses. I'm interested to attend an English course for two months during the summer, in July and August. Do you offer courses during these months and do you have an available places for two people? What are the starts dates? Could you tell me about the price per month, and do you offer any discount if we come as group from 5 people. Also I'm interested in accommodation? I heard that you provide also accommodation at a reasonable price. Could you send me more information about it relate to price and what is included in the price? I would like to book in advance, but im looking to have it with two meals. Dear Rona Thank you for being interested in our summer school. Yes we have free place for those months. The start dates are from 1s and 15th August, you can choose which suits you. The regulat price is 100 per month, but if will come as group from 5 people i will make you a discount in total price for 20%, that mean you have to pay just 160 per two month. We provide accomodation, near campus with all facilities needed. The monthly price is 200 included two meals, but you have to share kitchen and bath with other girls. Im attaching more photos, and other detail information about the acoomodation. Please leave me know if you want to book acoomodation, because we have just few place available.

Submitted by Hennadii on Sun, 28/06/2020 - 16:01

I don't think studying in the UK is the option for me but I badly want to visit that country with all your history, architecture, literature and of course Premier League. I'm a huge fan of this stuff and a trip to England is my dream.

Submitted by Selin on Sat, 27/06/2020 - 19:20

Dear Sir or Madam, I have seen your website and I would like to know more about your Photoshop courses. I am interested in taking a one month course in July. Are there any places available, and what are the start dates? Also, do you have any accommodation for those dates? Thank you for your help. Regards, Selin

Submitted by Omer_moh on Wed, 24/06/2020 - 19:11

It would be my pleasure to study in UK not only that but also it is a chance for me to practice English with fluent people. Also I can identify one of the greatest culture in the world.

Submitted by Bella on Sat, 13/06/2020 - 10:21

Yes, absolutely. The UK is a modern and beautiful country where I and many other students wish we have an opportunity to go abroad to learn. I try my best to improve the English language to make my abroad studying dream come true. --------------------------------------------- Dear Sir/Madam, I have read your English course via the website. This course is helpful and suitable for me. I would like to know more information about your English program. I am interested in taking three months course which begins in July. I need to improve my speaking and writing skills. Would you have any class reasonable for me? I am foreigner, so do you have any advantage accommodation for studying? Hope you give me information soon Thank you in advance Best regards, Bella --------------------------------------------- Dear Bella, Thank you for your interest in our English course. I would like to give you more information about your question. If you need the details, please find the attached. I would like to summary some highlights: - English courses: + We open 2 courses that focus on speaking and writing skills in July. One starts on 2nd Jul and the other on 15th Jul. + You need to take a beginning test to evaluate your level. We will arrange for you in a suitable class. - Accommodation: we have two options + The dormitory near the school: a single room or sharing room. The price for each room as the attached file + The apartment near the school: more convenient with full furniture. Please let me know which course and accommodation you choose. If you need any other concerns, please feel free to email us. Hope you have a nice weekend Thanks and best regards, Lucy

Submitted by Clarissa on Wed, 27/05/2020 - 11:06

Dear Sir or Madam, I've seen the website of your Japanese courses for beginners. I've been studying Japanese by myself for three months, and now I would like to get into contact with real teachers. Your course seems perfect for my aims, notably because of the importance you give to conversation (even between beginners) and writing as ways of having a better understanding of the language's structure. Would you still have any places for the course starting the 1rst June? If yes, could you give me some instructions about the preparation tasks that are mentioned at the website? Thank you for your help, Regards, Clarissa

Submitted by Reza 2020 on Wed, 22/04/2020 - 02:40

Dear Sir / Madam I have seen your website. I am interested in taking a two-weeks courses on R programming. I was wonder if you share some information about this course. what are the start days? and how much is the tuition fee? are any accommodation available for students? Regards, Reza

Submitted by FRANCY JACQUEL… on Fri, 10/04/2020 - 14:26

Yes, i would like study en UK, beacuse i want learn other lenguage, too, i want know the culture country .