Changing a meeting time

Listen to two colleagues arranging a meeting to practise and improve your listening skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then listen to the audio and do the exercises.

Lucy: Hi, Anna. Do you have a minute to talk about the meeting next Tuesday?

Anna: Sure. We said 11, didn't we?

Lucy: Yeah, we did. But I have a bit of a problem with the time. Would it be possible to move it?

Anna: Oh, I see. We could postpone it to the afternoon, to 1 p.m., for example. Or bring it forward to earlier in the morning. What would suit you?

Lucy: Could we make it 9 o'clock? That would really help me. I have another important meeting in the central office at 12.

Anna: No problem. It's important you're there.

Lucy: Thanks a lot, Anna.

Anna: Do you need help with any preparation? Did you get the agenda I sent out?

Lucy: Yes, I did. And no, that's all fine, thanks. My report is ready and I'm looking forward to presenting it.

Anna: Great.

Lucy: I can tell Sven about the time change. I'll see him later.

Anna: Don't worry about telling Sven. I'll send an email to everyone to confirm the time has changed and with an updated meeting invite.

Lucy: Great. Thanks, Anna.

Anna: OK. I'm happy that works for you. We really need you there and it's good we don't have to cancel it.

Lucy: See you then. Have a good weekend in the meantime.

Anna: You too.

Submitted by helgamudanisse90 on Tue, 23/11/2021 - 18:45

Now I dont have to participate or attending any meeting because I am not working. When I was working, I often organized many meetings and also participated in many meetings. Every friday my team used to do fill an excell spreadsheet with what we achieved and the plan for next week. Based on that, it was easy to manage my agenda. Sometimes, we had many unscheduled meetings that was necessary to arranged time to participate.

Submitted by ANOUAR on Tue, 23/11/2021 - 09:27

In the past I was going to meetings in an association that I was a member of, their were alot of members so we were always discussing the meeting time whether we can postpone it to a later time or bring it forward to an earlier time or to move it to another day.

Submitted by LamVanPhuong on Tue, 16/11/2021 - 08:33

meetings I have to attend it is the store meeting at my workplace and group work in university with my teammate. In such time, I usually have to arrange a reasonable balance between study and work, it is quite difficult.

Submitted by azharbgskr on Mon, 15/11/2021 - 13:13

I have an online meeting with my friends tomorrow that will discuss about civics presentation. Actually, the meeting will be held today, but one of my friends can't attend because he has an urgent business.

Submitted by luongbaongoc on Fri, 05/11/2021 - 08:28

I will have an interview to join a project. Firstly, I chose 10 a.m on Saturday. But then I realized that I have to join the online classroom on Saturday morning. So I directly contacted the core team to move the meeting. And I postpone the meeting to 5.30 pm on Saturday. I hope I can pass the interview well.

Submitted by KyawMinThu on Tue, 02/11/2021 - 15:51

I have to go to the annual meeting of “SweetyHome Industry Company Limited”.The location is near KanDawGyi Lake and is held in the evening.
I don’t have any arrangement for this meeting because I attended as a special guest.

Submitted by vuhoap on Tue, 26/10/2021 - 14:00

Now I am a programmer for Agile development project. In an Agile development project, we have to attend these meetings such as sprint planning meeting, daily standup meeting, sprint review meeting, sprint retrospective meeting and backlog refinement meeting. It's not me, scrum master will arrange them.

Submitted by Suraj paliwal on Wed, 06/10/2021 - 01:37

I'm study in this time. So we don't have do meeting. we meetings with friends about chils and go to club

I work in a company where we design some systems for the reception of the TV signal. Every monday at 10.00 am we have a meeting to verify how proceed our work.

Submitted by SaraMessa on Tue, 13/07/2021 - 18:29

I'm a teacher in a primary school. I have meetings with my colleagues every monday. Before pandemic situation we met at school and we talked about students and didattics. Now we have virtual meetings using google classroom.
I'm a shopping assistant in Colombia, I always have meeting virtuals for Microsoft Teams, is more complicated communication for these media.

Submitted by Veronikka on Tue, 18/05/2021 - 17:41

I work for a company and I always have virtual meetings with my coworkers for talking about the state of our projects with clients. For organise these meetings, I do this steps: 1. I identify the people who I need in the meeting. 2. I check their calendars in Outlook, for finding the best time for everyone, then I send the invitation for everyone and I explain the target and the items for dealing in the meeting.

Submitted by Brona on Fri, 14/05/2021 - 10:45

If I talk about work , I have to go to client and supplier meetings. I arrange them through phones or emails. As per my personnel stuff I would setup a meeting with my hairdresser, beauty salon , my child's school teacher etc.

Submitted by Samqaid on Tue, 11/05/2021 - 22:57

I always have a meeting on every tuesday by zoon application with work time. I prepare my report about what i have achieved over week. we discuss about many problems and challenges which faced the team on field level and looking at the anticipated solutions Firsty, Our field manger is one managing the meeting and he take all point actions and suggest the action that will be takens and procedures that will be followed. he gives 10 minutes to every employee to talk . Secondly, we discuss about the last week action points. I will accept the invitation when i get it . The meeting rarely ring it towards to the earlier date

Submitted by tvkien on Mon, 26/04/2021 - 14:32

I usually have the daily meeting with the customers about the project I'm working from 10 AM till 11h30. We discuss about the requirement, the solution and so on.

Submitted by Suraj paliwal on Mon, 12/04/2021 - 03:28

In this time I am not working for any firm. I have meeting with my friends and teacher to talk about our courses.

Submitted by Majidaa909 on Tue, 06/04/2021 - 11:43

I usually take alarm to any invitations.

Submitted by Patrickqwer2 on Mon, 05/04/2021 - 03:14

team we need to create a meeting to conversation. regards

Submitted by MikhailZatopliaev on Sun, 04/04/2021 - 02:39

1 Hi, Galya 2 Hello 1 How are your? 2 I am Ok, thanks what about you? 1 Me too, thanks. Do you remember about our meeting? I send to you email with agenda last Friday. 2. Sorry, but I didn't check my mail, yet. Which time will the meeting? 1. At 9 o'clock on Saturday. 2. So early? Would it possible to move it? 1. Let me thing, we could postpone at 1 p.m or postpone at 10 a.m on Sunday? Which time do you prefer? 2. Sunday is Ok. 1. All right, I will send email to everyone with new time of meeting. 2. Thank you a lot.

Submitted by Alberto on Sat, 27/03/2021 - 11:01

i working at a siderurgic plant, and every monday i have get a virtual meeting which we tolking about industrial security and maintenance gestion

Submitted by Minh on Fri, 19/03/2021 - 17:02

That is an interesting question to answer. I remembered clearly when I was working for my company that our company had the meeting. At that time I was responsible for guiding many people in my district. Therefore, I had to prepare the presentation as well as the document for a number of people. With me this was the first time which was challenged by me because I have not experienced about the presentation in front of crowded people. However, I tried my best so I succeeded for the first presentation. Since then I got more confident to teach in the crowded people. That was a amazing.

Submitted by Daniela Palomi… on Wed, 10/03/2021 - 00:14

Currently, I'm not working, so I just have online meetings with my friends.

Submitted by Giuliana on Thu, 04/03/2021 - 17:12

At the moment I don't go to any meeting but except meetings of university but the honoraries depend of university

Submitted by Aye Thet Pan on Tue, 02/03/2021 - 16:46

This test is really hard for me.But i'll try do to my best next time and be carefully.

Submitted by vespinosa10 on Tue, 23/02/2021 - 19:34

the only meeting i´ve is the classes of my school

Submitted by Almira on Fri, 19/02/2021 - 14:34

I have no urgent meeting in a meantime but I take some online courses on zoom. I just arrange those meetings on google calendar to organize the meeting as well

Submitted by Syafiqah on Thu, 18/02/2021 - 01:49

It's very challenging and difficult.. I'll try to do my best next time and be carefully.

Submitted by In on Wed, 10/02/2021 - 08:26

I don`t have to go to a works meeting. I only go to social meetings for the moment and I organic everything by a phone call or chat.

Submitted by violet_girl on Tue, 09/02/2021 - 19:16

I have to move a meeting in my office because my colleague always wants me to postpone or bring it forward. after that I must send an email about time changes to all people in the meeting and confirm it again....it isn't easy job:(

Submitted by Sara Kalafat on Sat, 30/01/2021 - 18:00

i will go to a job meeting tomorrow which will be at 10 am, it has been arranging by the company that i will work with them for

Submitted by German on Wed, 27/01/2021 - 02:16

I have to go to meeting with my customers whose are weekly and I arrange the meetings when I speak with them and we confirm the date and time.

Submitted by REEEEEEEEEEEEE… on Thu, 07/01/2021 - 08:10

i'have been forced at school to make this HELP ME

Submitted by Minh on Wed, 06/01/2021 - 19:47

Well. at this moment I haven't arrange this, but I have organized the events for customers before that was crucial event in my company. If I remembered clearly, these were succeeded. Therefore, my boss was satisfied with me, so I was appreciate the talent person who have ability to handle of works by myself.

Submitted by sevenseas on Sat, 02/01/2021 - 18:16

At the moment, none. I just write them on my calendar and organize in order of priority,

Submitted by Suraj paliwal on Fri, 01/01/2021 - 07:31

Yes, I'm a student so my meeting with classmates at 1.00 pm on zoom. In this pandemic, the students affect most. His learning and reading has stopped. In India classes close since 1 years.

Submitted by Rabia Syed on Thu, 31/12/2020 - 14:28

I have a meeting at 11 o'clock about our business Agenda. The will organize on Mobile app. I bear the net problem issues here. So this will having little bit problem for me. Let see How i can manage.

Submitted by fariba on Sun, 27/12/2020 - 08:18

i take part some meeting and i usually arrange well.

Submitted by Khin Yee Mon Khaing on Thu, 24/12/2020 - 15:42

I don't have to go to the meeting.

Submitted by Esther_arvar on Wed, 09/12/2020 - 19:53

I am need to go meetings for my school, and I organizate with a agenda

Submitted by DJ Singh on Tue, 24/11/2020 - 12:15

We have our meetings in our offices' meetings rooms on regards to our ongoing project. The meeting organizer arranges our meetings on the official calendar. Which reminds us when the meeting is about to happen.

Submitted by Pola on Wed, 04/11/2020 - 17:37

My job isn't to make any official meetings but it just talking, there's no papers or presenting.

Submitted by Ana Luisa Sanc… on Wed, 04/11/2020 - 03:20

At this moment, I have some interviews for get jobs, Usually I am available any time

Submitted by kzmyr on Sun, 01/11/2020 - 20:21

Submitted by Barbora V on Mon, 26/10/2020 - 11:39

I ´ll have an on line meeting with my classmates of English course tomorow. It will be something new due the new sanitary situation in my country.

Submitted by Suraj paliwal on Fri, 23/10/2020 - 12:47

I'm still a university student.

Submitted by Samqaid on Tue, 20/10/2020 - 15:56

I have an interview meeting next Sunday with UNDP. . I always prepare a meeting on Zoom application with my line manager. I'mlooking forward to hearing from him again. I always prepare it well. The meeting will be 11 next week. . We will discuss about work agenda. What were results and achievements of already program
hello, i won a conversation with any person but i dont know how to i talk any one please guide me??

Submitted by Kirk on Wed, 18/11/2020 - 16:42

In reply to by muhammad sajjad

Hello muhammad sajjad,

I'm afraid our House rules don't allow you to share personal information such as your contact details. You might want to check out our Facebook page.