Text messages to a friend

Read a text conversation between two friends to practise and improve your reading skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and do the exercises.

Reading text
Neira
online

Hi Aziz! Are you there?

15:57

Hello? Hello?!?

16:03

Hi! I'm here! I'm here.

16:04

Good. smiley

16:04

What's up, Neira?

16:05

Would you like to meet for a coffee?

16:05

Yes! When?

16:05

I'm working now, but I finish work at five. Maybe at 5.15?

16:05

That's difficult for me. Can we meet 30 minutes later?

16:06

OK. Where?

16:06

The Blue Café is nice. I love the tea there. heart

16:07

It's closed on Mondays. Let's go to Rocket Boy. It's new.

16:08

Is it good?

16:08

It's very good!

16:08

Where is it? I don't know it.

16:09

It's next to the school. See you there?

16:09

See you there at 5.45!

16:09
Do you need to improve your English reading skills?

A1 English level (elementary)

Submitted by pacha809 on Fri, 06/03/2020 - 10:28

Where do you meet your friends? What time do you usually meet? In our small village, there's a lot of activities for people of the third age. We usually meet our "old" friends when we participate at the activities. We also meet friends at the restaurant We usually have our meetings at noon. At our age, It's better for our digestion

Submitted by ademyonet on Wed, 26/02/2020 - 20:47

I usually meet to dormitory with my friends. In the evenings we make tea conversation.

Submitted by Alaa Basha on Thu, 13/02/2020 - 16:36

In fact I used to have one friend whom I meet at a net cafe in the afternoon.

Submitted by Noah the pro on Thu, 30/01/2020 - 11:51

i love turtles

Submitted by MaryaSun on Sat, 18/01/2020 - 14:44

Hi, i usually meet my friends in the historic centre of my city and we go together for a walk or sometimes we have a brunch . We eat pasta or an ice-cream or fruits. Durig the summer we usually go to sea together and we spent all day together there.

Submitted by shahhoseini on Sat, 04/01/2020 - 05:49

I usually meet my friends at my house. I invite my friends and their family for dinner or for lunch.
Profile picture for user Magedelabd

Submitted by Magedelabd on Thu, 26/12/2019 - 11:06

Usually I meet with my friends in the club . because it is a quite place and all the people the are engineers like us . and we meet usually in our days off.
Profile picture for user hoailinh

Submitted by hoailinh on Mon, 11/11/2019 - 02:22

The fact that I haven't got many friends. But, I have any best friends. Sometimes, I meet her at her home or my home. Then, we go shopping, coffee, eating, etc ... I usually meet my friend on my free day or sometimes after work. On that days, we often chat, talk about work, life ... And I feel relax when I meet my friend.

Submitted by Abdelmouttalib on Thu, 17/10/2019 - 23:01

I usually meet my friends at coffee after 6 o'clock pm.

Submitted by Siti Fatimah on Thu, 10/10/2019 - 05:53

I am so sad, I feel now I dont have a friend that can be accompany . They are bussy with their activity and their new friend else :(. Anybody wanna be my friend :D

Submitted by beginner on Mon, 26/08/2019 - 12:54

we used to meet at class and stay together till to left home
Profile picture for user TP

Submitted by TP on Sun, 04/08/2019 - 04:16

Nowadays, it is really difficult to tell where I meet my friends due to our busy schedules. Anyway, we usually meet at my place or one of their places.
Profile picture for user teddysl

Submitted by teddysl on Sun, 04/08/2019 - 04:14

we don't have particular time or place it could be anywhere
Profile picture for user randyjay

Submitted by randyjay on Sun, 04/08/2019 - 04:10

All my Friends are Have a Job, Sometimes i meet they after 6 in the evening,and somedays we all together meet in weekend

Submitted by Santika on Thu, 01/08/2019 - 04:19

At school and university I meet my friends (male/female) anywhere in the school and university environment. We usually meet anytime. We meet each other without any discussion before. They find me then we get together. It's up to them. At the office, outside my job as helpdesk years ago, I only meet friends that sit in the same room with me and their friend who come to visit them then go with them if they ask me to go with them. When I still work at the office an old friend ask me to meet in a building (where there are a hypermarket, shops, food courts, restaurants, and fast foods) near my office then she finds me where ever I am there, after we met, we decide where we want to eat. The other old friends visit me in the office as guests without exact times but surely I vacant for them on that time. So, in this lesson I learn to communicate and discuss well to plan a date.

Submitted by Winterson on Fri, 26/07/2019 - 23:25

Congratulations for your reading excersises... !!

Submitted by Julia Rahma on Thu, 18/07/2019 - 03:20

I meet my friends in the mall or my house, we usually meet at weekend or weekday and if we just have a time to hangout

Submitted by Jamileh on Sat, 13/07/2019 - 09:30

I meet my firends at different place. some times in park. some times in cafe or restaurant

Submitted by cittàutopica on Fri, 05/07/2019 - 12:32

I meet my friends at the bar or at the cinema or at the theatre or at the resturants. I usually see my friends at afternoon or at evening.

Submitted by ximenita on Sat, 08/06/2019 - 21:35

I mette my friends ayer bar! After whork a 8:00 o clock

Submitted by sally abbas on Thu, 30/05/2019 - 19:13

I usually meet my friends at wok from the morning to the afternoon and made work togather .

Submitted by Praveen kumar on Tue, 28/05/2019 - 07:41

usually I meet my friends at collage

Submitted by Setareh on Sun, 19/05/2019 - 03:19

I meet my friends in the park , we usually meet each other at five o'clock;

Submitted by Zilola on Sat, 18/05/2019 - 08:20

I always meet my friend after work in a cafe for talk about our future plan.

Submitted by Aye Aye Aung on Fri, 10/05/2019 - 10:18

I always meet my friend after work. We go to the night market, where is many of food shops.

Submitted by SaraA on Thu, 04/04/2019 - 22:01

I meet my friends usually at weekends in a cafe or restaurant. Sometimes we decide to break out the work days routine; we meet after work at 5 to 5:30 to drink coffee or just to walk.
Profile picture for user Stanley Alvarez

Submitted by Stanley Alvarez on Thu, 14/03/2019 - 14:20

I usually meet with my friends at the University, because, it's a central place on the city. Additionally, at University we can find any places to share with friends. There are cafés, gardens, tables and chairs where we can sit, drink and talk about anything.
Profile picture for user mtalebi

Submitted by mtalebi on Mon, 04/03/2019 - 17:32

I usually meet my friends at a fast food restaurant for dinner about 9 p.m.

Submitted by alfayed97 on Fri, 01/03/2019 - 13:34

I often meet my friends at their house. we usually meet to do homework at night about 7 p.m

Submitted by Estudent on Wed, 27/02/2019 - 09:57