Job adverts

Read the four job adverts to practise and improve your reading skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and do the exercises.

Reading text
Do you like cars? Are you friendly and do you like chatting with people? Would you like to make £200 a day selling cars? If you answered yes to the above questions, we’d like you to be on our team! (Driving licence required.)
Company
Motor Ground is a car sales company that buys and sells used cars.
Location
Chennai, India

We're looking for a marketing manager to manage an international team. Ability to speak English necessary. Salary is £50,000 a year.
Company
Groovy is a German clothes company that has shops in countries across Europe.
Location
Munich, Germany

French teacher wanted to teach children between the ages of 3 and 12. Applicants must have teaching experience. £15 per hour.
Company
LinguaFun is a language school that offers modern language classes to students of all ages.
Location
Singapore

Nurse needed in private hospital. Must be registered to work in the UK. £25,000 per year.
Company
Private hospital with 50 years' experience providing high-quality health care.
Location
London, UK

Submitted by nguyenquoctai6798 on Sat, 27/11/2021 - 03:00

I'm only work in my country, and i want to improve my english skill. Maybe after 1 or 2 year later, i want have a job in a difference country.

Submitted by ANOUAR on Mon, 15/11/2021 - 10:05

I would like to be free and be my own boss, so I would like the job of entrepreneurship and being a business owner

Submitted by LamVanPhuong on Tue, 26/10/2021 - 12:09

i think it is marketing manager because i can speak a little bit english, from this job i can improve my english and £50,000 is my dream salary.

Submitted by ayaabdo on Tue, 26/10/2021 - 00:57

I'd like to apply for a programming job.

Submitted by Marilyncc on Mon, 17/05/2021 - 18:03

I would like to apply for a job that helps me improve my skills in Machine Learnig field

Submitted by Suraj paliwal on Wed, 05/05/2021 - 05:52

I would like to manage the things. I want to become a businessman. I worked for it. I learn English fot it. I'm doing a graduation in economics.

Submitted by Brenda Patrici… on Mon, 19/04/2021 - 18:24

I would like to apply for an university teaching job.

Submitted by DarwinM on Thu, 15/04/2021 - 22:21

I would like to apply for a job that helps me gain experience in the area of electronic engineering, which is what I am currently studying.

Submitted by Aye Chan Moe on Tue, 13/04/2021 - 12:27

I'd choose the Nurse job as I love helping people

Submitted by victor.07 on Thu, 08/04/2021 - 23:13

I wouldn't like to apply for any of them because I like other jobs. I would apply to be a doctor

Submitted by mirtha on Wed, 31/03/2021 - 19:48

I would not apply for any jobs. I like Field IT world.

Submitted by Shadi on Tue, 30/03/2021 - 15:41

I wouldn't apply for any jobs , i had my own job .

Submitted by Andrea Valencia on Sun, 28/03/2021 - 21:48

I would like to apply for marketing manager in Groovy.

Submitted by MikhailZatopliaev on Sun, 21/03/2021 - 03:08

Nothing. I have a Job, and I don't have experience for thats work.

Submitted by Veronikka on Mon, 15/03/2021 - 23:56

I would like to apply to Motor Ground, because I like to chat with other people and I have experience in sales jobs as a real estate agent. I sure this job is ideal for me.

Submitted by Rano on Sun, 14/03/2021 - 20:13

I would like apply for Health job

Submitted by lnowakows on Wed, 17/02/2021 - 20:42

it shouldn't be 15£ PER hour insted of AN hour (task 2, nr.3)

Hello Inowakows,

Both forms (an hour and per hour) are correct and are widely used. There is no difference in meaning.

Submitted by In on Wed, 27/01/2021 - 10:18

I would like to apply for a job where I can use my creativity and my skills.

Submitted by Leila77 on Sun, 24/01/2021 - 07:57

I would like to apply for French teacher as I am a teacher and I have a good level in French. In addition, I really like being in Singapore, it's a wonderful country.

Submitted by German on Thu, 14/01/2021 - 00:44

I would like to aplly for a job as a Manager or CEO of the international companies.

Submitted by Tatiana barrera on Tue, 15/12/2020 - 02:51

I wouldn't like to apply to anything of the jobs in the text because I don't like to work in these places. However, if I don't have other option I would apply to the French teacher

Submitted by Nurieta on Mon, 23/11/2020 - 11:00

I would like to apply for a Airport job. I studying English with you and every day I learn lots of things. I´m sure, I will get it :)

Submitted by Ehsan on Sun, 15/11/2020 - 08:05

I work in an IT company. But I would like to work for myself.

Submitted by alexiaimogen on Wed, 21/10/2020 - 06:17

If I have a chance, I'd love to apply to become a criminal profiler.

Submitted by Moon Wathan on Fri, 09/10/2020 - 10:41

I would like to apply for French Teacher because It is suitable for me and I am a teacher in real life.

Submitted by habibao.medo on Sat, 03/10/2020 - 14:53

i would like to apply for a comfortable job which make me lazy girl

Submitted by Asni on Thu, 17/09/2020 - 21:43

I'd like to apply for a financial accountant, or a primary/ secondary mathematics teacher, or a project manager... The only job that is related to my studies is project manager, but I'd like to do some courses that might allow me to apply for the other ones. The idea is to widen my opportunities and expand my skills to different areas from those that I studied...

Submitted by Pola on Sun, 13/09/2020 - 18:34

I'd like to apply as a marketing manager, because I've been 8 years' experience in marketing field in the tourism particular, and the annual salary is for me it's really great and pretty opportunity, and I hope like this one for me.

Submitted by shelly on Wed, 09/09/2020 - 04:22

Among above position, I would like to be a marketing manager to lead an international team. I can speak English and understand other people who also speak English. As a marketing manager I could earn more money for my family even though I should take more responsibilities for my team, but I do not afraid. It would be a great honor if I could work in a German company as I learn German people are very serious and responsible.

Submitted by Roblox on Sun, 06/09/2020 - 13:57

I would like to apply for a job that makes me happy.

Submitted by sonjoy on Sun, 06/09/2020 - 11:54

Personally, i love to teach others because I have been working as a Lecturer of ICT from last 5 years.I think this is a novel profession and overall feedback of a good teacher is praiseworthy. However, it varies from person to person which occupation will be perfect for him but this is people passion to find out his career path form his own interested fields. Whatever, we are thinking about our goal ultimately without good work and understanding it is cumbersome to reach the destination,

Submitted by Faheem Khan on Wed, 19/08/2020 - 16:02

i would like to apply for a DC (deputy commissioner) post. because its very good job to help poor peoples and our country too.

Submitted by Maria19 on Tue, 04/08/2020 - 11:42

I want to apply for management positions. This kind of work is interesting and challenging for me. Despite the fact that I did a bachelor’s degree in education.

Submitted by fatfat on Thu, 16/07/2020 - 12:26

I would like to apply for French teacher job. Because I am a teacher now actually It would be nice to do different job so I should think a little more time.

Submitted by Youssef Er-rafay on Wed, 08/07/2020 - 18:24

I would like to to apply for a marketing manager , it’s not my study major , i have a law degree , but i incredibly like commercial law and corporate law , and i have plans to switch my major to marketing management in the future , and making a good living and working with people from all across the world

Submitted by Ronake on Tue, 30/06/2020 - 21:24

If I have the opportunity to choose one of those job positions, I would like to apply as marketing manager. Because I have degree in Economy, knowledge about the marketing field, and English skills. The annual salary is reasonable and also I enjoy working with people from different countries. It would be a great way to pick up some German language.

Submitted by Hennadii on Wed, 24/06/2020 - 13:29

Well, there is so little choice. I have a driving license but don't have driving experience, I also don't know French and I'm not registered to work in the UK. What is left? Marketing manager? I don't fully meet the requirements but what else I can do?

Submitted by Bushra.a on Wed, 17/06/2020 - 20:42

I already have a dream job .it’s a teacher in university

Submitted by Leonardo Lisboa on Mon, 15/06/2020 - 18:23

I would like to apply for engineering jobs in Canada. I had listened that a good country for my job.

Submitted by M19 on Wed, 10/06/2020 - 15:44

I enjoy working with children, so I would definitely go for the job of a school or pediatric nurse.

Submitted by Onur on Thu, 04/06/2020 - 13:33

I would like to apply for the car represantive position. Because, I am already a sales specialist who interest in cars. Moreover, I wonder and want to visit India.

Submitted by Shaista on Tue, 02/06/2020 - 10:46

I want to become barrister....coz I think I've better speaking experience and I'm able to...

Submitted by casssioesousa on Wed, 20/05/2020 - 18:52

I'd like to apply for a job as geography professor. In this moment, I'm studying for this.

Submitted by mouna99 on Sat, 16/05/2020 - 16:54

I would like to apply for drug maker

Submitted by Nyanko Neko on Sat, 16/05/2020 - 15:00

I like Manager job because Manager has a high salary, so if i have a high salary mylife will easier

Submitted by Muhammad Bagir on Sat, 16/05/2020 - 04:38

I would like to choose english teacher.