Changing a meeting time

Listen to two colleagues arranging a meeting to practise and improve your listening skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then listen to the audio and do the exercises.

Lucy: Hi, Anna. Do you have a minute to talk about the meeting next Tuesday?

Anna: Sure. We said 11, didn't we?

Lucy: Yeah, we did. But I have a bit of a problem with the time. Would it be possible to move it?

Anna: Oh, I see. We could postpone it to the afternoon, to 1 p.m., for example. Or bring it forward to earlier in the morning. What would suit you?

Lucy: Could we make it 9 o'clock? That would really help me. I have another important meeting in the central office at 12.

Anna: No problem. It's important you're there.

Lucy: Thanks a lot, Anna.

Anna: Do you need help with any preparation? Did you get the agenda I sent out?

Lucy: Yes, I did. And no, that's all fine, thanks. My report is ready and I'm looking forward to presenting it.

Anna: Great.

Lucy: I can tell Sven about the time change. I'll see him later.

Anna: Don't worry about telling Sven. I'll send an email to everyone to confirm the time has changed and with an updated meeting invite.

Lucy: Great. Thanks, Anna.

Anna: OK. I'm happy that works for you. We really need you there and it's good we don't have to cancel it.

Lucy: See you then. Have a good weekend in the meantime.

Anna: You too.

Do you need to improve your English listening skills?

A2 English level (pre-intermediate)

Submitted by amal.araia on Thu, 28/05/2020 - 23:36

Hi every one. I don't have any meetings to go to for the next two months, because it is summer break for my school. I am a teacher.

Submitted by Sharif Tayyebi on Wed, 27/05/2020 - 03:59

I have two kinds of meetings in our faculty. We usually have a meeting with Dean of faculty and other professors or assistant professors which takes place in an exact date every month. The date is usually at the beginning of each month. Beyond the monthly meeting we would also have another which named emergency meeting and it would be during a week and so. The process of arranging the date and time of meeting is that we often receive an email or phone call from the secretary of faculty. But, if there is no enough time to confirm the meeting and it's agenda by email, secretary usually calls to every participants. Sometimes, the Dean of faculty posts an agenda and the time and date of meeting in our watsup group. He usually notes that the time or date is ready to move, and the participants recommend their views. After many comments, the dean of faculty choose an exact and proper comment. Regards, Tayyebi

Submitted by Milena1 on Mon, 25/05/2020 - 16:44

Well, frequently I must go to the meetings that the Central Level of Study Control of the Educational Zone summons and I also summon and preside over the teachers' meetings for the discussion of qualifications, General Councils for decision making, as well as for document review. of students for granting degrees bachellor.

Submitted by Anna Goraj on Mon, 18/05/2020 - 21:07

My closet up comming meeting is to do clothing store on Saturday , after then I plan to make an appointment with a hairdresser , change my something interesting . I will go there with my car.

Submitted by Anna Goraj on Mon, 18/05/2020 - 21:03

Hi , my name is Ania . Im 35 years old . I live in a small village of Sieniczno with my family . I' m interested in music and interior decoration.
Profile picture for user Codjoah

Submitted by Codjoah on Mon, 18/05/2020 - 15:02

Hi I have to go to directors' weekly meetings. Befor going to that meeting, I used to prepare the implementation of weekly activities, the obtained out puts and the difficulties we faced in the passed week. And finally, present the planning of the next week activities.

Submitted by mm_xx1415 on Sun, 17/05/2020 - 23:06

Hello there, I have to go to the department's meeting arranging them by my car. Best Regards, Mohammed

Submitted by mouna99 on Sun, 17/05/2020 - 16:35

I go to my university meetings, they are planned my the dierctor, it's not me who arrange them

Submitted by Anna Goraj on Sun, 17/05/2020 - 14:33

My closet up comming meeting is to do clothing store on Saturday , after then I plan to make an appointement with a hairdresser, change my something interesting . I will go there with my car.

Submitted by Anna Goraj on Sun, 17/05/2020 - 14:27

Hi , my name is Ania . Im 35 years old . I live in a small village of Sieniczno with my family . I' m interested in music and interior decoration .

Submitted by quyenquyen87 on Sat, 16/05/2020 - 10:58

I have a meeting with some friends for 2 weeks ago.At the meeting , we discuss about idea to protect the environment . We plan to organize a specific time and date, how many people will take part in that meeting, is there any problem with the transportation .
Profile picture for user Sergei Baskakov

Submitted by Sergei Baskakov on Thu, 14/05/2020 - 13:58

I have to be in online meetings at 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. every day

Submitted by Milena Nikolova on Wed, 13/05/2020 - 05:55

I have a meeting every Day and usualy i use the Outlook.

Submitted by Lauracastanos on Tue, 12/05/2020 - 00:34

Hello For my meetings I have my calendar in Outlook

Submitted by Fatemeh.Najafzadeh on Sun, 10/05/2020 - 01:39

I used to work at a materials science company and l had a meeting with my colleagues and my boss every Monday at noon, regarding employees function. The meeting time was arranged by our director in advance.

Submitted by Muhiddin on Thu, 07/05/2020 - 18:04

Hi everybody, I just want to specify regarding the task-1. I am not sure about the correct anwer for sentence 4 in the task 1. I think the correct answer should be either "Anna is sending the agenda now" or the last one "Anna will send the agenda later.". please check and let me know. thanks in advance.

Hello Muhiddin,

In the audioscript you can see that Anna says 'Did you get the agenda I sent out?' This tells us that the correct answer is 'Anna has already sent the agenda'.

You can see the correct answers to all of our tasks. First enter your answers. Click 'Finish' to see your score. Then click 'Show answers' to see the correct answers.

Submitted by Dita Shafira M… on Wed, 29/04/2020 - 08:16

I'll meet my friends at 5 p.m to ngabuburit together because I'm fasting.

Submitted by AnitaPapior on Mon, 27/04/2020 - 22:10

My closest up comming meeting is to do food shopping on Tuesday, after that I am planning to book an appointment to eye specialist, the reason is that I want to change my glasses to contact lenses. I will go there by bus.

Submitted by AnitaPapior on Mon, 27/04/2020 - 22:04

Hi, my name is Anita. Im 33 years old. I live in a picturesque town Podzamcze together with my familly. I am interested in reading books and travelling.

Submitted by S.S on Mon, 20/04/2020 - 15:50

I have to go to internet meeting at the every Monday,Tuesday and Friday morning. So,I don’t have to move from my house.

Submitted by marwa111 on Wed, 15/04/2020 - 20:33

As a teacher, I have at least two meetings each quarter with my colleagues in high school. it allows us to evaluate the level of our students. We prepare a report about each class. The date of this meeting is fixed by the director before two weeks.

Submitted by nguyennga1994 on Tue, 14/04/2020 - 15:55

i always have a meeting with my colleague and my boss on Friday every weeks. we discuss about the results that we did in week and make a plan for next week. i had to make a report before the meeting start. sometimes we have to postpone the meeting cause my boss have a business.

Submitted by tmtri on Mon, 30/03/2020 - 04:52

OK in this lesson i have known about some new words and it's useful for my speaking english. Yeah, thanks a lot. i promise to practice my english every single day, this is my challenge to be more better in english

Submitted by Heba1234 on Sun, 29/03/2020 - 06:17

as usual with teachers they have meetings with their head of the department, so every Sunday I have a meeting with my head and we can say also with my management about how they can arrange these meetings just they by sending emails or by sending messages n what's app group that's it

Submitted by Ginapepa on Wed, 25/03/2020 - 21:10

I going to set a meeting up with all my clients. it would be through Skype because all this situation going on. The meeting will be around at 9:00. I already did the agenda and Just I need sent it out.

Submitted by Eswar on Tue, 17/03/2020 - 17:42

Only Meetings I go with My friends.that meetings are only in weekends.So everyone gathers. at that time we decide where should we go for dinner or lunch depends on That we will move forward

Submitted by Nourhhhan on Mon, 16/03/2020 - 00:53

Hello Can I chat with someone who speak English well cause I want to improve my skills!?
Profile picture for user Kirk

Submitted by Kirk on Mon, 16/03/2020 - 07:01

In reply to by Nourhhhan

Hello Nourhhhan

It's a great idea to chat with someone to improve your English. You're certainly welcome to chat with someone here in the comments.

I'm afraid, however, that our House rules prohibit users from sharing personal information such as phone numbers or email addresses. This is for legal reasons.

Sorry!

All the best

Submitted by jason2295 on Mon, 09/03/2020 - 21:04

I have a meeting with some friends from Franch school. Firstly I send a MSN with information and topics we will study, after I accept the meeting and I ask to confirm the place and date. If they have some problem, I suggest to change the metteing, bring forward, cancel or postpone it.

Submitted by pierreab on Mon, 09/03/2020 - 10:52

My only meetings that I have to go there, are to see my friends every morning for drink a coffee ... I have been retired for four days...:-)

Submitted by Giahaitruong on Wed, 04/03/2020 - 05:53

Last month, I had a meeting with my english consultant. First time, we prepared meet on Monday but in that morning and afternoon she had to meet her boss so we had to postpone it in morning the day after. Finally the meeting was successful and I could feel relaxed to go to Tet holiday.

Submitted by MaryaSun on Thu, 23/01/2020 - 14:57

i have rarely job meeting. Last tuesday i should have met my friend at 2pm but, suddenly, i couldn't meet her. The afternoon before i received a call about a job meeting for the day after at 2pm. i ask at the person who has called me if we can postpone the meeting or move it. But she told me that my request was impossible to accept. I was saddend. i telephoned my friend and cancel our meeting,so.

Submitted by rodrigobasso on Wed, 22/01/2020 - 17:52

It is helping me to learn english and improve my listening skills.

Submitted by john098 on Thu, 16/01/2020 - 17:33

hmmm... i'm a freshman. In my university, i was always forced to invite some letters and arts show where is not my things,...!!

Submitted by shahhoseini on Wed, 15/01/2020 - 06:26

I had a meeting with my students last week, but I move it to this week on Thursday at 8:30 p.m.

Submitted by Diemquynh9101 on Tue, 14/01/2020 - 09:29

I think i need go to meetings like buddy meeting, group discussions or business planning meetings. I can arrange them appropriately for my schedule..

Submitted by Dariusz on Fri, 10/01/2020 - 01:29

There are lots of reason to planning meet, but usually my typical meet is go out with my friends or girlfriend. I arrange our meet using my smartphone by sending a messages or ringing.

Submitted by Fredandy on Thu, 02/01/2020 - 16:42

I have a meeting about the activities of the last year. As all meeting, we send an email to all person who have been invited in the meeting. We prepare the agenda and all the documents which are important for the meating (for ex Presentation)

Submitted by doctornada on Wed, 13/11/2019 - 12:54

meetings with my patients she was confused about the operation so she aked me if she should do it or not .I decided to meet her in the sea.

Submitted by doctornada on Wed, 13/11/2019 - 12:44

i wish to bea doctor)

Submitted by f.agadr on Mon, 04/11/2019 - 13:16

f.agadr Hi everybody On my work place we always have meetings;I have nothing to do about arrangement,I have only to accept or refuse the invitations.

Submitted by Maksmatt on Mon, 07/10/2019 - 10:50

Hi everyone, I'm new to the course and this is my first comment. On my workplace we have usually to or three meetings a week, but I have nothing to do with the arrangement.

Submitted by ikmalzulkifli on Thu, 03/10/2019 - 06:21

Its getting tougher but still good