A flyer for a gym

Read a flyer promoting a new gym to practise and improve your reading skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and do the exercises.

Reading text

Best Body Fitness

About us

You don't want just a gym membership. You want a membership that means something. And that means you need support, expert help and a community.

Best Body Fitness isn't just a gym: it's a full-service fitness membership made for you.

Here's how it works:

STEP ONE: Your assessment

We begin with an assessment session. This is a chance for you to see what we do at Best Body. Our assessment plans are no-cost and no-risk. We'll also make a training plan specifically for you.

STEP TWO: Your training

When you decide to become a Best Body member, we show you what to do, how to do it and why you are doing it. After a few sessions with an expert private trainer you will feel comfortable working out on your own. But don't worry, we'll always be nearby if you have questions.

STEP THREE: Your membership

Membership works on a month-to-month basis. There are no sign-up fees and no cancellation fees. Start and stop whenever you want. And the best part? Our fees are the most competitive in the whole downtown area.

STEP FOUR: Your community

At Best Body Fitness, we see everyone as part of a big team. And when you work with a team, you can do great things. Join any of our specialised classes, led by expert instructors. Come to our nutrition classes. Participate in our regular social events. Everything is included in your fee.

Finally, we wanted to share with you some reasons why our members say that they have chosen us over any other fitness centre in the city.

It's so EASY

• Easy to start, stop, cancel or refund a membership
  • Easy to access – we're open 24/7, we never close
  • Easy to do exercise – we have lots of equipment, no long wait
  • Easy results – our trainers and equipment give you success, fast
  • Easy to find – in the centre of town, near public transport and with parking

It's WONDERFUL

• Wonderful members
  • Wonderful trainers and staff
  • Wonderful equipment
  • Wonderful energy
  • Wonderful location

Come and visit us for a personal tour!

Do you need to improve your English reading skills?

B1 English level (intermediate)

Submitted by omarsupreme47 on Wed, 08/01/2020 - 07:39

I started playing gym when I was 15 when I go to gym I would lift more weight which caused several problem like pelvic tilt Nerd neck and terrible posture now I'm 17 I don't recommend people under 18 to play gym
Profile picture for user mtalebi

Submitted by mtalebi on Tue, 07/01/2020 - 07:35

I only attended two month in a gym. Some exercises and nutrition are dangerous and they may hurt our body. I ran more on treadmill.

Submitted by Pablo88 on Fri, 03/01/2020 - 17:09

I’d like most in a gym the sequent items: - practice exercise in a wide and clean area; - motivational work out music; - a lot of fitness machine to avoid standby time; - professional trainers; - must have a easy parking to avoid stress before physical activities.

Submitted by Marta Lucia on Tue, 31/12/2019 - 01:45

I have to confess that I haven’t done exercise in my life, nevertheless, I am slim and healthy. When I see people in the GYM, I think that they should do the sport outdoors because the oxygen is better outside.
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Sat, 28/12/2019 - 13:18

I like stretching and exercise like aerobics. .‹‹\(´ω` )/››

Submitted by Fikymaulana on Sat, 28/12/2019 - 08:13

I don't really like to go to the gym. Because, I feel bored when I workout indoor. I like to jogging and cycling in the morning. But my favorite is swimming. I find that swimming is not only for physic exercise but also for theraphy to reduce my lowback pain.
Profile picture for user Dieudonné

Submitted by Dieudonné on Sun, 15/12/2019 - 18:15

What I like in a gym is the equipment, I like a variable and sufficient equipment that can allow every member to practice his excise. Sometimes in the gym where I work out, It lacks conveyor belts so I have to wait a moment before beginning my exercise that made me lose a precious time.

Submitted by Tajbibi Shamim on Fri, 29/11/2019 - 20:43

Lots of parking Bus route available Near city centre Easy access is very important for full time working person.

Submitted by Maksmatt on Sat, 23/11/2019 - 19:40

I would like best sauna, if there are one. I prefer to train outside.

Submitted by Ali Hussein on Tue, 19/11/2019 - 21:58

I like to have personal trainer that help me train without exhausting me

Submitted by ghyda'a sammour on Wed, 16/10/2019 - 00:17

I like it's open 24/7 and fees is coverage all services

Submitted by Mehdi.e on Mon, 14/10/2019 - 11:24

I like training in a privacy gym and with a personal trainer.
Profile picture for user stivenei

Submitted by stivenei on Sun, 13/10/2019 - 14:58

I think the question 7 in task 1 is the wrong answer. As I read in the text: "Easy to access – we're open 24/7, we never close.". Then the answer must be false?

Hello stivenei

The correct answer is True because if the gym is open 24/7, that means it never closes. So at 4 a.m. it is open.

All the best

Submitted by Nebulasa36 on Tue, 01/10/2019 - 19:11

What I like the must about gyms is having training plan for me, also the availability of various equipment
Profile picture for user KhanhHuyenwicked

Submitted by KhanhHuyenwicked on Tue, 24/09/2019 - 12:15

i'd like to workout at gym because at there i can practice by my own and i also practice with my instructor trainer

Submitted by Oussema3ahmed on Mon, 23/09/2019 - 04:41

I'm a fitness instructor so the gym is my life . I spend almost my time in gym training andď working . I really enjoy training each muscle of my body but my best day when i have cardio i really relished.

Submitted by lore on Fri, 20/09/2019 - 04:14

I like workout in the gym because I have trainer particular that help me with my excercise routine and I can achieve goal daily.
Profile picture for user mehrazin

Submitted by mehrazin on Thu, 19/09/2019 - 15:28

Hi i have membership at one of the best gyms nearby my house but the variety of the options have been offered at the gym in the text are absoloutly unique and so wonderful. I work pilatus but i sometimes prefer to use TRX sport equipments as a suitable exercise that my body needs.At my former gym liked participating in social events and tourism planning.

Submitted by Reon on Mon, 09/09/2019 - 02:52

I use a gym in my university. The students can use it free and there are various enough equipments. So many students often use it include me. I always use a treadmill to exercise but these days I have noticed that running outside is better and more fun. The gym is convenient when I want to run even a rainy day.

Submitted by cittàutopica on Thu, 05/09/2019 - 17:37

I joined the gym five years ago and I'm very satisfied. I work out from monday to wednesday: on even days I work out with a capable instructor and I'm a part of a pleasant group of women; on odd days I work out alone, but, if I need support, there's always an instructor for help.

Submitted by baxolupe on Thu, 05/09/2019 - 12:34

I like the oppurtunity to work out my different muscle with machines. The gym makes me feel good. I'm leaving the house.

Submitted by Coralko on Sun, 01/09/2019 - 05:07

For the question No-7, is it correct to write as the gym is open? I always thought it should be written in passive form, as the gym is opened.

Hello Coralko,

'The gym is open' is quite correct. In this sentence the word 'open' is an adjective.

The sentence 'The gym is opened' is also correct, but it has a different meaning. Here, 'opened' is a passive verb form and it tells us that someone has gone to the gym and opened it. In other words, this sentence describes a person's action, not just the fact of the gym being open.

Well noted and thank you very much for your kind explanation, Peter.

Hello baxolupe,

Please take a look at my answer to Coralko's question below. It is perfectly fine to say 'The gym is open'.

Submitted by raalatifah on Sun, 18/08/2019 - 03:12

what i like the most in a gym is, having my trainer nearby. because trainer will help you to choose what kind of exercise that suit my body needs

Submitted by popo1011 on Sat, 17/08/2019 - 07:59

In question 7, I really confused but I understand with your descriptions.

Submitted by linamar2893 on Wed, 31/07/2019 - 01:34

In my opinion what I like the most in any gym, is having a trainer nearby. The reasons why are: First of all, if you go to a gym and pay to have a trainer available, is because you are not an expert. So you will probably need some support to help you through the process of exercising your body. On the other side, if by any chance you get an injurie, they will also help you out giving you an expert opinion. You are not going to be alone out there. Someone else is going to support you to achieve your goals and get that summer body of your dreams.

Submitted by Sarooii on Sun, 07/07/2019 - 02:30

In the first task question 7, it says that the gym open at 4 o'clock in the morning but in the flyer it's mentioned that the gym open 24/7never close . I choose the answer false but it consider it wrong.

Hello Sarooii

There is a difference between these two sentences:

1. The gym is open at 4 a.m. ('is' = verb, 'open' = adjective)
  2. The gym opens at 4 a.m. ('opens' = verb)

The first one means that at 4 a.m., you will find the gym open if you go there. As you say, this particular gym is open all day every day.

The second one means that you can go in the gym starting at 4 a.m., which is the time people start working there.

Does that help you understand it?

All the best

Submitted by Assel on Fri, 05/07/2019 - 01:17

I am planning to attend gym classes. It will be very helpful if somebody assess my physical abilities. Also I wish I will regulate my nutrıtıon after joınıng to a gym. I most would like swimming classes and yoga.

Submitted by Praveen kumar on Tue, 11/06/2019 - 05:12

I do exerise like push ups and sit ups I love to do these thing every day.