Changing plans

Listen to two people talking about changing their plans to practise and improve your listening skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then listen to the audio and do the exercises.

Francesco: Sachi? Sachi? Sachiko!

Sachi: Francesco! Is everything OK?

Francesco: Yes. Yes. Sorry, I saw you and I was across the street … I ran.

Sachi: I see. What's up?

Francesco: Do you have the tickets … for the play?

Sachi: No, I don't. I'm going to buy them this afternoon.

Francesco: Oh good, good. Listen, don't buy tickets for this Friday.

Sachi: Oh? Why not?

Francesco: I can't go to the theatre on Friday. Something's come up. I have a concert this Friday.

Sachi: Another concert? But you said …

Francesco: I know, I know. I'm sorry. I forgot.

Sachi: Francesco!

Francesco: How about next week? Are you free then? I can definitely go next Friday.

Sachi: Francesco. You did this two weeks ago, remember? I had cinema tickets for the new Marvel movie and you changed the plans then too. For band practice.

Francesco: I know, and I …

Sachi: We also missed my favourite dance group. Because your band was playing at some child's birthday party.

Francesco: It was my nephew's birthday …

Sachi: Ha!

Francesco: OK, why don't we go out for dinner before my concert? Then, next Friday we can go to the play.

Sachi: Oh …

Francesco: Come on, Sachi. Just this one more time.

Sachi: OK, but promise me next Friday. OK?

Francesco: I promise. I promise!

Do you need to improve your English listening skills?

Submitted by carol alves on Wed, 15/04/2020 - 22:43

Yes, when I have a free day, I frequently make a plans. I usually go to the movie and next go out for dinner with my fiancé. We love it. I usually visit my niece, because she lives in a city far from here, and I missing her.

Submitted by Aye Chan on Sun, 12/04/2020 - 09:28

I have also a bunch of plans in my daily life. From Monday to Friday I goes to work. So, I have free time only on the weekends. On Saturdays I learn English to enhance my skills especially in listening and reading. On Sundays i usually hang out with my friends. But,on these days due to the corona virus i just stay at my home because staying at home is saving life. But, I have planned to study English and also German languages to improve my competency.

Submitted by babul chandra shil on Thu, 02/04/2020 - 04:43

i am make several routine for free time because i could not maintain routine.

Submitted by Daudau0601 on Wed, 01/04/2020 - 03:50

Yes, i have a lot of plans for my free time. I often improve my listening skill by listening to English song which i like. it also helps me relax after stress hour. In the afternoon, i usually play volleyball with my friend, i really like it. Beside, i am quite interested in editing video or images, so i download some app to edit them when i am free.

Submitted by Eswar on Wed, 18/03/2020 - 02:02

Do you make lots of plans for your free time? Yes in the weekends i would like to plan the free time .For example Walking on beach side road and do the things amazingly.And went for coffee shop with friends Had Some Dinner or etc.

Submitted by luongquocdinh on Tue, 10/03/2020 - 14:18

Every weekend, I often jog at long distances. Then, I come back my room, take a shower and clean restroom. After that, My roommate and I go to coffee shop to read book and play mobile game. Afternoon I nap a little time, then Maybe I watch movie on laptop or continue playing game or I will coding if I have a freelance project. Evening I go to english class.

Submitted by jason2295 on Mon, 09/03/2020 - 21:16

Really not, I prefer to stay home, studying, watching TV or sharing time with my family. But on weekends I go to drink some beers, go to the beach or see a movie in the cinema.

Submitted by Giahaitruong on Wed, 04/03/2020 - 10:45

I’ve been at home for 2 months because of the Tet holiday and Corona virus. In that time, I often played football with my friends. In the evening, we regular played pool near my house. Additionally I learned English when ever i can.

Submitted by Antares on Mon, 17/02/2020 - 16:54

Yes, I have. As a programmer who is just graduated from college, keeping learning is vital. Thus, every Friday I will go to Internet cafe with friends to relax, every Satuaday morning, I will play basketball, and then study program all afternoon, evening is computer game time. Sunday I will lie in, and then it will be same as Satuaday.
Profile picture for user ILYES

Submitted by ILYES on Fri, 07/02/2020 - 19:26

yes , every weekends. friday it is the day of weekends in my country . in this day i can do a many of activities like : play football with my friends , go to the cinema and meeting my cousins ........

Submitted by Montsesants on Tue, 28/01/2020 - 17:38

I usually make plans for my free time. Specially in weekends. I normally plan hakes and short trips in hotels around the beach and the mountains

Submitted by MaryaSun on Thu, 23/01/2020 - 15:22

when i have free time i would like to do new and amazing activities..for example walk on the beach, or to go to lunapark, or to visit an art city, or even a relaxing walk. i also love little and simple things. But i often don't do all of these because i don't have the right company. So, i often spend my free time at home :(

Submitted by shahhoseini on Sat, 18/01/2020 - 11:30

Yes. I usually plan my free time for some subjects. For example, studying, making a trip an so on.

Submitted by Dariusz on Sat, 11/01/2020 - 14:52

I usually don't make lots of plans for my free time. I try to make use of my free time to do a useful things like learn eglish for example.

Submitted by Fredandy on Thu, 02/01/2020 - 16:54

Actually, it's so diificult for me to make a plan. But il my mind, I have project and dreams about a small fest with my friend, about a travel in a rest place. At the beginning of this year, i will make plan so satisfy of these project and all my objectives fot the year
Profile picture for user Mohamad-Altaha

Submitted by Mohamad-Altaha on Sun, 22/12/2019 - 19:32

Actually, I don't have any free time, I always busy.

Submitted by Ahmed Ramadan on Wed, 13/11/2019 - 08:21

Actually , I usually make planes , but i do not commit it

Submitted by f.agadr on Tue, 05/11/2019 - 10:14

f.agadr Yes ,but I usually do it alone.

Submitted by Maksmatt on Mon, 07/10/2019 - 12:13

No, I don't. Usually I do activities on my own so I don't need to plan with somebody.

Submitted by salehisalehi65 on Fri, 04/10/2019 - 20:39

yes, i can say it isnt a lot, but ever i planing for mountain climbing plan or fishing plan or morning walking in the park, i did it and never change those plans

Submitted by ikmalzulkifli on Thu, 03/10/2019 - 06:29

this is a good pair of question , it helps me improve my language skills too

Submitted by abigail power on Thu, 19/09/2019 - 09:14

i have completed the following lessons of changing plans, a morning briefing and an invitation to a party. the level that i choose was pre intermediate A2

Submitted by abigail power on Thu, 19/09/2019 - 09:12

i have completed the following lessons of changing plans. the level that i choose was pre intermediate A2

Submitted by Aufa on Tue, 17/09/2019 - 08:42

I have completed the following lessons of A morning briefing, An invitation to a party, Changing plans and Changing a meeting time. The level that I chose was Pre-intermediate A2 Listening.

Submitted by OMER O ALHASSAN on Fri, 13/09/2019 - 19:33

Plan is important for our life, when we want go up. In least days I have plans for everything involving free time.
Profile picture for user Caterina Siligardi

Submitted by Caterina Siligardi on Tue, 10/09/2019 - 17:17

Yes,I do. But it's not my guilt. Often, when I'm thinking of doing a lovely activity, my son, or my daughters, ring me , " Please, I have a sudden engagement. Can you look after children?" It's a nagging situation, even though I love my grandchildren.

Submitted by Raqueline Monteiro on Wed, 04/09/2019 - 23:39

Yes, I do. I make lots of plans in my free time. I love ride a bike and cook new dishes. But, I am very busy and I don't have free time anymore. I am working a lot.
Profile picture for user jouhousama

Submitted by jouhousama on Fri, 30/08/2019 - 22:43

I like going outside on myfreetime with myclose friends. We usually shopping, watch movie, or just lunch. Sometimes i go outside by myself because no one is free. But, that's okay for me.

Submitted by Fudhol on Fri, 30/08/2019 - 08:22

I am used to spending my free time hanging out with my little family. I often visit a playground or garden to play with my son and make him happy, as in weekdays I am too busy and I don't have enough time to interact with my son that I use my free time in weekend to make amends for.

Submitted by dan on Sun, 25/08/2019 - 05:13

Hello. My life is a little bit routine. I don't have much plan. Work, family stuff, walking with my dog and learning English ( of course, for my job ).
Profile picture for user Magedelabd

Submitted by Magedelabd on Sat, 24/08/2019 - 17:31

I really have no free time . But if I have so I have a short plan for it .
Profile picture for user Luobowawa520

Submitted by Luobowawa520 on Thu, 22/08/2019 - 19:27

Finally made comments successfully! Don’t know why I couldn’t login in in past few months! I don’t have much free time since I wake up at 6am to go to the gym 3 times a week, then go for work a 8hours shift. After get off my work go home cook and play with my dog. Then, feel exhausted! So I don’t have much entertainment to plan I guess in the normal days!

Submitted by popo1011 on Mon, 19/08/2019 - 07:07

I have many plans such as reading, writing, exercise, do shopping, playing with childeren, traveling, going to park, going to movie, dancing,... But of all these I enjoy reading books.

Submitted by Toanrt on Wed, 14/08/2019 - 08:31

Yes I make plane in my mind then i'll will not waste my time ^^

Submitted by ayusisi on Wed, 31/07/2019 - 10:05

I don't make a lot of plans for my free time. Usually, In my free time, I'd like to lazy in my bad or hang out with my boyfriend at the mall or watch a movie. We really love watch movie and drink at coffee shop after finish watching.

Submitted by Sanda on Wed, 24/07/2019 - 16:29

Always I make plans: to go in town, to go to visit some friends, to see a movie. Unfortunatelly, sometimes I can't respect my plans. Because sometimes my schedule is too busy and other times I depend to other people. But, overall I think it's ok to make plans, because, otherwise you pass throught life without any purpose or dream.

Submitted by Myat Noe Htke on Mon, 15/07/2019 - 08:03

I have plans to do something in my free time that is reading , travelling , going shooping and joining with new friends that is my hoping.

Submitted by Haya1_ on Wed, 03/07/2019 - 16:37

I always change my plans

Submitted by César Árraga on Sun, 30/06/2019 - 03:52

Not many. Every now and then, I make plans for my free times or I sometimes act according to the circumstances of the moment.
Profile picture for user Angélique

Submitted by Angélique on Mon, 10/06/2019 - 12:19

Yes, everyday I have news plans. During my free time I like go to the beach, to make hiking,singing and dancing. I have always someting to make.

Submitted by Virydis on Wed, 05/06/2019 - 01:36

Yes of course, i found that evry person have to plan his life , because planning facilate a lot of thing and give you the possibilite to manage your time . personnaly i plan my free fine in ordre to enjoy it.

Submitted by hmzahidmir on Sun, 02/06/2019 - 10:21

But all your materials are very good and helpful for all students...

Submitted by hmzahidmir on Sun, 02/06/2019 - 10:20

Dear Sir, In this section there is not pdf file for hand writing practice so please if you attatch pdf file for hand writing practice then it will be fruit full for students to learn easily thanks
Profile picture for user Peter M.

Submitted by Peter M. on Mon, 03/06/2019 - 06:50

In reply to by hmzahidmir

Hello hmzahidmir, Thank you for the comment. We're updating a lot of the site at the moment and some of the pdf files have not yet been added. We hope to add them in the near future. ~ Peter The LearnEnglish Team

Submitted by Gustavo Mendez… on Tue, 28/05/2019 - 11:55

Yes I usually make plans for my free time, I am pretty organize with plans. Whit family we use travel to a near city from home and go to the shopping mall with our toddler.

Submitted by Tossa on Wed, 22/05/2019 - 23:53

I don't make lots plans for free time, but I enjoy doing photography. Addionally, other plans are espontaneous, for example when I travel to my town, my friends call me and we go out.