Vegan red lentil fritters

Learn how to make a delicious plant-based dish – vegan red lentil fritters.

Do the preparation task first. Then watch the video and do the exercises. Remember you can read the transcript at any time.

Today we're making red lentil fritters. And they're super simple, really nice plant protein and perfect for making, like, a big batch having on the weekend and then using for your lunch boxes and things like that. They're just really, really, really delicious, um, and so we're gonna get started.

The first thing that I'm gonna do is cook the red lentils and then once they're done just drain them and place them to one side. And you start by grating my carrots. I'm gonna be a bit lazy today and skip the peeling step. Definitely peel them if you'd like to.

I'm gonna chop up my red onion and my garlic. You want to chop them really nice and small though because they are gonna be mixed throughout, so you don't want massive chunks of garlic or onion or anything. Add those to the bowl as well. Then we're gonna add our gram flour, which is our chickpea flour, cayenne pepper, our paprika, a tablespoon of melted coconut oil, um, all of your red lentils and a really generous just kind of pinch or a couple of pinches of salt. And then give it a really nice stir so it creates a kind of good sticky mix and then we're just going to leave that to one side to let that set. And then once that's set, I'm gonna scoop out a large spoonful of the mixture and just use my hands to make them into patties, so we should make about 12 from this. And then heat a little bit more coconut oil in a big frying pan. Once that's hot, place a couple of fritters in the pan and cook them for like five to ten minutes or so on each side until they're golden on the outside and cooked all the way through.

© Deliciously Ella

Submitted by mcambindo22 on Sat, 26/09/2020 - 15:28

Yes, this is another way to eat and is a quite healthy food, and the best is easy to prepare, once in the morning when you wake up lazy hahaha. I like to cook it's a way for me to relax and express some ideas through food. I like preparing seafood, there are some dishes like ceviche and cazuela, the easier is ceviche and to this has different ways to prepare and depends on the country, the most famous way to prepare ceviche is from Peru but I am from Colombia and I could say that the most major difference between these recipes is that in Colombia people put ketchup into the ceviche.

Submitted by VIVIANB_D on Fri, 24/07/2020 - 03:14

Absolutly yes, I would try vegan red lentil fritlers. I like cook vegan food, healty food and quick recipe for less 30 minuts.

Submitted by senes19 on Mon, 29/06/2020 - 15:47

In fact, unfortunately I would not like to try this recipe. Above all, I belive best fritter is prepared from meat. It should be in the mixture. Secondly, narrator or presenter doesn't cook properly this fritters. I think she should use more meat. Finally, she shouldnt use an avocado as a sauce. Instead of this, she would prefer to pour yogurt. As a conclusion, lentil fritters are not suitable for me. I prefer to cook lentil soup.

Submitted by BANGTAN_JIAN on Fri, 26/06/2020 - 21:53

Seems delightful

Submitted by nikoslado on Mon, 27/04/2020 - 12:22

Dear Team Firstly, I send to all of you my best wishes for good health and strength,especially at these tough circumstances.Secondly, I'd like to comment, for one more time and from a foreigner's point of view-like me studying at B2 level-the live speaking of these videos.For example, listening to the today's, I realised only that it was about a recipe and nothing else.Then, I read the text and I saw that I had already known almost all the language and the stuff...and finally I caught all the text reading it.I asked a few friends- B2 learners and they told me the same conclusion: We can't speak about other levels or native speakers, but, speaking only for us in B2 level learners, it's absolutely a confusion listening to this kind of pronounce and speeding talking.After all, sometimes I suppose they talk with a kind of humour, metaphoric or using implications, innuendos..etc. Finally, all these sound like a mishmash or muddle causing kind of disappointment to us.But again...I am sure ...you know better... Ever thankful nikoslado

Submitted by OlaIELTS on Tue, 07/04/2020 - 02:43

Yes, I would. I like to cook Chinese fried rice.

Submitted by Ayzhan on Mon, 27/01/2020 - 17:10

Yes, I would like to try this recipe. I like to cook patties from potatoes and patties from meat.

Submitted by Vidyasagar on Sun, 26/01/2020 - 03:53

Yes, i would love to try this recipe. It looks delicious. I would make it the same way, but i would make a spicy Indian pickle to eat with.

Submitted by The Queen of Egypt on Sat, 25/01/2020 - 13:39

I would like to try this recipe but I would like to add meat. I like cooking, I like to cook Egyptian recipes and Arabian food.