A poster at work

Read an invitation to an office event to practise and improve your reading skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and do the exercises.

Reading text

Time to relax!

Come and join our lunchtime yoga class with experienced yoga teacher Divya Bridge!

When? Every Tuesday at 1.30 p.m.

Where? Meeting Room 7

How much? £10 for four 30-minute classes.

What to bring? Comfortable clothes. Divya will provide the yoga mats.

How to join? Write to Sam at Sam.Holden@example.com

We can only take a maximum of 20 in the room, so book now!

Do you need to improve your English reading skills?

A1 English level (elementary)

Submitted by Sultan2020 on Sun, 05/04/2020 - 04:39

whatever , I have time but I don't like this exercise thinks God I am Muslim and we have do the pray every day 5 time at each time around 10 minutes that's to much good and I very hoppy to join this website because now in fact improve my skills in this language thank you again this is great website

Submitted by ss on Sun, 05/04/2020 - 00:37

I had inquired about aerobic classes in our community where i stay but unfortunately didn't get a chance to join due to time constrain.

Submitted by Mau on Fri, 03/04/2020 - 21:30

Yes, I take yoga classes too. It helps me relax and it's a break from my own thougths.

Submitted by Sajeeb Hossain on Fri, 03/04/2020 - 17:25

It's My first comment. I'm very happy to join this learning platform. This is very important and useful place for one learner. Wow I'm sure that i will cover 90%. The rest is my wish and working.

Submitted by Itzelmont30 on Thu, 02/04/2020 - 01:52

yes i do,after school take class in the afternoon at my university

Submitted by nguyenminhphuc on Wed, 01/04/2020 - 16:31

the yoga is ready good for our health but I do not have time to enjoy it sorry teacher

Submitted by Mohsin on Tue, 31/03/2020 - 19:24

Hello, For now i'm not taking any classes outside my studies because i don't really have time to do,but i really would like to join to the gym,i hope that i will have time to do outside classes

Submitted by nguyenkytung on Sat, 28/03/2020 - 17:13

Before, I used to take classes outside. But not now. I have to study until 6 p.m. then I run in the park and go home them. I have many pretty homework so I don't have time for classes outside

Submitted by Nane on Thu, 26/03/2020 - 23:08

Hi I don´t have time to take classes outside my work. I finish late every day. But I would like to take cooking lessons. Regards, AM
Profile picture for user daria patskikh

Submitted by daria patskikh on Thu, 26/03/2020 - 17:28

I think i like yoga, but now i not doing it.

Submitted by Mamta Gusain on Thu, 26/03/2020 - 06:35

No, i don't do any class due to my busy schedule. as monday to saturday 9 to 6 i am busy in my office. there is only sunday left which i use to do my house chores.
Profile picture for user OlaIELTS

Submitted by OlaIELTS on Tue, 24/03/2020 - 13:55

However, I don't need any outside classes, except if this is organise by the firm where am working.

Submitted by Warrior1243 on Tue, 24/03/2020 - 03:32

Hello, I take Guitar class when I was young. Now, after word I take Master's studies at the University. Thanks for this webside. God bless your Team

Submitted by rpikeri on Wed, 18/03/2020 - 20:40

Yes, I do classes outside my work. I am doing water aerobic and walking.

Submitted by rivercountryside on Wed, 18/03/2020 - 03:12

I rarely do classes outside of my work. After work, I am busy to look after my family. I cook dinner, help my son to learn his homework and then I watch a movie before sleep.

Submitted by 함보민 on Sun, 15/03/2020 - 03:02

I go for a walk everyday. unless the whether is bad.
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Thu, 12/03/2020 - 12:07

I occasionally swim in the pool. ┏(·ω·)┛

Submitted by New_user on Thu, 12/03/2020 - 06:32

Yes, I do attended a six month training session on electronic circuit design. The training was for around six months starting from September last year. The institute was located around 6 km from my home and I used to attend the coaching during weekends, mostly Saturdays and Sundays.
Profile picture for user Baxteenana88

Submitted by Baxteenana88 on Wed, 11/03/2020 - 06:24

Yes, I do. I take English classes with my neighbor five days a week for an hour.
Profile picture for user msn_nazari

Submitted by msn_nazari on Sun, 08/03/2020 - 17:48

yes i took the English class about 15 years age and that English course was every day except Fridays.and now i forgot most of them so i take part in online courses to repeat and remember.

Submitted by DiegoKC on Sat, 07/03/2020 - 02:17

Yes, I do Kyokushin Karate on monday, wednesday and friday.
Profile picture for user amit_ck

Submitted by amit_ck on Thu, 05/03/2020 - 05:09

I have some problems to understand this passage. Could you please rephrase the capitalized sentences? ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ BUT, IF TEA IS A FACTOR IN THE COMBINATION LOCK, WHY DIDN’T JAPAN FORGE AHEAD IN A TEA-SOAKED INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION OF ITS OWN? MACFARLANE NOTES THAT EVEN THOUGH 17TH-CENTURY JAPAN HAD LARGE CITIES, HIGH LITERACY RATES, EVEN A FUTURES MARKET, IT HAD TURNED ITS BACK ON THE ESSENCE OF ANY WORK-BASED REVOLUTION BY GIVING UP LABOUR-SAVING DEVICES SUCH AS ANIMALS, AFRAID THAT THEY WOULD PUT PEOPLE OUT OF WORK. So, the nation that we now think of as one of the most technologically advanced entered the 19th century having ‘abandoned the wheel’.

Hello amit_ck,

LearnEnglish is a site where we try to provide help on particular issues with English, but we don't provide explanations of texts from elsewhere, I'm afraid. If you have specific questions about the material on our pages (examples, explanations or tasks) then we'll be happy to help, or if you have other questions about how the language works. However, we're a small team here and it's not possible for us to answer questions like this which ask for explanations of texts from other sources.

Profile picture for user Sergei Baskakov

Submitted by Sergei Baskakov on Tue, 03/03/2020 - 17:47

Yes, I do. I play football every Wednesday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m.

Submitted by Mahmoud Kotb on Tue, 03/03/2020 - 08:17

Yes, I do. I learning English in the american university in Egypt

Submitted by Bluemoon-68 on Wed, 26/02/2020 - 18:21

yes , I have an online sport class.

Submitted by Abdirahman Ali Osman on Mon, 24/02/2020 - 09:59

I live in country where English is the second language so I do practicing English every day with my University classmates except Friday and Thursday
Profile picture for user ILYES

Submitted by ILYES on Sat, 15/02/2020 - 23:38

yes , i practis my english skills in private school every tusday and thursday , it's taken two houres in one classe

Submitted by Nilar Htun on Fri, 14/02/2020 - 06:47

Yes, I do, I take the weekend section of learning IELTS English.

Submitted by Kaofeng on Thu, 06/02/2020 - 01:17

Yes, I do. I often do some English classes to improve my language skills, both online and offline classes, because my job sometimes requires communication in English. Besides, I love English to bits. I always meet new people and get to know each other while do classes outside of my work. I also find online classes much more convenient for me to learn English and other skills such as negotiation. Plus, doing classes outside of my work also helps me relax and gives me more power to do my work the next day.

Submitted by ademyonet on Wed, 05/02/2020 - 15:35

Yes, I do. I take English lessons my free time. Also I always try to learn something and I dislike doing lazy.

Submitted by IGOR MELO on Wed, 22/01/2020 - 20:38

Yes, I do. I have english classes after work.
Profile picture for user Hoàng Nhung

Submitted by Hoàng Nhung on Fri, 17/01/2020 - 09:34

I have joined a volleyball class in every early morning before working
Profile picture for user Optimist

Submitted by Optimist on Fri, 10/01/2020 - 07:08

I'm learning programming now.

Submitted by mdiaz on Thu, 02/01/2020 - 17:02

At the moment, i am not doing any kind of activities but the idea is take piano classes and swimming clasess this month.

Submitted by Eswar on Fri, 27/12/2019 - 04:11

Yes I do Swimming After Finished My Work. For Every day Except Monday day . I thought swimming is best exercise to me.

Submitted by laratauan on Fri, 20/12/2019 - 12:03

Yes, I do football classes every wednesday before the college ones. I really like football and just started playing this year, such a new thing for me.
Profile picture for user ashrafsdmp

Submitted by ashrafsdmp on Tue, 17/12/2019 - 03:41

Do you do any classes outside of your work? Ans: Yes, I do. As I'm a student and part time teacher, I always try to learn something new. When I get free time, I do online class because it's interesting for me to meet different tpyes of people from all around the world. And from them, I can get many important suggestions and advice which help me very much.

Submitted by Philiph on Sat, 14/12/2019 - 11:27

no i don't do any classes outside of my work(is outside of means after also?), cuz most of time i spend on my computer games after i finished my work.
Profile picture for user Magedelabd

Submitted by Magedelabd on Thu, 12/12/2019 - 11:02

Yes I do classes outside my work . I do English classes every day for about 3 hours a day trying to improve my reading , writing , speaking and listening skills . I hope to get an EILTES high score ..

Submitted by amin hamidvand on Mon, 09/12/2019 - 05:14

yes, I go to the gym, twice a week after my work

Submitted by elit.sw on Mon, 25/11/2019 - 07:59

I used to take online courses in computer programming when I was student.

Submitted by le van son on Tue, 05/11/2019 - 16:00

Yes. I have two class after work, My company English class and gym class.

Submitted by Laura390 on Sun, 03/11/2019 - 04:48

I go to the gym where I take class of yoga.
Profile picture for user hoailinh

Submitted by hoailinh on Wed, 23/10/2019 - 03:07

No, I don't. But I like yoga. I don't have much time to go the yoga room or to take the class. so I taught my self by watching videos on YouTube. By this way, I save time and money for practicing yoga. However, sefl-study yoga makes some movements less accurate and less effective.