A weather forecast

Listen to a weather forecast and answer the questions to practise and improve your listening skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then listen to the audio and do the exercises.

Hello and good morning! Well, we're off to a good start in the south this week, as most of the rain from the weekend has disappeared – just a few patches of cloud and maybe some showers here on the east coast. They'll all clear up by lunchtime, though. Over the next day or so, London and the area around Kent can expect a couple of isolated showers, but mostly dry through until Thursday.

It's not such good news for the north-west this week, I'm afraid: more wet weather, and not a lot of sunshine. Some of today's showers will be heavy – and even thundery in Manchester and across the Pennines. Leeds will escape the thunderstorms, with drizzle and light rain only throughout the rest of the day and tonight.

Elsewhere it becomes dry today, but with some foggy patches towards Wales. In England, tomorrow morning will see a dry, bright start in most places, with high temperatures throughout the week. We might see one or two thunderstorms appearing as the week goes on, with temperatures everywhere at 29 to 30 degrees.

By the weekend, unfortunately, the dry weather will make way for mostly cloudy skies and rain. The rain will move from Scotland, down towards the north and reach the south coast by Saturday afternoon. Temperatures, at least, will stay mostly warm at around 21 degrees for the weekend. It might feel like a nice change from the high twenties and early thirties we'll see in the week. That's all from me until tomorrow. Enjoy the mini-heatwave while you can!

Do you need to improve your English listening skills?

Submitted by Mohamed Fawzy on Tue, 30/06/2020 - 17:24

I know you you guys want to make it real for us, but the teapot is making way too much noise for me.

Submitted by Federico Benitez on Thu, 25/06/2020 - 22:05

Fall is my favorite season

Submitted by Lizochka on Mon, 15/06/2020 - 10:18

I like warm, bright weather without any rain at all!!!! I like clear, dry weather

Submitted by Sharif Tayyebi on Sun, 14/06/2020 - 18:53

I love bright rainy weather, which is not very warm or very cold. I want to just walk and walk. Lungs can breathe the clean and wet air that you might say "fresh air". If I am walking down the street and some rains hit on my face, I will feel excited. On the other hand, if there is no rainy weather, I will prefer to walk on the yard before sunrise. It is fresh and very nice, especially in the spring or summer season of Kabul. I always wish you clean and nice weather. Regards, Tayyebi

Submitted by IBRAHIM HAMID on Sun, 14/06/2020 - 08:56

I like a winter season, because I feel that I'm in higher activity to achieve my goals and duties. In Sudan the summer season interfered with the autumn which takes most of the year months, the summer is very hot and the autumn very bad in Khartoum state and variation in beauty in other Sudan's state.

Submitted by Miho Watanabe on Sun, 07/06/2020 - 17:10

I like sunny and breeze the best. Because I usually walk with a dog, but I can't do that in a rainy day. My dog and I are bored in a rainy day, so I like sunny. But I hate a sunny day of summer in Japan, because it's very hot and humid in Japan. So I like sunny day that is comfortable temperature and not humid the best.

Submitted by senes19 on Sat, 06/06/2020 - 18:40

My favorite weather is of course warm ones. But i don't mean very high temperatures. I like the weather which some sunny, some rain but generally warm. You can stay outside as you wish, but you won't sweat or feel cold.

Submitted by Adri on Sat, 06/06/2020 - 18:27

I like the summer climate because I love sea. Other reason is that I like travel in plane of holidays and I know a new place in summer. My friends have more free time in the summer months.

Submitted by mouna99 on Tue, 26/05/2020 - 14:10

I like rainy days so much I prefer winter

Submitted by vaniafed on Sun, 17/05/2020 - 13:54

I don't like it when whether doesn't change for a long time. I like looking out of the window, drinking hot coffee and dreaming about the better life, when it's raining. And if the weather is warm I go out walking with my friends, doing skateboarding and so on.
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Sun, 10/05/2020 - 13:42

A weather forecast says it's suddenly going to be hot like summer tomorrow. Okay, it's good to know that we can prepare for what we wear, but it's difficult to accustom myself to the heat quickly. =3
Profile picture for user Simonida Vukobrat

Submitted by Simonida Vukobrat on Sun, 10/05/2020 - 02:11

I like warm and hot weather with lot of sun and very high temperatures!

Submitted by Nasser8891 on Tue, 05/05/2020 - 03:26

I really like rain seasons, it seems a romantic weather. I always hear that people in Europe do not like rain because they have it all the time? Is it true?

Submitted by Rayan Siddeg osman on Sat, 02/05/2020 - 15:07

I like the raining weather because it is very nice and I can breathe frash air and it mix between the wet and cold in our country

Submitted by SANDRA YINNET on Sat, 02/05/2020 - 13:23

I think that the forecast weather is very important for people, due to is possible to programm diffents activities with the family, for example, go to the pool or go to the cinema in a mall, in another cases is useful in the job, people that live in the forest can to know when is the better time for to grow.
Profile picture for user rerre

Submitted by rerre on Sat, 02/05/2020 - 01:13

In my country I like the autumn when the days are dry, bright and warm but on holidays it's better the summer because it tends to have high temperatures and sunny days

Submitted by Anderson on Sat, 02/05/2020 - 01:13

Hi people, I'm going share with all of you a little about my country, Brazil, the loved earth. I enjoy the weather a lot when spring has started. Here, in the south of Brazil, this season almost has no rain, and the days start cold with sunlight and during the rest of the day the temperature is between 15ºC and 25ºC. I love this weather. But, when the summer comes, it's very hot, which I don't like very well.

Submitted by Benjamin on Thu, 30/04/2020 - 04:38

I like winter season.That's the best months for me although there is too cold or foggy in that time.

Submitted by teya10 on Thu, 23/04/2020 - 18:48

the weather i like is rainy weather when it's cold because i like walking under the rain and i like also the smell of the earth when it's rain that's make me feel light

Submitted by isaml on Thu, 23/04/2020 - 17:19

I like sunny weather like in Spain, because I can go to the beach and go out with my friends. However, I hate the cloudy and rainy days, because I have to stay at home all day.

Submitted by Olalla Parreño on Wed, 22/04/2020 - 10:04

My opinion on this audio for me has been quite easy since in tasck 1 and 2 I have done them well and I have taken very little time to do them, for the next time I intend to make a more difficult one.

Submitted by Olalla Parreño on Wed, 22/04/2020 - 09:58

My opinion on this audio for me has been quite easy since in task 1 and 2 I have done them well and I have taken very little time to do them, for the next time I intend to make a more difficult one.
Profile picture for user JuanManuelLopezGil

Submitted by JuanManuelLopezGil on Mon, 20/04/2020 - 21:59

Spring with sun and drizzle sometimes. Like us Medellín, Colombia "The city of the eternal spring".
Profile picture for user OlaIELTS

Submitted by OlaIELTS on Thu, 16/04/2020 - 18:14

The kind of weather I like best is wet weather.

Submitted by Ahmed shady on Wed, 15/04/2020 - 19:56

HI, Forecast is a vital part of our life , people used to explore the weather before they going to leave home and go for work or shopping through the intrnet or the TV News ..

Submitted by AFGHANISTAN on Tue, 14/04/2020 - 11:22

Hi in Generally I like the sunny weather, because all people feel happy and without fear can go work and but in cloudy day I am very dismal, so I stay at home

Submitted by Genaldo on Mon, 13/04/2020 - 19:34

Hi, In general, i like sunny weather but i also like low temperatures. Because it look likes that we eat and wear better. The sunny weather encourages the practice of sports, physical activities.

Submitted by ANACF on Mon, 13/04/2020 - 18:05

I prefer the spring time. It neither too hot nor too cold . I hate extreme temperatures. In Spain , in general, in summer it's very hot and in winter it's too cold, altough my body supports better cold than heat.

Submitted by Daudau0601 on Sun, 12/04/2020 - 15:21

I live in the central of Viet Nam, so the weather is hot all year around especially summer which has temperatures at 39 to 42 degrees. I like cool or warm weather because it's not too hot or also too cold. It makes me feel comfortable and i can go out with my friend in that day without without fear of rain or sunshine.

Submitted by upendarreddy on Fri, 10/04/2020 - 14:59

In my country(India) there are three seasons summer, winter, and rainy among those i love rainy season because temperatures are not too hot and cold even though i like outdoor activities.

Submitted by BlaiChan on Fri, 10/04/2020 - 09:14

I prefer the winter season in my hometown as I live in southern of country, the winter doesn't go so cold enough. There is always bright start morning in there. And we start feel the heatwave at about 10:00 A. M and throughout until 16:00 P. M. The temperatures are from the high thirties and early forties. That's the reason I chose the winter

Submitted by Cotufa84 on Tue, 07/04/2020 - 15:15

Well, it depend on the moment. When I am studying I prefer a little bit of foggy and drizzle, I feel really confortable.

Submitted by Wesley54 on Fri, 03/04/2020 - 00:14

Although I live in a city with varying temperature along the day, I'd rather choose the warm and hot weather, where you're able to see the Sun throughout the whole day. Nevertheless, I consider some raining periods as properly ones whether to take a nap or try to sleep.
Profile picture for user loupinus

Submitted by loupinus on Tue, 31/03/2020 - 19:59

I prefer foggy weather with light rains. I feel more harmonious with nature.

Submitted by manuelrodrigue… on Fri, 27/03/2020 - 11:49

I like winter weather, because snows and do cold. Also is my birthday.

Submitted by micaela on Fri, 27/03/2020 - 01:03

I prefer an weather between hot and cold temperatures, for example I love spring and autumn. Although, I like drizzle and I love it in sunny days, that is really amazing. Sometimes, we can see a rainbow when the rain clear up.

Submitted by Ivan Barišić on Mon, 23/03/2020 - 10:55

I like dry weather but I do not like when it is heatwave or hotter than normal. Also, sometimes I like when it is snowing, but I never wish that it is rainy. Generally, I like sunny weather with light wind.

Submitted by vihertri on Fri, 20/03/2020 - 12:29

I like sunny weather,but not too hot. In my Country has a good weather and a lot of hours of sun but I prefer the cold, it is better if you work outside.

Submitted by nao on Tue, 17/03/2020 - 10:51

I like the spring is my favorite season because is not too hot or too cold.

Submitted by nochi1421 on Sat, 14/03/2020 - 17:25

My favorite weather is the weather of my city Puyo, from the ecuadorian Amazon. In the same day, you can have a lot of sun for a while and then a strong rain. But never the temperatures fall down until the people freeze or rise until the people feels that are living in the hell. We have all in the same day. It's fantastic !!!

Submitted by LucaCoglia on Fri, 06/03/2020 - 16:16

I like Sunny weather but I really like snowy weather
Profile picture for user Nikolaos Stavrianakis

Submitted by Nikolaos Stavr… on Wed, 04/03/2020 - 16:42

Hello everyone!! I would say that hot and dry weather is what I really like.
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Tue, 03/03/2020 - 10:21

I like crisp weather. It's nice to walk around the nature, breatheing in the crisp autumn weather!

Submitted by vilma caram on Mon, 02/03/2020 - 20:16

Hello, I like sunny weather. Sometimes cloudy days and one a month a litle of rain. A bit of each

Submitted by Ayzhan on Tue, 25/02/2020 - 06:30

I like a sunny weather, but when not too hot. Like the weather in the end of the april and beginning the may.

Submitted by mselmi on Thu, 20/02/2020 - 07:27

I hate high and low temperatures. I like weather when temperature is around the early twenties. I don't like windy days. I like watching light rain or snow from the window. This gives me a good feelings.

Submitted by shahhoseini on Sat, 15/02/2020 - 14:30

I hate hot sunshine in summer while cloudy weather with a little drizzle is my favourite and ideal for me.

Submitted by huyentran on Tue, 11/02/2020 - 01:54

My favorite weather is cool weather with a little sunshine. This weather always makes me feel comfortable and relaxed. You know, because it's not too hot and too cold, so it's good for our health. In my country, the weather often appears in the afternoon, so I often go for a walk and enjoy the fresh and cool air, and whenever I go for a walk I feel more relaxed, my health seems to be more refreshed.

Submitted by conejo on Sun, 09/02/2020 - 03:45

My favourite weather is dry, bright and sunny. I like the sea, and I prefer live in warm cities. I hate weather in my country, because it is unpredictable.

Submitted by lifelearner on Wed, 05/02/2020 - 16:02

Well as an introvert and a person who is attracted towards loneliness, I love wet weather and winter as people tends to stay home and streets get less crowded. Snow really attracts me , as I have used to make a snowman since my childhood and I still do it until now . in the rainy weather I love to have some warm drinks like a cup of tea or hot chocolate.