Bathrooms

Learn words for things in bathrooms by doing these exercises.

Are you ready to take your vocabulary to the next level?

Submitted by THUY DUNG on Mon, 30/03/2020 - 07:43

There are 2 bathroom in my house. But it is quite small because my apartment is not big. They both has no bath. In my country, just a little house has bath in the bathroom.

Submitted by Nourhan Almoghazy on Mon, 30/03/2020 - 03:46

i have two bathrooms one of them without bath and the other has it and towel,washbasin

Submitted by Daudau0601 on Sat, 28/03/2020 - 02:10

there are one toilet, one washbasin, one shower, one tap,one mirror in my bathroom. i have some thing such as: soap, shampoo, towel,... But i want to have a bath to take a shower comfortably

Submitted by theguest22 on Sun, 22/03/2020 - 12:33

I have four bathrooms in my house , all has shower and toilet and all these materials that need in any bathroom like soap,shampoo,but the washbasin out the bathroom directly when you come out you find it and towel , no one of them has bath
all these materials= toiletries no one of them has bath= none of them there are more corrections but I do not know how to do it. I leave them for Admin .

Submitted by piyush_bpin on Sat, 21/03/2020 - 15:40

We have a big house on the top of the hill area. It has two floors. On first floor we have a spacious hall and next to it is a kitchen. Just behind the kitchen we have backyard we grow routine organic seasonal vegetables and herbs. On ground floor we have a bathroom attached with toilet. It has a latest technology facility such as Jacuzzi tub, sophisticated tap system, environmental friendly flushing system, and full of luxurious toiletries. On the first floor we have two separate toilets each attached with guest's bedroom. Both of them are not as luxurious as the ground floor one but they provide basic amenities and serve the purpose.

Submitted by Scommel on Mon, 16/03/2020 - 14:40

there is a single bathroom in my house you can take a bath or a shower .

Submitted by Sara mohammed on Tue, 25/02/2020 - 16:54

We have two toilets in our in our house. One of them is big with bath. Washbasin, and toilet, but the other has only a Washbesin and toilet

Submitted by Ganira on Fri, 14/02/2020 - 11:21

In my house there is a one bathroom.There are a lot of things in our bathrooms.For example shampoo.Toothpaste,thoosebrush,tap,wahsbasin etc.

Submitted by Ammaraf on Thu, 30/01/2020 - 08:30

hello Actual I have three bathrooms in my apartment, one of them without bath has only washbasin, mirror, towel and toilet, the others have in additional bath and shower, I think nowadays because of the water shortage around the world, nobody use baths anymore.

Submitted by Nonofyourbuissnes on Fri, 06/03/2020 - 09:29

In reply to by Ammaraf

Wdm with water shortage I take a bath every day (180L per bath). So in my country, every building have water and most got hot water (depends on if they are poor)

Submitted by AdrianaPC on Fri, 24/01/2020 - 18:38

There are two bathrooms in my house. One of them is so big with a shower, a washbasin, a toilet and a mirror. The other one is smaller with a washbasin, mirror and a toilet too but there aren´t a shower or a bath It´s correct?
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Wed, 11/12/2019 - 09:43

Hello admins, I'm not sure why English speaking students say 'May I go to the bathroom, sir?' at school (old days?). Please tell me the difference: 'may I go to the bathroom?' 'may I go to the toilet?' 'may I go pee?'

Hello Rafaela1

All three of those questions are grammatically correct; the difference between them is a difference in how appropriate they are in terms of politeness. In British cultures, in general people don't refer directly to bodily functions such as peeing when they want to be polite. Each of the questions you wrote refers to a bodily function (peeing) to a different degree: the first one is the most polite, the second one a little less (though still polite), and then the last one less so (though it is not rude, either) due to this.

By using the word 'bathroom', you shift the emphasis away from what you are going to do in the bathroom (pee) by referring to the room instead of the action. By using 'toilet', it becomes clearer that you are going to relieve yourself (notice how we have this euphemism 'relieve yourself', which means 'pee') and so it's a little less comfortable in polite speech. By using the word 'pee', you are very direct and so it's even less comfortable in a polite context.

The word 'may' (instead of 'can') is usually used in very polite situations, especially when you want to show that you defer to authority. It would be strange for an adult to use 'may' and 'pee' together in the same sentence, unless they were being ironic. It would be more natural coming from a child, however.

That's probably more of an explanation than you were looking for, but I hope it helps.

All the best

Profile picture for user JAE Aniruth

Submitted by JAE Aniruth on Sun, 08/09/2019 - 17:46

My bathroom is dirty because no one clean it.
Profile picture for user mtalebi

Submitted by mtalebi on Thu, 29/08/2019 - 06:17

In Iran, there is usually a squat toilet in bathrooms.

Submitted by kvxxviii on Sat, 03/08/2019 - 07:01

My bathroom is very convenient. There is a shower, a toilet, a washbasin, a washing-machine, a big mirror.
Profile picture for user Stanley Alvarez

Submitted by Stanley Alvarez on Fri, 19/07/2019 - 23:15

No, my bathroom does not have anything different. Although in my apartment there are two bathrooms, they have not a bath.

Submitted by Louloup on Thu, 18/07/2019 - 20:53

in my house, there's only one bathroom but my sister and I both have a waterbasin and a mirror in our bedrooms, which permits to spend less time in the bathroom. Also, thanks to these waterbasins, we can keep a lot of stuff usually placed in a bathroom (like toothbrush...) in our bedroom, so that the bathroom stays clean.

Submitted by lailat on Thu, 18/07/2019 - 09:59

My flat has a quite big bathroom, in my bedroom, with a bath, a single washbasin and a mirror. There is some blue mosaic on the walls (not really beautiful) and the water heater is above the missing door. In fact there is instead a white curtain!

Submitted by Nazarova Feruza on Thu, 18/07/2019 - 05:10

In Uzbekistan, the summery days are very hot. Every day I and my family have a shower twice or three times.

Submitted by islamhasabo on Mon, 15/07/2019 - 07:30

I live with my wife in a one bedroom apartment that has 2 toilets, the guest and the master ones. Yesterday I had a shower then took a bath which I used the new bath bomb.That was in the master toilet, however today I used the guest toilet to wash my hands and face. I prefer the master one . It has cupboard, which is under the wash basin, that we use it put our shampoo and soap in.

Submitted by chris-kutte on Fri, 12/07/2019 - 00:45

I live with my girlfriend in a flat and we have only one bathroom. In our bathroom we have a shower, bath, washbasin with a mirror and of course a toilette. Next to the washbasin we also have a small shelf to place there things like soap, shampoo, towels and so on.

Submitted by JTEROBA on Thu, 11/07/2019 - 04:48

My bathroom only has a shower, mirror and washbasin. My house is to little, so it has a bathroom. However, on ground floor there is a toilet with washbasin.

Submitted by sahel1981 on Sun, 23/06/2019 - 08:55

I live in a small flat in a 5 storey apartment and therefore my home's spaces are not big, particularly the bathroom. There is only a shower with a tap and also a suspended shelf that I put my soaps, shampoos and towel on it. Sometimes, I hang my body towel behind the wooden door of the bathroom. Of-course, There is a toilet next to my bathroom.

Submitted by Katrusja on Thu, 20/06/2019 - 20:17

I have a one bathroom in my place. There are many things from this topic list. Also i have gel shower, many things to my hair such as balsam, mask, oil foe hair and so on.
Profile picture for user BRAHIM ABOULOUAFA

Submitted by BRAHIM ABOULOUAFA on Tue, 18/06/2019 - 13:17

My bath' tap is broken.

Submitted by Akmal Karimov on Thu, 06/06/2019 - 06:57

I am studying the English language

Submitted by concha62 on Thu, 25/04/2019 - 21:43

My bathroom don't have a bath only a shower,toilet, washbasin and a mirror and a big window , I can see the forest behind my house and the birds in the morning when I 've a shower or I brush my tooth .

Submitted by Samirah on Wed, 24/04/2019 - 07:10

We have only one bathroom in our apartment but I really like having tow bathrooms. No, there is any different things in our bathroom.

Submitted by 赵文文 on Fri, 29/03/2019 - 02:39

In my house, the bathroom just has a shower so i just take a shower standing.

Submitted by 赵文文 on Fri, 29/03/2019 - 02:34

This course is great, I love it. I have got much. Thanks! I will going on other courses!

Submitted by Juan Diego Gal… on Thu, 07/03/2019 - 21:09

There are two bathrooms in my house. One is located in my grandpa´s bedroom and the other is next to the kitchen, I know is weird, but is true. Both of them have a toilet, a washbasin, a mirror, a shower. We use soap and shampoo to take a shower, and toothpaste for brushing our teeth.
Profile picture for user LANG

Submitted by LANG on Tue, 26/02/2019 - 01:03

There is one bathroom in my house. In the bathroom, there is a mirror, a shower, a shelf for small things such as: toothpase, toothbrush, comb, hair ties, razors, lotions, armpit cream, ect.

Submitted by AyoubDZ93 on Sun, 24/02/2019 - 18:21

There is one bathroom in my apartment. I have a classic bathroom because there are only the essential components. So there is one bath, one shower, one mirror, one tap, two soap, one toothbrush and toothpaste for me, and five towel.

Submitted by Nimsu on Thu, 24/01/2019 - 03:11

We have only one bathroom in our house. We got shower and bath.

Submitted by elham1895 on Tue, 22/01/2019 - 10:51

In my apartment where i live, there are two bathroom. one of them has toilet and washbasin and the other one has shower, washbasin and toilet. there are toiletry such as soap,shampoo,towel and extra.
Profile picture for user Ndayishimiye

Submitted by Ndayishimiye on Sat, 12/01/2019 - 07:51

In an apartment where I am living these days, there is no shower but most of other equipment are available for example a shower and a tap both with hot and cold water, there is also a washbasin , a towel , toothbrush as well as toothpaste. oh I can't forget my blind mirror.

Submitted by Joneslau on Fri, 11/01/2019 - 14:38

There are two bathrooms in my house,one small and one big.The small one has a washbasin,a mirrol and a shower.Near the washbasin there are some toiletries,such as soap,shampoo and toothpaste.The big one is upstairs,and there is a big bath in it.

Submitted by mina88 on Thu, 10/01/2019 - 03:22

There is a bathroom in my house. There is a washbasin, a shower, and a mirror. We don't have a bath, because it is expensive and big.

Submitted by Wega on Mon, 07/01/2019 - 09:59

In my flat is a bathroom with a shower and bath, toilet and washbasin. Also I have a little Bathroom, only with a toilet and a washbasin. The litter pan is also standing there

Submitted by Gene on Sun, 06/01/2019 - 00:33

Our bathroom is just like any regular bathroom from anyone. I think the only difference was we've got two half bathrooms, where the larger bathroom placed at the master's bedroom and the other one is near in our living room. Both of them have tap, washbasin, toilet and shower but the larger one has bath.