A poster at work

Read an invitation to an office event to practise and improve your reading skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and do the exercises.

Reading text

Time to relax!

Come and join our lunchtime yoga class with experienced yoga teacher Divya Bridge!

When? Every Tuesday at 1.30 p.m.

Where? Meeting Room 7

How much? £10 for four 30-minute classes.

What to bring? Comfortable clothes. Divya will provide the yoga mats.

How to join? Write to Sam at Sam.Holden@example.com

We can only take a maximum of 20 in the room, so book now!

Do you need to improve your English reading skills?

Submitted by Dinawards on Sun, 19/04/2020 - 00:46

No I don't have any classes this day neither work. It has been a year since I decided to quit my job. However, about 5 months ago I took an English courses in English Village for 3 months. It mean a lot to my English progress.

Submitted by Christian on Fri, 17/04/2020 - 00:15

Hello everybody! I have never done any classes outside of my work.
Profile picture for user johnny depp

Submitted by johnny depp on Wed, 15/04/2020 - 13:55

Thank you for teaching us the real English. i am looking forward to hearing from you.

Submitted by Shadabali93 on Wed, 15/04/2020 - 09:22

No, I don’t use any classes outside my work. Actually I am pursuing MTech and right now I am in second year. Only research work is ongoing during my second year, so I don’t have that much time to join outside classes.

Submitted by Minerva on Fri, 10/04/2020 - 02:51

Yes , I practise swimming everyday at weekdays and weekends too. An hour per day, but now the swimming Pool is closed due to corona virus,

Submitted by alexrinconr on Thu, 09/04/2020 - 21:14

Do you do any classes outside of your work? Yes, I do. I studied my master outside of my work.. this event was very complicated
Profile picture for user zabiullah

Submitted by zabiullah on Wed, 08/04/2020 - 12:39

yes i do... i always try to take classes for doing some exercises. now i am isolated from my family due to corona virus. bxz my mother and father are very older they are more at risk than my other part of my family...every morning i run about 4 kms and do some other actions to improve our immune system....
Profile picture for user Lucinei

Submitted by Lucinei on Tue, 07/04/2020 - 02:39

At the moment I'm not working, because I'm looking for a job. But always am I studing.
Profile picture for user Tutor Ashraful

Submitted by Tutor Ashraful on Tue, 07/04/2020 - 01:32

Yes, I do. I do online classes outside my work. I really enjoy doing it because in those classes there many people join from different parts of the world. Meeting foreign people is incredible for me. I love talking with foreigners.
Profile picture for user Berny Herrera

Submitted by Berny Herrera on Tue, 07/04/2020 - 00:55

Due to my stress level I was asked to take Yoga classes last year, even though I haven´t taken them yet. And to be honest, I don´t know if I will.

Submitted by Muniba shafiq on Sun, 05/04/2020 - 12:36

hi i have done my yoga classes exercise.

Submitted by DianaH on Sun, 05/04/2020 - 05:23

No, I don’t do any class at the moment.

Submitted by Sultan2020 on Sun, 05/04/2020 - 04:39

whatever , I have time but I don't like this exercise thinks God I am Muslim and we have do the pray every day 5 time at each time around 10 minutes that's to much good and I very hoppy to join this website because now in fact improve my skills in this language thank you again this is great website

Submitted by ss on Sun, 05/04/2020 - 00:37

I had inquired about aerobic classes in our community where i stay but unfortunately didn't get a chance to join due to time constrain.

Submitted by Mau on Fri, 03/04/2020 - 21:30

Yes, I take yoga classes too. It helps me relax and it's a break from my own thougths.

Submitted by Sajeeb Hossain on Fri, 03/04/2020 - 17:25

It's My first comment. I'm very happy to join this learning platform. This is very important and useful place for one learner. Wow I'm sure that i will cover 90%. The rest is my wish and working.

Submitted by Itzelmont30 on Thu, 02/04/2020 - 01:52

yes i do,after school take class in the afternoon at my university

Submitted by nguyenminhphuc on Wed, 01/04/2020 - 16:31

the yoga is ready good for our health but I do not have time to enjoy it sorry teacher

Submitted by Mohsin on Tue, 31/03/2020 - 19:24

Hello, For now i'm not taking any classes outside my studies because i don't really have time to do,but i really would like to join to the gym,i hope that i will have time to do outside classes

Submitted by nguyenkytung on Sat, 28/03/2020 - 17:13

Before, I used to take classes outside. But not now. I have to study until 6 p.m. then I run in the park and go home them. I have many pretty homework so I don't have time for classes outside

Submitted by Nane on Thu, 26/03/2020 - 23:08

Hi I don´t have time to take classes outside my work. I finish late every day. But I would like to take cooking lessons. Regards, AM
Profile picture for user daria patskikh

Submitted by daria patskikh on Thu, 26/03/2020 - 17:28

I think i like yoga, but now i not doing it.

Submitted by Mamta Gusain on Thu, 26/03/2020 - 06:35

No, i don't do any class due to my busy schedule. as monday to saturday 9 to 6 i am busy in my office. there is only sunday left which i use to do my house chores.
Profile picture for user OlaIELTS

Submitted by OlaIELTS on Tue, 24/03/2020 - 13:55

However, I don't need any outside classes, except if this is organise by the firm where am working.

Submitted by Warrior1243 on Tue, 24/03/2020 - 03:32

Hello, I take Guitar class when I was young. Now, after word I take Master's studies at the University. Thanks for this webside. God bless your Team

Submitted by rpikeri on Wed, 18/03/2020 - 20:40

Yes, I do classes outside my work. I am doing water aerobic and walking.

Submitted by rivercountryside on Wed, 18/03/2020 - 03:12

I rarely do classes outside of my work. After work, I am busy to look after my family. I cook dinner, help my son to learn his homework and then I watch a movie before sleep.

Submitted by 함보민 on Sun, 15/03/2020 - 03:02

I go for a walk everyday. unless the whether is bad.
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Thu, 12/03/2020 - 12:07

I occasionally swim in the pool. ┏(·ω·)┛

Submitted by New_user on Thu, 12/03/2020 - 06:32

Yes, I do attended a six month training session on electronic circuit design. The training was for around six months starting from September last year. The institute was located around 6 km from my home and I used to attend the coaching during weekends, mostly Saturdays and Sundays.
Profile picture for user Baxteenana88

Submitted by Baxteenana88 on Wed, 11/03/2020 - 06:24

Yes, I do. I take English classes with my neighbor five days a week for an hour.
Profile picture for user msn_nazari

Submitted by msn_nazari on Sun, 08/03/2020 - 17:48

yes i took the English class about 15 years age and that English course was every day except Fridays.and now i forgot most of them so i take part in online courses to repeat and remember.

Submitted by DiegoKC on Sat, 07/03/2020 - 02:17

Yes, I do Kyokushin Karate on monday, wednesday and friday.
Profile picture for user amit_ck

Submitted by amit_ck on Thu, 05/03/2020 - 05:09

I have some problems to understand this passage. Could you please rephrase the capitalized sentences? ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ BUT, IF TEA IS A FACTOR IN THE COMBINATION LOCK, WHY DIDN’T JAPAN FORGE AHEAD IN A TEA-SOAKED INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION OF ITS OWN? MACFARLANE NOTES THAT EVEN THOUGH 17TH-CENTURY JAPAN HAD LARGE CITIES, HIGH LITERACY RATES, EVEN A FUTURES MARKET, IT HAD TURNED ITS BACK ON THE ESSENCE OF ANY WORK-BASED REVOLUTION BY GIVING UP LABOUR-SAVING DEVICES SUCH AS ANIMALS, AFRAID THAT THEY WOULD PUT PEOPLE OUT OF WORK. So, the nation that we now think of as one of the most technologically advanced entered the 19th century having ‘abandoned the wheel’.

Hello amit_ck,

LearnEnglish is a site where we try to provide help on particular issues with English, but we don't provide explanations of texts from elsewhere, I'm afraid. If you have specific questions about the material on our pages (examples, explanations or tasks) then we'll be happy to help, or if you have other questions about how the language works. However, we're a small team here and it's not possible for us to answer questions like this which ask for explanations of texts from other sources.

Profile picture for user Sergei Baskakov

Submitted by Sergei Baskakov on Tue, 03/03/2020 - 17:47

Yes, I do. I play football every Wednesday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m.

Submitted by Mahmoud Kotb on Tue, 03/03/2020 - 08:17

Yes, I do. I learning English in the american university in Egypt

Submitted by Bluemoon-68 on Wed, 26/02/2020 - 18:21

yes , I have an online sport class.

Submitted by Abdirahman Ali Osman on Mon, 24/02/2020 - 09:59

I live in country where English is the second language so I do practicing English every day with my University classmates except Friday and Thursday
Profile picture for user ILYES

Submitted by ILYES on Sat, 15/02/2020 - 23:38

yes , i practis my english skills in private school every tusday and thursday , it's taken two houres in one classe

Submitted by Nilar Htun on Fri, 14/02/2020 - 06:47

Yes, I do, I take the weekend section of learning IELTS English.

Submitted by Kaofeng on Thu, 06/02/2020 - 01:17

Yes, I do. I often do some English classes to improve my language skills, both online and offline classes, because my job sometimes requires communication in English. Besides, I love English to bits. I always meet new people and get to know each other while do classes outside of my work. I also find online classes much more convenient for me to learn English and other skills such as negotiation. Plus, doing classes outside of my work also helps me relax and gives me more power to do my work the next day.

Submitted by ademyonet on Wed, 05/02/2020 - 15:35

Yes, I do. I take English lessons my free time. Also I always try to learn something and I dislike doing lazy.

Submitted by IGOR MELO on Wed, 22/01/2020 - 20:38

Yes, I do. I have english classes after work.
Profile picture for user Hoàng Nhung

Submitted by Hoàng Nhung on Fri, 17/01/2020 - 09:34

I have joined a volleyball class in every early morning before working
Profile picture for user Optimist

Submitted by Optimist on Fri, 10/01/2020 - 07:08

I'm learning programming now.