A poster for exam candidates

Read the poster outside an exam room to practise and improve your reading skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and do the exercises.

Reading text

Poster 1

FINAL EXAM INSTRUCTIONS

• Doors close 5 minutes before the exam begins.
  • Show your student ID card to examiner when you enter the room.
  • No phones, no books.

Poster 2

BEFORE THE EXAM

• Have your ID card ready.
  • Listen to the instructions.
  • Arrive 10 minutes before exam.

IN THE EXAM

• Mobile phones switched off and put away.
  • ID card visible on the desk.
  • No talking.
  • No food or drinks in exam room.

Poster 3

• Follow the examiner's instructions.
  • If you have a question, raise your hand.
  • No mobile phones, books or bags in the exam.
  • Please use a blue or black pen.

Submitted by Ronake on Mon, 29/06/2020 - 16:00

I finished my University last year, so I don't have many exams now. But I'm preparing for English exam, which is so important for me to get the requested points for studying abroad. Those instructions that were mentioned to the lesson, I used to follow during my studies when I had exams. One of the most important was to switch off the phone, to make visible the student Card, and to put away books and notebooks, so you weren't able to copy from them. Exams make us feel nervous and stressful.

Submitted by Tomiris.Askarova on Mon, 29/06/2020 - 11:11

Yes, i hav a lot of exams. My last exams was one week ago. I confirmed my diploma paper and finished the university. I was a part-time student, but when I studiet in college I was full-time student. And now I'm bachelor of geology science. At all my study live I didn't like exams because of the stress which I feel for all period of session.
Very good. I'm bachelor of biomedicine and I have a master degree in hematology. Now I'm a doctor degree student and I'm also studying bilogical sciences because I love nature.

Submitted by A Yar Kyaw on Sat, 27/06/2020 - 17:16

i think everybody don't like exam but we test our skill by exam.so we just do it even we don't like

Submitted by Momo536 on Wed, 24/06/2020 - 12:29

No any one like exam especially if the Q need it long answer and short time .. sometimes the teacher or Dr explain topics and Q come out this topics ..

Submitted by Hennadii on Mon, 22/06/2020 - 11:55

Nobody likes exams I think. It's a hard challenge and big stress. You feel nervous and uncertain. Everyone is afraid to fail on the exam. I had a lot of this stuff in my life and almost every time it wasn't easy. Now I'm learning again and have lots of tests. It's not as difficult as exams so I take my test at home, not in the classroom but yeah I still feel nervous sometimes.

Submitted by Bushra.a on Thu, 18/06/2020 - 02:23

When I was in university I had a lot of exams but right now I’m trying to encourage myself to do the IELTS exam

Submitted by Basar Huzni on Mon, 15/06/2020 - 13:22

Hello, Everyone. NO, I have just one exam in September that is the IELTS exam. And I don't like exams, But I like teaching and reading the book and when I do an exam for my students, I like the difficult questions.

Submitted by MUHAMMAD YOUNUS on Sat, 13/06/2020 - 07:02

No, I have not exams because of this big pandemic corona Virus, But, I like exams because of its our assessment of what we learn. Thanks.

Submitted by lsrafael on Thu, 11/06/2020 - 02:24

Hey guys! I can't say that I have a lot of exams, but I like it. I can't wait to have my IELTS exam.

Submitted by Fatemeh.Najafzadeh on Wed, 10/06/2020 - 02:38

I had a lot of exams during my education courses. I’m so hard working but I’m a bit stressed. Because of this, I don’t like the exams.

Submitted by ILYES on Thu, 04/06/2020 - 18:20

Right now i don't have any exam ,But i'm planning to do the ielts exam. No, i don't like the exams. Who does like it !

Submitted by MoutazAlotaibe on Sun, 31/05/2020 - 05:49

I like exams, Especially when I studying before going to do it.

Submitted by myshugaa on Sat, 30/05/2020 - 14:51

The live is a big exam

Submitted by mouna99 on Sat, 16/05/2020 - 14:37

Because of the pandemic I don't have exmas, But no I don't like exams

Submitted by Muhammad Bagir on Sat, 16/05/2020 - 03:47

nope, during this pandemic, the national exam has been deleted. so, here we are, don't know what to do for the rest of this year.

Submitted by casssioesousa on Wed, 13/05/2020 - 03:23

In this moment, I haven't been doing exams because I'm in social distance.

Submitted by deya on Tue, 12/05/2020 - 21:23

i have a lot of exams, i like exams but i hate the sress of it

Submitted by Kiomars on Sun, 10/05/2020 - 17:06

I had many exam during to the bachelor degree, but i have passed the exam along term, if i practice the exam to my self how to do with this? All the best Kiomars

Submitted by Cristhopher on Sat, 09/05/2020 - 23:18

I did have a lot of exams when I studied at University. Right now, at work sometimes I have to do some tests to complete courses and certifications, but there are not so stressful and rigid like were in high school and university. Also, I am preparing to take a professional certification from Cisco and when I take that, I would be very similar to old times. It may sound weird, but I really like exams, I think they encourage me to prepare and feel challenged.

Submitted by Raimbek on Thu, 07/05/2020 - 12:25

I think nobody love exams :D

Submitted by Moudi elviana on Tue, 05/05/2020 - 18:28

I don't know, exams are make me stressful. But sometimes I feel that the atmosphere in exam room is really something that makes me more challenging.

Submitted by Nyanko Neko on Sun, 03/05/2020 - 14:40

yes, recently i have a lot of exams. Well , i like exams so much because it help me improved myself. It is obvious i not good at english so i want to improve my english as soon as possible. One day, i'll achieve my dream

Submitted by sergio1008 on Fri, 01/05/2020 - 02:03

Yes, during my bachelors degree I had many exams, I don't like the exams, but in a course that I do, explain the importance of the exams and the learning

Submitted by narcisa on Tue, 28/04/2020 - 10:37

No, I don't have an exam, but I like to study and the examination it is the way to value my knowledge.

Submitted by abdul aziz farooqi on Sat, 25/04/2020 - 13:35

Not much, I am preparing for english exams next month, but I like the exam because of its preparation.

Submitted by nourhan.samir on Thu, 23/04/2020 - 01:55

no i dont have because i am working now but before when i was during the study i dont like it.

Submitted by jason2295 on Tue, 21/04/2020 - 00:02

Now I don't have a lot of exams, but I am studying hard to do International Englsh and french exams.

Submitted by Christian on Mon, 20/04/2020 - 04:00

Yes, I do. last week I had a lot of exams in my course of English at the university and I don't really like the exams because I feel that are boring for me.

Submitted by Dinawards on Sun, 19/04/2020 - 00:59

No, i don't. It has been a long time i am not doing exams. Sometimes, I miss it.

Submitted by M.Gouda on Fri, 17/04/2020 - 00:06

Hello, when i was young i really hate exams because i was live all day at the stress until to appear result. but now i like to learn everything and take courses to improve myself, Its something like a challenge.

Submitted by Ahmed510 on Wed, 15/04/2020 - 01:08

Recently, I have no exams to do, but I like the point of it, It's something like a challenge.

Submitted by Qurbanov Elbrus on Tue, 14/04/2020 - 19:54

I like exams because exams give us improvement and everyone knows this is fakt! ( I am not good at english,may be my sentences will not be in order. I am new here in british council and I am happy with you- MY BRITISH COUNCIL!

Submitted by FaribaJavazi on Sun, 12/04/2020 - 18:11

I had the examine in the past. I didn't like them.

Submitted by ss on Wed, 08/04/2020 - 23:21

As of now i don't have exams. But i do like exams because it is challenging, tests our knowledge on the topic, optimum utilization of time, handle pressure etc. are the things i like about exams.

Submitted by zabiullah on Wed, 08/04/2020 - 12:25

when i were in school, my maths teacher took exam ever day... all students hated bxz noone liked exam...but now i would like to have exam and i like it...

Submitted by Lucinei on Tue, 07/04/2020 - 03:07

I like exams, because a undertand that is a oportunity for me show knowledge.

Submitted by Tutor Ashraful on Tue, 07/04/2020 - 01:00

Yes, I do have lost of exams because I'm still a student as well as teacher. Almost everyone hates exams and so do I. But it's necessary to be in the next levels. Without exams student life can't be imagined.

Submitted by Berny Herrera on Mon, 06/04/2020 - 23:54

Good point, I haven´t realized of it. Hopefully you get a response for your question. (I´ll be waiting for the answer as well).

Submitted by Muniba shafiq on Sun, 05/04/2020 - 12:49

hi i like exams because i learn more during exam

Submitted by Kiomars on Sun, 10/05/2020 - 18:05

In reply to by Muniba shafiq

Absolutely! i am agree with this idea.

Submitted by Mohsin on Tue, 31/03/2020 - 22:46

Hello, Yes I have a lots of exams but I don't like them,when I have exams I can't live normal because I spend all the day stressed.

Submitted by Suzan m. on Sun, 29/03/2020 - 18:33

I don't like exams because it makes me stressed.

Submitted by daria patskikh on Sat, 28/03/2020 - 14:21

I don't like exames. I think that its very stressful.

Submitted by Nane on Fri, 27/03/2020 - 20:25

Hi, I don´t have to take exams. But I don´t like exams. I think there are other ways to determine levels knowledge. Regards, AM

Submitted by OlaIELTS on Tue, 24/03/2020 - 14:12

However, no. Yes of course, because its a requirement for assessing knowledge.

Submitted by Asad91 on Mon, 23/03/2020 - 06:42

In last month I was very busy because my exam was satrt due to office duity I have not prepare for exam

Submitted by john731 on Sun, 15/03/2020 - 06:25

I take a few exams from time to another. Nevertheless, I like taking tests to study more and know if I studied well or not.

Submitted by 함보민 on Sun, 15/03/2020 - 03:15

as a Korean, I have been taking so many exams. and it is proceeding.. I am always nervous for exam. It seems like never be adaptable to take a exam.