Shopping for clothes

Listen to a conversation in a shop to practise and improve your listening skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then listen to the audio and do the exercises.

Shop assistant: Hello, can I help you?

Customer: I'm just looking, thanks.

Customer: Excuse me?

Shop assistant: Yes?

Customer: Where are the changing rooms?

Shop assistant: They're over there. Behind you.

Customer: Thank you.

Customer: Hi. Excuse me again. Do you have this jumper in black?

Shop assistant: Yes, just a moment. What size do you need?

Customer: Extra small, please.

Shop assistant: Here you are.

Customer: How much is this?

Shop assistant: It's £29.

Customer: Can I pay by credit card?

Shop assistant: Yes, you can. Of course.

Shop assistant: Would you like a bag for that?

Customer: Yes, please.

Do you need to improve your English listening skills?

Submitted by Dastenova Firuza on Tue, 07/07/2020 - 16:21

Yes, I like shopping up to weather. I don't like going outside in hot and cold weather, so at such situations I do shopping by net.

Submitted by qziad on Wed, 01/07/2020 - 17:12

I like to go shopping, I like walking in big stores
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Tue, 30/06/2020 - 13:58

Recently I don't buy any clothes. I'm not a fashionable person, I bet.

Submitted by Youssef Er-rafay on Mon, 29/06/2020 - 23:23

I don’t usually go for shopping , i like to go , but with my friends , so they can tell me about their opinion about the clothes and shoes

Submitted by Ronake on Sun, 28/06/2020 - 21:52

I'm kind of shopaholic, I enjoy so much buying new things every time, even If I'm wearing them just a single time. In my spare time, I would like to spend in Shopping malls, trying on new items and buying them. Also, I prefer purchasing in the online market because it is really suitable, you will avoid the crowd and spend fewer hours.

Submitted by Ragdaalamin on Thu, 25/06/2020 - 10:03

yes i do .. majorty of the women like go to the shopping it's like apicnic .

Submitted by hangnt5 on Wed, 24/06/2020 - 09:36

I like to go shopping for clothes and shoes, When I had a salary I often go shopping for something such as new clothes, shoes for me, for my children. I sometimes go shopping when I would like to award myself when I make the achievement. Now by the COVID-19, so I don't go shopping, I want to save money. Because my job is not good, my company has some trouble with our products

Submitted by joshnamep on Tue, 23/06/2020 - 06:24

I don't enjoy shopping much, but I enjoy going shopping with my Mom.
Profile picture for user Caterina Siligardi

Submitted by Caterina Siligardi on Mon, 22/06/2020 - 17:49

Yes, I fancy shopping. Is there a woman who doesn't like to do it? Is there a husband who isn't worried when his wife says she is going just popping out for shopping? The only thing that can stop her, sometimes, is a tiny budget.
Profile picture for user Hennadii

Submitted by Hennadii on Fri, 19/06/2020 - 15:46

I like to go shopping. I like to walk around the big store, I like the smell of new clothes and shoes. I really like this feeling when you are already tired and finally go into the coffee to eat something before going home.

Submitted by Nsengir on Fri, 12/06/2020 - 10:52

I like to go shopping. But I don't understand that If you have money you don't find what you want, ıf you don't have money you can find everything :)

Submitted by MAE on Sat, 06/06/2020 - 14:37

No really. I always shop online, because I feel tried when I spend much more time walking in the supermall.

Submitted by Asni on Fri, 05/06/2020 - 22:21

No, I don't really enjoy shopping that's why I go only if I need something. And I go straight to it, I don't spend much time at the shops. I enjoy more going for a walk or jogging. I also like going to a café or a restaurant.

Submitted by eshan.saif on Wed, 03/06/2020 - 15:13

I like shopping but i don't often go to shopping. Basically i go to shopping twice in a year to buy clothes and shoes. As a Muslim we celebrate two main festivals in a year, and in these periods i like to do shopping and give presents to my relatives like new clothes, shoes etc.

Submitted by Leonardo Lisboa on Tue, 02/06/2020 - 01:30

I do not like too much, to me is always boring, and I’m undergraduate student, I like to save my money how much that I can.
Profile picture for user ILYES

Submitted by ILYES on Sun, 31/05/2020 - 17:32

Yes i like to go in shops of clothes , In my country the clothes is very expensive but I go to the shops many times although . actually sometimes I'm buying some things and sometimes just only watched .

Submitted by amal.araia on Thu, 28/05/2020 - 21:04

Yes, I love shopping and enjoy it so much. I go shopping for clothes or shoes once every two months.

Submitted by cittàutopica on Wed, 20/05/2020 - 16:00

Yes, I love shopping, but I'm not shopping addict. I go shopping for clothing when I need to buy some clothes for an occasion or when I have the desire to wear something new.

Submitted by mouna99 on Sat, 16/05/2020 - 14:31

Yes I love shopping, and I always do that in my free time

Submitted by c.lopes23 on Wed, 13/05/2020 - 20:15

Do you enjoy shopping? How often do you go shopping for clothes or shoes? No, I don't, I believe boring. I don't know, but it's few times in the year

Submitted by polina1994-94 on Wed, 13/05/2020 - 13:48

I love shopping very much! If I have more money, I would go shopping twice a week.

Submitted by konatenasty on Sun, 10/05/2020 - 12:58

I like to go shopping with my friend in my free time,i feel beautiful when i try on some clothes and shoes.Shopping takes away stress and makes me happy.

Submitted by Fatemeh.Najafzadeh on Thu, 07/05/2020 - 01:42

I love shopping. I’d like to go shopping to buy anything (cloths, shoes, bags and etc.) as much as I want but I can’t because I need to save some money for the future. But I usually go shopping every month.
Profile picture for user Bignon

Submitted by Bignon on Sun, 03/05/2020 - 19:42

Of course I'm a woman so I like to by a new dress each month. I would like to by more expensive shoes, but I don't get enough money.

Submitted by Youssef Karfouh on Thu, 30/04/2020 - 15:46

yes i do , i sometimes go shopping some clothes at the weekend with my friends

Submitted by shami88 on Mon, 27/04/2020 - 14:58

I love shopping so much when I have money I will pay a lot

Submitted by AmirELT on Sat, 25/04/2020 - 06:11

This is a great lesson with activities designed beautifully. Thank you.

Submitted by Emirito on Tue, 21/04/2020 - 21:16

Yes I do. I love shopping anything. Especially, I buy clothes of high quality as well as shoes. So, maybe I am going to the shops until three times to the year. But, there is another dates like San Valentin or brithdays where I go to the store for some present.

Submitted by HMida on Tue, 21/04/2020 - 14:42

Really, I don't like shopping. That seems a woman hobby. Personally, I do shopping only when I need of clothes or shoes for a particular event. Moreover, where I am accompanying my wife for her purchases, very much I miss.

Submitted by Aisha Mohammed… on Sat, 18/04/2020 - 13:59

I love shopping, I very enjoy a shopping when I have got money.
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Sat, 18/04/2020 - 05:37

During Covid-19, I can now get by without shopping for clothes. =3

Submitted by nguyenthihoanb0510 on Fri, 17/04/2020 - 14:30

I went shopping after i had a salary. i'd like to buy something like trousers, dress or T-shirt once a month. Because of the hot weather in summer, i enjoy a white or pink cotton T-shirt, which is comfortable and cool. Sometimes, i also buy some pair of shoes.

Submitted by Gladys on Wed, 15/04/2020 - 21:18

Yes, I like shopping,

Submitted by FRANCY JACQUEL… on Wed, 15/04/2020 - 20:23

Yes, i enjoy go shoping. I normalment go when in date special, maybe a birtday, hallowen, or chirsmas
Profile picture for user zabiullah

Submitted by zabiullah on Fri, 10/04/2020 - 12:01

i enjoy shopping it makes me feel comfortable. sometimes i go to shopping with my bestfriend. we usually purchase clothes, shoes, jeans, coat and hand watches. but my parents always said me you dont waste your money for shopping , you can save your money and buy some books and useful things...

Submitted by ali hamza on Fri, 10/04/2020 - 06:38

when need arise of shoping i go with friend

Submitted by Aya Sayed on Tue, 07/04/2020 - 00:10

Actually , I don't like to go shopping . I often go shopping monthly .

Submitted by Silambarasan on Fri, 03/04/2020 - 12:02

I like shopping when I 'm not busy. I often go shopping a month. I go shopping when I would like to award my self when I make achievement .
Profile picture for user OlaIELTS

Submitted by OlaIELTS on Thu, 02/04/2020 - 13:10

Yes, l does. Not often, but when its need arise.

Submitted by Daudau0601 on Tue, 31/03/2020 - 14:49

no, i don't. Although i really like going shopping, i don't have a lot of money to buy new clothes

Submitted by Nane on Mon, 30/03/2020 - 20:24

Hi, I love shopping, it is a hobby for me. I go shopping once a week. Regards,

Submitted by ezzadin on Thu, 26/03/2020 - 04:45

Submitted by Khin Nyein Chan on Mon, 16/03/2020 - 02:09

Yes I enjoy to go shopping.I go shopping one time by one month.Sometime I buy clothes and sometime I buy shoe or slipper to wear.

Submitted by alexrinconr on Tue, 10/03/2020 - 23:57

Yes I love it. I prefer go to the shopping with one person that more people.

Submitted by jason2295 on Sun, 08/03/2020 - 03:21

No, I don't like to go shipping but when I need to buy something I have to do it. Normally I go to get something new to wear once a month

Submitted by Naima on Thu, 05/03/2020 - 13:34

I don't like shopping, but it is compulsory if I need somethings new like pant, skirt.

Submitted by s4lemm on Tue, 03/03/2020 - 17:14

I love to go shopping, but I prefer shopping online, because it's cheaper.

Submitted by Abdullah on Sat, 29/02/2020 - 19:21

No, I don't. Because it takes a lot of time and makes me tired at the end. I usually go shopping when there is specific event, like: Eid Al-Fitr or graduation day for example.

Submitted by VmGuerrero on Thu, 27/02/2020 - 10:54

I don't like but I usually go shopping with my wife every week. She loves shopping!!