A poster at work

Read an invitation to an office event to practise and improve your reading skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and do the exercises.

Reading text

Time to relax!

Come and join our lunchtime yoga class with experienced yoga teacher Divya Bridge!

When? Every Tuesday at 1.30 p.m.

Where? Meeting Room 7

How much? £10 for four 30-minute classes.

What to bring? Comfortable clothes. Divya will provide the yoga mats.

How to join? Write to Sam at Sam.Holden@example.com

We can only take a maximum of 20 in the room, so book now!

Do you need to improve your English reading skills?

A1 English level (elementary)
Profile picture for user Caterina Siligardi

Submitted by Caterina Siligardi on Sat, 20/06/2020 - 17:16

Yes, I do. I practise Taiji Quan three times a week. I love to do Taiji.

Submitted by abudo93 on Sat, 20/06/2020 - 14:53

No, in the meantime I can't do that because of the responsibility, I have big family so I have to almost work on day.

Submitted by LarisaAlp on Sun, 14/06/2020 - 15:45

My husband and I went to the gym and swimming pool 3 times a week before lockdown. Now I learn English at home with the British Council. I joy it. Thank you.
Profile picture for user Basar Huzni

Submitted by Basar Huzni on Wed, 10/06/2020 - 12:54

Yes, The British council for learning English is one of the main websites I'm using and studying it every day usually about five hours or more than. And before this course (I mean learning English with British council), I had studied course with Khan Academy for mathematics Because I'm a teacher of math :) with my respect for all.

Submitted by Fatemeh.Najafzadeh on Wed, 10/06/2020 - 01:59

I like to do but I’ve got a baby and I can’t join to any classes.

Submitted by MUHAMMAD YOUNUS on Mon, 08/06/2020 - 07:21

No, because I don't have any time to take class. that's why I am unable to take any class.
Profile picture for user lsrafael

Submitted by lsrafael on Sat, 06/06/2020 - 15:49

Hey guys! Yes. I go to gym every day, but I usually go around 6:00am or 6:30am.
Profile picture for user ILYES

Submitted by ILYES on Wed, 03/06/2020 - 21:09

I go to the gym five time in week , But now it's the quarantine ...so i practis at homme .

Submitted by eshan.saif on Mon, 01/06/2020 - 18:10

At present i am not doing any classes outside of my work though. But i have completed two skill development courses which was on Web development. When i needed to attend to the classes three days in week. Although it was time consuming but i enjoyed those moments a lot with my class mates.

Submitted by Mamta Gusain on Sat, 30/05/2020 - 15:51

Yes, i attend online yoga classes in morning. the class started at 7.30 in morning and ends at 9o'clock. after that i get ready for my office work that i do from home due to lockdown. The yoga classes really made our mind and body healthy. it helps us to do our work with more concentration and patiently.

Submitted by haji_adam on Wed, 27/05/2020 - 21:12

I excited to learn English each single day to improve my skills thanks british council

Submitted by Thai Nguyen on Mon, 25/05/2020 - 23:53

When i was a student, three time a week i went to a English center to improved my skill. It was a funny class.

Submitted by Anneke Putri on Sat, 23/05/2020 - 03:25

no, i don't do things like that. i'm a college student and i feel i don't have time to join other class

Submitted by adrianomiranda on Thu, 21/05/2020 - 22:17

Yes, I do. I study english with "britishcouncil". It's very good! I like a lot!

Submitted by Natali G on Tue, 19/05/2020 - 18:24

No but I like go to the shop and I take a many foods in my bag and I go to home with my purchases

Submitted by MoutazAlotaibe on Mon, 18/05/2020 - 23:11

Yes, I always do classes at my home. Especially in the morning.
Profile picture for user Rusli

Submitted by Rusli on Sat, 16/05/2020 - 17:32

After Working , i don't have a time for gym, because i always go home at night

Submitted by mouna99 on Sat, 16/05/2020 - 14:34

Yes I do gym twice a week
Profile picture for user Akbarhuja

Submitted by Akbarhuja on Sat, 16/05/2020 - 11:04

I don't believe Yoga

Submitted by ABDELLAH on Fri, 15/05/2020 - 02:53

No I Do exercices at home

Submitted by Eveline1999 on Fri, 15/05/2020 - 00:07

No. I am just a student!

Submitted by deya on Tue, 12/05/2020 - 21:09

no, i'am a student. i learn only on internet ( corona time)

Submitted by c.lopes23 on Tue, 12/05/2020 - 14:54

Now, I don't work, because the lockdown, but when I worked I did to dance class and project Management MBA

Submitted by casssioesousa on Tue, 12/05/2020 - 03:32

I want to do yoga, but I don't have time and money to pay the classes. I still hope to do anyday.

Submitted by Sharif Tayyebi on Sun, 10/05/2020 - 22:35

Doing yoga is very good to keep calm, but in Afghanistan we cannot find an experienced and nice place to do. I am keenly looking forward to find, but I couldn't. I hope to find and do it for pleaser and being more quiet.

Submitted by sara niktabe on Sun, 10/05/2020 - 18:36

but i don't go to a class after my work. i prefer do it at the weekends

Submitted by sara niktabe on Sun, 10/05/2020 - 18:34

i will do yoga with an experienced teacher too... it give to me calm

Submitted by huu.lt on Sat, 09/05/2020 - 17:44

I going to book a store in the evening. I find English books and a dictionary.

Submitted by Raimbek on Thu, 07/05/2020 - 11:45

Yes I have classes. Sometimes I going to gym in the morning or evening, I take shower its help me be a great. Also I love train in swimming pool.

Submitted by feyarita on Tue, 05/05/2020 - 20:44

I do exercises at home.

Submitted by bren on Tue, 05/05/2020 - 15:05

I don't have any class outside after work. But i do workout using online app, it's help me to be healthier

Submitted by Nyanko Neko on Sun, 03/05/2020 - 14:28

Ohh ... I don't have any classess after work. I just learning at home and try my best everyday
Profile picture for user Elhamshojaei

Submitted by Elhamshojaei on Fri, 01/05/2020 - 12:52

Yes I take an online yoga class, 3times a week, Saturday, Monday and Wednesday. It is really good for me because i don't have enough time for gym.

Submitted by sergio1008 on Fri, 01/05/2020 - 01:26

Not actually, but 1 year ago, I practiced dramatics arts, it was one of my best experiences in my life and I wait to return soon.

Submitted by Cristhopher on Thu, 30/04/2020 - 05:47

I actually dont take any classes after work, but I prepare myself at home to get a professional certification and also, I am learning to paint with aquarela painting by watching videos on youtube. It is a way to learn something new but also, to cope with stress and anxiety.

Submitted by Alfaprime on Tue, 28/04/2020 - 22:55

No, I just start to learn english and want to do some other classes because I don't have a job for 10 years now because I have got a family etc..and I think it is the right time now to find something. Sorry if I make mistakes in writing.

Submitted by narcisa on Tue, 28/04/2020 - 10:27

Yes, I am doing LBT and core classes at the Gym after work.

Submitted by Engmir on Sat, 25/04/2020 - 19:54

Yes, I do. I toke English classes twice a week in the evening, but now I can't attend classes because of the alert state. As soon as the schools open back, I'm going to take a physical English course.

Submitted by nourhan.samir on Thu, 23/04/2020 - 01:45

yes of-course. i was already register at the gym. i was joined class for yoga before and boxes. that is right for good life style.

Submitted by Jeyk Gama on Tue, 21/04/2020 - 03:45

Recently, I attended an online class in preparation of my english-test. For now, due to workload, I prefer self-study on my free time.

Submitted by jason2295 on Mon, 20/04/2020 - 23:40

No, I really don't do any class outside or my work, after work I prefer to stay at home, reading a book, studying languages or listening to music.

Submitted by Dinawards on Sun, 19/04/2020 - 00:46

No I don't have any classes this day neither work. It has been a year since I decided to quit my job. However, about 5 months ago I took an English courses in English Village for 3 months. It mean a lot to my English progress.

Submitted by Christian on Fri, 17/04/2020 - 00:15

Hello everybody! I have never done any classes outside of my work.
Profile picture for user johnny depp

Submitted by johnny depp on Wed, 15/04/2020 - 13:55

Thank you for teaching us the real English. i am looking forward to hearing from you.

Submitted by Shadabali93 on Wed, 15/04/2020 - 09:22

No, I don’t use any classes outside my work. Actually I am pursuing MTech and right now I am in second year. Only research work is ongoing during my second year, so I don’t have that much time to join outside classes.

Submitted by Minerva on Fri, 10/04/2020 - 02:51

Yes , I practise swimming everyday at weekdays and weekends too. An hour per day, but now the swimming Pool is closed due to corona virus,

Submitted by alexrinconr on Thu, 09/04/2020 - 21:14

Do you do any classes outside of your work? Yes, I do. I studied my master outside of my work.. this event was very complicated
Profile picture for user zabiullah

Submitted by zabiullah on Wed, 08/04/2020 - 12:39

yes i do... i always try to take classes for doing some exercises. now i am isolated from my family due to corona virus. bxz my mother and father are very older they are more at risk than my other part of my family...every morning i run about 4 kms and do some other actions to improve our immune system....
Profile picture for user Lucinei

Submitted by Lucinei on Tue, 07/04/2020 - 02:39

At the moment I'm not working, because I'm looking for a job. But always am I studing.
Profile picture for user ashrafsdmp

Submitted by ashrafsdmp on Tue, 07/04/2020 - 01:32

Yes, I do. I do online classes outside my work. I really enjoy doing it because in those classes there many people join from different parts of the world. Meeting foreign people is incredible for me. I love talking with foreigners.