Farm animals

Learn words for some farm animals and pets by doing these exercises.

Are you ready to take your vocabulary to the next level?

A2 English level (pre-intermediate)

Submitted by Nandar Su Hlaing on Tue, 13/09/2022 - 15:30

I took care of chicken that was given as a present for me when I was young. I think I haven't seen the sheep. I have seen the rest of animals. I love to care of cows, pigs and goats I have read, those animals are very friendly.

Submitted by AlexandraMT on Mon, 29/08/2022 - 13:28

A short time ago I had a dog. She died 4 months ago. Taking care of her was a beautiful experience. I have not seen a goat

Submitted by Hadjra on Mon, 15/08/2022 - 14:16

In my house we take care of many animals we have 2 cats, 5 goats, 3 chickens and 7 sheeps. I scared of mouses and pigs, I hope take care of one rabbit someday.

Submitted by ptngiau on Fri, 12/08/2022 - 03:59

I have live with two dogs, one passed away. Both of them were taken care by my sister. I have never took care one.
I have never seen a sheep in fact. I only have seen it on TV, images...

Submitted by hung2o4 on Sat, 26/03/2022 - 12:32

yes, i take care two dog, pig

Submitted by nadyanightingale on Fri, 11/03/2022 - 20:04

No, I don't take care of any of these animals, never have taken care actually. My mom enjoy taking care of cats and dogs, so she has 2 cats and one dog at her parental house.I guess I've never met or seen mice closely.

Submitted by ANOUAR on Tue, 23/11/2021 - 13:21

Emm, I think I haven't seen a pig and I was taking care of a cat in my friend's house.

Submitted by karencg on Mon, 25/10/2021 - 12:44

i have twon dogs and i have really seen all these animalsin my life

Submitted by Bena - Mustafa on Sun, 17/10/2021 - 05:02

In fact ,I don't have any animals to care it . But previously , in my country my father was been raiser goats and sheep , he don't love doges and cats , I was milked the female goat ,But i don't like that milk , they say it good for the children's .I don't want to take care for any animal because i disgusting of they. I don't saw it pig and i don't want see it .

Submitted by joselo on Wed, 18/08/2021 - 12:42

I used to have a dog and a cat as pets when I was a child. Now I live in a small apartment and there is no enough room for them. I like horses too and I would like to have a farm someday with chickens, pigs, goats, and rabbits.

Submitted by amr mohamed on Tue, 04/05/2021 - 16:12

My father is a farmer, he takes care of goats and cows. I do not take care of any pets. I never saw a pig before.

Submitted by Mai Khin Nway Shein on Sun, 18/04/2021 - 15:55

I care my cats but they don't care me. They are running away when they see me. I never saw a sheep.

Submitted by Andrea Valencia on Wed, 31/03/2021 - 19:29

I do not care for any of these animals. I have seen all these animals.

Submitted by Nader Ahmed on Wed, 31/03/2021 - 14:08

I don't have any of these animals at my home, but before I had a very nice Cat and, I never saw a Pig.

Submitted by Alex.BC on Sun, 07/02/2021 - 16:13

Yes, I do. I have a dog. The breed is West Highland White Terrier.

Submitted by fariba on Sat, 14/11/2020 - 10:58

in the past i had cat.
Profile picture for user ManuelXD

Submitted by ManuelXD on Tue, 03/11/2020 - 18:57

Yes, I do. In particular I take care of my dog
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Fri, 30/10/2020 - 13:58

I have a question. Why is a mouse one of the farm animals? A cat has a role of chasing a mouse. But why does a mouse live in a farm? :(

Hello Rafaela1,

I suppose because they can always find food of some sort? Next time I see one, I'll be sure to ask ...

Profile picture for user Optimist

Submitted by Optimist on Fri, 30/10/2020 - 09:49

I have a cat, his name is Misha. I care about him. I saw the rest of the animals in my grandmother's village

Submitted by Maff on Wed, 14/10/2020 - 16:51

I take more care of my dog ​​and I know each other and I have seen all the animals

Submitted by César Ortiz Romero on Wed, 14/10/2020 - 16:25

yes, I have a dog and two cats, I know farm animals and my favorite is the rabbit and the horse

Submitted by Brian H.A on Wed, 14/10/2020 - 16:14

Yes, I have a cat that I take care of since she was born, my parents take care of sheep and my sister a puppy that they gave her on her birthday. and no, I've already seen them all at least once.

Submitted by Yemina on Wed, 14/10/2020 - 16:11

Maybe taking care of the farm food or the cat looks at the rat because it is its prey.
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Sun, 27/09/2020 - 13:03

What does a cat do in a farm? Keeping an eye on rats??

Submitted by Red Ranger on Sun, 27/09/2020 - 04:05

I love cat and dog. They are my favorite pets. In my house , there are always cats or dogs . I don't see sheep. Because I live in uptown, so I can't see these sheep.

Submitted by Asni on Sat, 20/06/2020 - 21:44

Currently, I don't. But, we had a dog in my parents' house and one summer I went there for holidays and I took care of him. I gave him showers, fed him, played with him, went for a walk with him, and even talked to him when I felt bad. He was like a friend, we spent a lot of time together. I've never seen a pig. I used the past simple, but I'm not sure if it is correct. I'm a bit confused! Would you please tell me which tense I should use in this case. Thank you for your attention. Best wishes

Hello Asni,

Yes, the past simple is appropriate here. You're describing a series of actions which took place in the past at a specified time.

Hello Peter, Thank you for your answer. I was confused because when I described the action of feeding 'I fed him' I meant that I was doing that over a period of time in the past, in this case, during the holidays, not only once.

Roles

• anonymous user role (no expiration)

Submitted by RixNguyen (not verified) on Tue, 09/06/2020 - 11:37

I have a dog and a cat. When they were sick, I took care of them carefully and dedicatedly. I have never seen a sheep in my life.

Submitted by FRANCY JACQUEL… on Thu, 04/06/2020 - 12:29

I have a dog, I had a rabbit, I like horses, I've seen them all.

Submitted by Natali G on Thu, 21/05/2020 - 09:55

Now I have two dogs and six cats) Because I live in the village I have no problems with so many animals) My grandfather had many rabbits and I liked to play with them when I was a childe. I rode a horse and I didn't like it.

Submitted by thuy02102000 on Tue, 12/05/2020 - 16:28

when I was young, I raised 3 dogs (Big dog, Lai, Su) but Big dog and Lai dead already, and now I just raise Su, and I love it so much.

Submitted by Alexis GG on Tue, 21/04/2020 - 08:18

I'd love to have pets but I still doesn't have. I maybe will choose a cat because this animal doesn't too much care, it can make his life by it own. Maybe when I will have a house or more time for me I will take a dog too. I think I've ever seen all of this animals, perhaps not pigs. Sadly I've already see mice in my flat ... I'd prefer to never have see this animal ;)

Submitted by ghazala faraz on Sun, 12/04/2020 - 12:23

I haven't see pig yet. In pet animals cat is one of my favorite but i have never had a cat because my mother have allergy with it. In village side we have farm animals like goat, hen, cow, rabbit. People get milk , meat, egg from them, they eat and also sell these farm products.

Submitted by marzieh on Fri, 10/04/2020 - 14:48

I don't take care of any animals. yet I have not seen the pig. pig meat is forbidden in Islam.

Submitted by Maria Shams on Thu, 09/04/2020 - 22:37

I never saw a pig. In Egypt we don't have it in farms and it's forbidden for Muslims to eat pork.
Profile picture for user Smiley1

Submitted by Smiley1 on Mon, 16/03/2020 - 13:46

I'm wondering if a cat is a farm animal or a home pet...???

Submitted by vivi chao on Sat, 07/03/2020 - 20:01

The above I haven't take care of animals, but I have two pets are the bird. I seeing everything above animals.

Submitted by Sohelabed on Sun, 01/03/2020 - 06:28

In our daily life all the animals we need like we eat cows milk & meat, same for sheep & goat, we eat chicken, some have pet like cat & dogs, other religious eat piggs meat, and horse for riding etc.
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Submitted by Rafaela1 on Mon, 24/02/2020 - 14:18

I don't take care of any of these animals, but I sometimes enjoy watching funny videos of animals on online. ʕ•ﻌ•ʔฅ

Submitted by Dariusz on Sun, 23/02/2020 - 17:22

I don't take care of any of these animals. I don't have an animals and pets at all. There is any animal that I have never seen, I haven't seen a pig.

Submitted by Nourhene.boussema on Sat, 11/01/2020 - 14:57

I don’t like animals very much because I scared of them but my father take care of chickens every day he feeds them and give them water when they are thirsty. I have seen all of them except big,eating pork in our country is forbidden.
Profile picture for user Dieudonné

Submitted by Dieudonné on Sun, 29/12/2019 - 21:42

Very funny! I named my dog Patience and I leave Burkina Faso when he was still a baby dog. But when I went back from Algeria in 2017, he totally forgot me and was in the point to attack me, fortunately my mom was here. During my holidays I tried my best to get his heart but I failed, whatever I still love him because he is too cute and my best keeper. Best friend forever Patience!!!!!!!!!!!
Profile picture for user mtalebi

Submitted by mtalebi on Thu, 20/06/2019 - 09:36

I have seen all of them except pig. Eating pork in our country, Iran, is forbidden.I do not like to take care of them.
Profile picture for user Smiley1

Submitted by Smiley1 on Sun, 26/05/2019 - 09:58

Humans eat them, except mice(?), somewhere around the world.