A poster for exam candidates

Read the poster outside an exam room to practise and improve your reading skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and do the exercises.

Reading text

Poster 1

FINAL EXAM INSTRUCTIONS

• Doors close 5 minutes before the exam begins.
  • Show your student ID card to examiner when you enter the room.
  • No phones, no books.

Poster 2

BEFORE THE EXAM

• Have your ID card ready.
  • Listen to the instructions.
  • Arrive 10 minutes before exam.

IN THE EXAM

• Mobile phones switched off and put away.
  • ID card visible on the desk.
  • No talking.
  • No food or drinks in exam room.

Poster 3

• Follow the examiner's instructions.
  • If you have a question, raise your hand.
  • No mobile phones, books or bags in the exam.
  • Please use a blue or black pen.
Do you need to improve your English reading skills?

Submitted by deya on Tue, 12/05/2020 - 21:23

i have a lot of exams, i like exams but i hate the sress of it

Submitted by Kiomars on Sun, 10/05/2020 - 17:06

I had many exam during to the bachelor degree, but i have passed the exam along term, if i practice the exam to my self how to do with this? All the best Kiomars

Submitted by Cristhopher on Sat, 09/05/2020 - 23:18

I did have a lot of exams when I studied at University. Right now, at work sometimes I have to do some tests to complete courses and certifications, but there are not so stressful and rigid like were in high school and university. Also, I am preparing to take a professional certification from Cisco and when I take that, I would be very similar to old times. It may sound weird, but I really like exams, I think they encourage me to prepare and feel challenged.

Submitted by Raimbek on Thu, 07/05/2020 - 12:25

I think nobody love exams :D

Submitted by Moudi elviana on Tue, 05/05/2020 - 18:28

I don't know, exams are make me stressful. But sometimes I feel that the atmosphere in exam room is really something that makes me more challenging.

Submitted by Nyanko Neko on Sun, 03/05/2020 - 14:40

yes, recently i have a lot of exams. Well , i like exams so much because it help me improved myself. It is obvious i not good at english so i want to improve my english as soon as possible. One day, i'll achieve my dream

Submitted by sergio1008 on Fri, 01/05/2020 - 02:03

Yes, during my bachelors degree I had many exams, I don't like the exams, but in a course that I do, explain the importance of the exams and the learning

Submitted by narcisa on Tue, 28/04/2020 - 10:37

No, I don't have an exam, but I like to study and the examination it is the way to value my knowledge.

Submitted by abdul aziz farooqi on Sat, 25/04/2020 - 13:35

Not much, I am preparing for english exams next month, but I like the exam because of its preparation.

Submitted by nourhan.samir on Thu, 23/04/2020 - 01:55

no i dont have because i am working now but before when i was during the study i dont like it.

Submitted by jason2295 on Tue, 21/04/2020 - 00:02

Now I don't have a lot of exams, but I am studying hard to do International Englsh and french exams.

Submitted by Christian on Mon, 20/04/2020 - 04:00

Yes, I do. last week I had a lot of exams in my course of English at the university and I don't really like the exams because I feel that are boring for me.

Submitted by Dinawards on Sun, 19/04/2020 - 00:59

No, i don't. It has been a long time i am not doing exams. Sometimes, I miss it.

Submitted by M.Gouda on Fri, 17/04/2020 - 00:06

Hello, when i was young i really hate exams because i was live all day at the stress until to appear result. but now i like to learn everything and take courses to improve myself, Its something like a challenge.

Submitted by Ahmed510 on Wed, 15/04/2020 - 01:08

Recently, I have no exams to do, but I like the point of it, It's something like a challenge.

Submitted by Qurbanov Elbrus on Tue, 14/04/2020 - 19:54

I like exams because exams give us improvement and everyone knows this is fakt! ( I am not good at english,may be my sentences will not be in order. I am new here in british council and I am happy with you- MY BRITISH COUNCIL!

Submitted by FaribaJavazi on Sun, 12/04/2020 - 18:11

I had the examine in the past. I didn't like them.

Submitted by ss on Wed, 08/04/2020 - 23:21

As of now i don't have exams. But i do like exams because it is challenging, tests our knowledge on the topic, optimum utilization of time, handle pressure etc. are the things i like about exams.
Profile picture for user zabiullah

Submitted by zabiullah on Wed, 08/04/2020 - 12:25

when i were in school, my maths teacher took exam ever day... all students hated bxz noone liked exam...but now i would like to have exam and i like it...
Profile picture for user Lucinei

Submitted by Lucinei on Tue, 07/04/2020 - 03:07

I like exams, because a undertand that is a oportunity for me show knowledge.
Profile picture for user Tutor Ashraful

Submitted by Tutor Ashraful on Tue, 07/04/2020 - 01:00

Yes, I do have lost of exams because I'm still a student as well as teacher. Almost everyone hates exams and so do I. But it's necessary to be in the next levels. Without exams student life can't be imagined.
Profile picture for user Berny Herrera

Submitted by Berny Herrera on Mon, 06/04/2020 - 23:54

Good point, I haven´t realized of it. Hopefully you get a response for your question. (I´ll be waiting for the answer as well).

Submitted by Muniba shafiq on Sun, 05/04/2020 - 12:49

hi i like exams because i learn more during exam

Submitted by Kiomars on Sun, 10/05/2020 - 18:05

In reply to by Muniba shafiq

Absolutely! i am agree with this idea.

Submitted by Mohsin on Tue, 31/03/2020 - 22:46

Hello, Yes I have a lots of exams but I don't like them,when I have exams I can't live normal because I spend all the day stressed.

Submitted by Suzan m. on Sun, 29/03/2020 - 18:33

I don't like exams because it makes me stressed.
Profile picture for user daria patskikh

Submitted by daria patskikh on Sat, 28/03/2020 - 14:21

I don't like exames. I think that its very stressful.

Submitted by Nane on Fri, 27/03/2020 - 20:25

Hi, I don´t have to take exams. But I don´t like exams. I think there are other ways to determine levels knowledge. Regards, AM
Profile picture for user OlaIELTS

Submitted by OlaIELTS on Tue, 24/03/2020 - 14:12

However, no. Yes of course, because its a requirement for assessing knowledge.

Submitted by Asad91 on Mon, 23/03/2020 - 06:42

In last month I was very busy because my exam was satrt due to office duity I have not prepare for exam

Submitted by john731 on Sun, 15/03/2020 - 06:25

I take a few exams from time to another. Nevertheless, I like taking tests to study more and know if I studied well or not.

Submitted by 함보민 on Sun, 15/03/2020 - 03:15

as a Korean, I have been taking so many exams. and it is proceeding.. I am always nervous for exam. It seems like never be adaptable to take a exam.

Submitted by jharna on Tue, 10/03/2020 - 07:27

Hi, I have a question. the first poster says: "Show your student ID card to examiner when you enter the room." and the third: "Follow the examiner's instructions." For what reasons has "the" been omitted in the 1st and included in the 2nd? Can "the" be used in the first. Thanks.
Profile picture for user Kirk

Submitted by Kirk on Wed, 11/03/2020 - 07:18

In reply to by jharna

Hello jharna

Yes, it's possible to use 'the' in the first poster and in fact is what we would say in a normal text. But often signs have abbreviated language -- that is, nonessential words are removed -- to make the message shorter. That's why it's not in the first poster.

All the best

Profile picture for user Sergei Baskakov

Submitted by Sergei Baskakov on Wed, 04/03/2020 - 19:06

Now and when I was younger, I was afraid of exams.

Submitted by anny_B on Wed, 04/03/2020 - 01:17

hi guys. my name is anny, i just moved to the united states, and i am trying to improve my english skills. i was wondering if any of you could help me. i'm afraid to speak with people face to face, i know it sounds stupid, considering the fact that it will help me to gain confidence and to develop my skills, but i will be glad if any of you could me.

Hi Anny,

It can be hard to become more confident in a second language. The key is practice. The more you use English, the more confident you will become. Since you are in an English-speaking environment now, you have plenty of opportunity to practise and you will improve. Remember, most people are very patient when someone is learning the language. Think about how you react when someone is trying to speak your language and is having problems. Most people will be positive and try to help, so don't feel bad if your English is not perfect. Keep trying and it will improve!

Submitted by alexrinconr on Fri, 28/02/2020 - 22:46

No, in this momento don`t have exams, I put a lot of for my students jajajaja jajajaj

Submitted by pacha809 on Tue, 25/02/2020 - 12:44

Obviously, like all the students I took many tests. When we knew in advance that the teacher was going to interrogate us, I wasn't afraid. But when he surprised us with a surprise test, I wasn't sure onmyself. And I didn't like that. After, I became myself a teacher. I always told my students the date of the test.

Submitted by Sandar Soe on Tue, 25/02/2020 - 08:06

Yes, I like exams.

Submitted by Alaa Basha on Sun, 09/02/2020 - 05:51

I used to have before when I was at collage, but now I'm working so It's rarely to have. For me having exams makes me too worried and stressful, however, I like it for I feel the challenge with myself and others.

Submitted by SureshMaryan on Fri, 31/01/2020 - 14:13

Yes, i like more

Submitted by haroonrahimi on Tue, 28/01/2020 - 07:17

Yes, I have about 12 exams after 3 moths. I have to give those exams during 20 days, they will select the start and end dates.

Submitted by Lapina on Wed, 22/01/2020 - 01:57

Yes, at the end of semester I have exams. And I don’t like it, because it’s a little bit stressful for me. I’d like to know, how do you prepare for exams? Can you share with your experience?
Exams are stressful for me too, but if I am prepared before it will decrease my stress. What I am doing for preparation that make me confident and easy to give the exams is study on daily based and also more and more study of the same topic. As more I study one topic as much more I can remember that.

Submitted by MaryaSun on Fri, 17/01/2020 - 15:45

Hi, when i was an university student i usually did about 10 exam every years. I was always ready for it but sometimes i was very stressed and full of anxiety. Now i have finished to study at university and i am attending an IT course. I will do the final exam next Tuesday morning and i am ready and a lot of quiet.

Submitted by Tagreeaad on Mon, 13/01/2020 - 21:42

I had more exams our brain will be more active and we are more nervous and irratable

Submitted by Nisha Hari on Wed, 08/01/2020 - 05:54

Yes, i do not like exams.

Submitted by mdiaz on Thu, 02/01/2020 - 17:20

No i dont have a lot of exams, but the last exam was fifteen days ago in my job this exam it was about the informatión about the company from diferents areas for example tecnology, amidimistratión, security and others and the results was amazing i got a good qualification 96% of 100 %.